Final.

60 Seconds.

WARNING: This story's title is a disclaimer. It will not take 60 seconds for this story.
Probably five minutes or so. Three if you're a fast reader.

--

 

Myungsoo stretched, walking down the street and twirling his black umbrella. It was a nice day, almost into fall. There was a nearby cafe, but he wasn't into the mood for coffee. He looked around and stopped when he saw her.

 

She stood under the roof, waiting for the rain to settle down. She didn't want her new blouse to get ruined since she had another interview to get to. Suddenly, the tip of a black umbrella loomed over her head and she heard someone stop behind her. She turned around and saw his face, nearly running into him in the process. "I'm sorry--" She looked into his face and lost her breath.
"It's fine." He laughed. "You looked like you need to get somewhere and since it's raining, I wanted to help. Wanna share my umbrella?" She laughed.
"I don't know. I'm not supposed to talk to strangers, nonetheless share umbrellas." He laughed.
"Don't worry, I'm just walking you to a cab. But cabs don't go down these streets, meaning you'll have to walk a block or two in the rain. It's a gentleman's job to make the pretty lady happy, right?" They both laughed. "Besides, you're in my Korean Literature class at Seoul University. Don't you remember me?" She shook her head. "And if you don't like those reasons, then listen. I like you and I wanna get to know you." He smiled, giving her an eyesmile. "There. Happy?" She nodded, wrapping her arm around his. 
"What's your name?"

 

He didn't notice the people walking around him, the sound of people stepping on multiple leaves, the smell of the shop behind the stretching girl, or the wind. However he did seem to notice the water falling onto his face, snapping him into reality and making him wipe it with his hand. 

 

He slid into his seat, drumming his pencil against the table. Myungsoo was at his least favorite class of the semester and was waiting for the class to start. He sighed and leaned back when he heard the teacher's mundane voice enveloping the lecture hall. He looked around at the many posters she was gesturing at when he saw another student. His hands came to a stop onto his desk as he watched her taking notes. He had never noticed her before in this class, yet he was sure he knew everyone in his class. She finished writing down into her notebook and looked up, then locked eyes with him. He smiled. It was that girl from the shop. It was that girl who had the nicest smile. It was her.

 

She stopped stretching and went back inside. He looked up quickly, watching her go. He immediately followed her into the cafe without a thought.

 

 

She sighed, throwing the knife softly onto the cutting board. "The pieces of the hotdog aren't even anymore!" She made a face and was ready to throw a fit, but stopped when she saw him pick up the knife and start cutting it into even pieces, tutting softly. "Calm down. You know you could have just asked me sweetie."
"I can't depend on you forever," She pointed out. "I got the shop job, so I need to learn how to cut it more evenly." He lifted an eyebrow and looked at her. Wordlessly he pushed the board in front of her and walked behind her. He grabbed her hand and used it to pick up the knife again. She smiled and laughed, feeling comfortable in his arms. 
"See? You're cutting it more evenly now." He kissed the side of her face, making her smile again. 

 

 

Myungsoo sat down at the table and waited for someone to take his order.  The shop was created so that the customers could watch the cooks make their meals and orders, so Myungsoo watched her behind the counter. It seemed that she was cutting kimbap. A waitress coughed, bringing his attention to her. "What would you like to order?" At that moment, she looked up around at the customers. 
"Seulki! Back to work!" Her boss' sharp voice brought her back to the food. "You have another order after that-- a cappucino!" She shook her head and started moving the food from the board onto the plate. Meanwhile, Myungsoo looked up at the waitress.
"Could I pay now instead?" She nodded her head.

 

 

He smiled, watching her play with the ring. "It's so nice!" She squealed, then kissed his cheek. "Thank you," She beamed. She put their hands together.
"Now we're matching!" He laughed, then hugged her with one arm. "This ring, whether it's next to mine or sitting alone on your pretty hand--" He leaned in for a kiss. "No matter what you're wearing, no matter what color you decide to change to, it'll always match you. Because a pretty ring will always match a pretty girl." He winked and laughed.

