Smile For Santa

Smile For Santa

Cold winter...

Pine trees...

Cookies...

Santa...

 

   I should spend this special day with someone special too. Or at least, family.

   I have no family nor relatives. I live alone since eight. Before eight? It is really not important. I do not even want to remember about it.

   Do you want to know why I am still alive now? Richness. It is because of my family's richness. I was rich before. I sold almost all my clothes and toys that I have and buy the cheaper ones. 

 

   And I worked since twelve, because I had no money anymore. Ah I did not tell you earlier. My house is taken by peoples I that do not know. Wait, I know, but I do not have to tell you right?. Since then, until now, I live in a small room near my old house by myself.

   Now I am twenty four years old and have a lot of money because of my jobs. And I still live in that small room. I do not want to spend my money on a house. Not just that, my first reason why I saved a lot and not moved out from that small room is because I want to be a Santa.

   I know this is sounded stupid, but my dream since I was a little is became a Santa. Everyone is happy when Christmas and smiling a lot because of Santa who give them presents right? That is the reason why I want to be a Santa. I love seeing peoples smiling very much. Mom's smile, Dad's smile, I love it so much. So I want to be a Santa to make everyone happy.

 

   I already bought a lot of foods, toys, dolls, clothes, and other things as presents for everyone's smiles.

   I walk to an orphanage near my small room. I bring all my presents for them. I opened the door and happily said, "Annyeong! Santa is here!". Many children ran to me while smiling widely. "Sunny unnie is here~" The beautiful girl, Chaerin, shouted happily. "No no no, I'm not Sunny unnie. I'm Santa Sunny! Ho ho ho~" I said while giving her a present. The children's age here is about a year until twelve years old. After twelve years old they moved to a bigger orphanage or worked.

   "Okay guys, if you want a Christmas present from Santa Sunny please line up and don't be naughty in the future okay?" The children gave different reactions and lined up to get a present from me. I give them one by one, and make sure everyone got their presents. And of course I talked with them while giving their present, so that I can see theirs smiles longer.

  After giving the children presents, I go to the ahjummas who take care of all this cutie smiling angels."Eommonim, please let me help you!" I said brightly. I take the plates and cups and then place it on the table near the children. "Santa Sunny noona-ah, what's the food for tonight?" Eli walked to me and said it. "Special for today, it's cream soup!" They are smiling again. I smiled ad went back to the kitchen and placed the plates and cups again. Some kids and their eyes told me that they are really want to eat the yummy cream soup. That puppy eyes... I can not handle it...

   "Kids, wash your hands now, then you can eat." Some of them run to the washroom and go back to the table, smiling widely. Aigoo they are smiling again. I said, "Before eating the best cream soup ever, let's pray and thank God for giving us health, food, and everything," I have not done with my words but someone cut it, "And for giving us all ommonim and Sunny noona." I smiled happily and widely. Then I continued my words, "Pray begins.

   Oh God, thank you very much for gave me Mom, Dad, this kids, and Ommonims. I wish this innocent kids will always smiling, give them better jobs than you give to me, and please make me a Santa for them too next year. "Pray end."

   They started eating the cream soup happily. I went to the kitchen again, "Ommonim, let's eat with the children!" I said to them. "Ah, Sunny-ah! Thank you very much for helping us everyday! We know you don't have that much of money and live alone, but you always help us with no burden. Thank you again!" The youngest Ommonim, Hyoyeon ahjumma hugged me. I smiled and said, "Ne Hyoyeon ahjumma, now let's eat with them okay?" I grab all the ommonims' hands, pulled them from the kitchen and asked them to eat with the children.

   I go to a kid that always needs help when eating, Taeyeon, and sit beside her. "Santa Sunny unnie, help me!" She said to me. I giggled, "Kkk Taeyeon-ah, if you want to ask someone to do something, you should use 'please', otherwise they don't want to help you." She replied cutely, "Ne, unnie! Please help me!" "Of course I will help you!" I messed her hair. I took her spoon, "Now, please open your mouth~ there's an airplane~" She opened and ate it. After she is done eating, I moved and helped other children.

"Noona, are you not eating?" The cutie maknae, Dongho asked me. Ah yes, I did not eat my own food.

"No, it's okay. I already eat before going here. You want some?"

"No, I want noona to eat it." He pouted.

"Aigoo, Dongho-ah! Yes I will eat later. But if you want it just take it," I his hair.

"But don't pout! I won't eat it if you pout." I said to him. Maybe I should eat it to make him happy and smile.

"Ne noona!"

   I go to my seat and eat my almost cold cream soup. I looked to Dongho and waved to him. I mouthed 'I ate!' to him and he smiled. I just need theirs smiles.

   After everyone done eating, I pushed the wood tables one by one to the corner of the room. Some kids helped me but I shooed them. Why I pushed the tables to the corner? Because they sleep here too. This orphanage only has four rooms; a pretty big room for them to play, eat, sleep, and do other things; a kitchen; a room for the ahjummas; and a big washroom.

   I help put their futons and other things for sleep like pillows, blankets, and dolls. After I helped them with their sleep thingy, I told them a fairytale story before they go to sleep. After everyone is asleep, I go to the room for ahjummas. "Ommonims, I will go now, tomorrow I will be here again." I bowed to them. "Thank you again Sunny-ah!" Yoona ahjumma said to me. "No need to thank me ommonim."

   I go out from the orphanage. I mumbled to myself, "My dream comes true, I become a Santa." I smiled widely.

 

 

Umm... What I said earlier? I already spent this special Christmas with something special,

Everyone's pure smile.