 

 

 

His cappucino was warm and tasted like how she used to make it. The drink was able to warm him all over, but he wasn't sure whether it was because it was cold outside or because it reminded him of the good times he spent with her. From his seat, he could see her fading colored hair, her now-wrinkled blouse, and on the counters, her favorite flowers. When he finished his drink, he stood up and hesitated before pulling out a ring and leaving it on the table.

 

 

She bit her lip. "Are you serious?" She rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Like he cares whether or not you wear all black like you usually do." He froze and glared at her.
"Are you serious? Sunggyu chatises me if I wear a different color. It's part of our group's tradition." She scoffed.
"I doubt they'd remember that after all these years." He frowned.
"'After all these years'?! How old do we sound to you?! It's only been three years, Seulki." She followed him to the door.
"And you have to meet at a club?" She frowned. "For God's sake, you're dating me! Wha---" He spun around.
"What, you think I would cheat on you?" He held her face and looked down at her with a smile. "I only have you. I'm telling you, no matter many times you get irritated at me, no matter how many times I get angry at you, don't forget that you're the only one I like. You're my future, my everything. You're the only one I'll be laying eyes on today, tomorrow, and as long as we're together. I love you babe. Don't forget that." She cracked a smile and leaned up to kiss him. 
"I love you too sweetie." He grabbed his jacket.
"Besides, it's just another one of our stupid traditions. It'll be over in an hour and I won't get drunk. When I get home, I'll play that game you like with you, alright?"

 

 

She smiled and wrote down the customer's order. "It'll be finished in around five minutes." She turned and saw a ring on the table. She picked it up and saw him leaving. Without a thought, she ran up to him. "Sir, you forgot your ring on the table." She smiled and held out the ring.

 

 

He laughed bitterly, almost sarcastically, making her shocked. "Do I care if you meet up with other guys? Are you being serious right now?" She was taken aback by his harsh tone.
"They're old high school friends. They're dating someone if you're worried about that--"
"That doesn't stop the fact that they can still do anything! There aren't any girls that are going! What else am I going to think! I feel like they'll gang up on you--"
"Now you're the crazy one." She gave him an angry look. "You're being ridiculous. These guys are beign. They can't hurt me! I'm stronger--"
"How do you know that?" He barked. "Are you meeting up with them behind my back?!" She rolled her eyes.
"They're friends. I told you that I--"
"When you saw friends, I think automatically that they'll be girls! Don't you have any friends that are girls?!" She slammed her hands on the table. 
"Fine! I won't go if you're worried that I'll sleep with them! When you said that you only had eyes for me, that you only trust me, don't you know that I only have eyes for you?! Don't you realize that I only trust you too?! That you're the only one I trust with my life?!" She left the room and strode into her own bedroom, slamming the door behind her. She wiped her eyes and began texting her friend, Dongwoo. 
Sorry, I can't go. Myungsoo's a bit angry that you're guys, ahahaha.^^ Maybe next time. Stop by my shop!
Seriously?! Wow. He's unbelieveable. Why are you dating him anyways? She sighed. "I don't know anymore," She muttered. She heard him knock on the door.
"Seulki?"

 

 

Myungsoo turned around and smiled in a saturnine way. Seulki looked up at him and her smile became frozen, then disappeared altogether. He took her hand and folded it. "Sorry, that's not my ring. You can have it though. You look like you'd like it." He looked back up at her and smiled, then turned around and walked away slowly. She watched him, her arm falling to her side.

 

 

She growled. "I can't believe you!" After pushing herself off the couch, she took a couple of steps towards the door, ready to leave, then turned back. He was leaning on the arm of the couch when she walked up to him. He looked up at her sharply when she grabbed his hand and pushed the ring into the palm of his hand. "We're over," She said coldly. He stood up, but could only stand there dumbly as she left.

 

 

Myungsoo pushed the ring softly into the palm of her hand and smiled. "Sorry that's not my ring. You can have it though." He smiled before walking away and out the door. Seulki's arm fell down to her side as she watched. She could only stand there dumbly and watch him leave.

 

--

Hey!^^ This is my end of 2012/start of 2013 oneshot!

 

Might make a sequel or two... or a story.

/crying because I have other fan fics to update but I decided to make this instead