Love

Unexpected Love

 

How on earth I would now, that I will marry a e. That saying is truth, love is blind. My love story is not like others. We don’t have crying, fighting and jealousy scene. We just simply love each other.

One Year Ago.

China was new city to me. Yeah, I’m just moved in because I pursued my studies here. I lived alone in a condo. My mom and dad were rich. So, I didn’t have any problems with financials, but I felt lonely living alone. So, I decided to rent a room to a stranger. The stranger is a local guy, but he can speak Korean quite fluent. I wonder why I choose a guy to live with. Maybe, I felt living with a guy is better than living with girl.

“Ni Hao, Wo shi Xi Luhan.” he greeted me.

“Ni Hao. You don’t mind I call you Luhan?” He has a nice taste of fashion. He looks cute, but he is manly.

“Yes, everybody calls me Luhan.”

“My name is Julien, but you can call me Jue. Are you still studying, Luhan?”

“Nope, I’m not. I work as a e.” WHAT? I should ask his occupation first, but I think I’ll be fine with that.

“I’m okay with that, but please separate your works and your personal live. I don’t want waking up and seeing a girl in my house.”

“You don’t have to worry about that. I don’t like to that them home either. I do my job outside your house.” He face doesn’t seem like a e.

Every day was fine for us, until I decided to break the walls between both of us. I felt pity to him. He didn’t seem to enjoy his works. Every time he got back home, he seemed too tired. So, I was making a dinner for both of us. I’m not a great cook, but at least I can cook. I prepared a simple dish. Now, I just have to wait for him.

“Hey, I’m back.” He took of his shoes and put on the shoes rack.

“Luhan, I prepared dinner for you. You can reheat the food, if you want.”

“Oh, thank you. I get a bath first.”

Well, at least he didn’t refuse my offer. 10 minutes later, he came down. His hair was wet, showing his nice jawline and manly face. I was admiring his face. Somehow, his face made my heart felt ease. Both of us sat on the chair and focusing on our foods. Until, I break the silence.

“Luhan, can I ask you something?”

“Sure, Jue.” He just smiled and continued to eat his foot.

“I’m just curious, what made you choosing e as your job. I’m sorry if the question offends you.”

“No, I’m okay with that. Actually, I don’t want this job either. It is a long story, but I’ll just make it short. Living in Beijing is hard. School tuition is so expensive. My mom can’t afford us, since we have so many siblings. My sisters are getting married early and follow their husband. I have to support my mom and brothers. She doesn’t know that I work as a e. I tell her, I work as a office worker. She’s gonna kill me if she found out. That’s why I decided to rent a room. With that money, I can help my brothers for their school. Thank you for letting me lives here.”

I understood his conditions right now. I was hard making life in here. I didn’t aware of this problem because my parents are rich.

“Wow, what a great story.”

“I told you about myself, so now, tell me about yourself. You seem doesn’t have any interest with love.”

“Yes, it is true. I don’t have any interest with love. Why would someone cry because a guy dumped her? Singing with a guitar at late of night, reciting a poem at the park, I just don’t get the scene. Are they trying to be a singer and poet?  I prefer to be single.”

“Love is beautiful, love is blind. Love is everywhere; we only have to wait the right time, and you should open your hear for the love to come in. Once you got the love, lock it tightly, so it will never lost. ”

“What do you feel when you fall in love?”

“Your heart will just go boom, boom and boom.”

“Ridiculous.”

He just laughed at my words. We finished the food and head to sleep. Well, it was nice taking to him. Maybe he was right, I should open my heart.

Every day we will have a dinner together and kept talking about our life. I thought everything was fine, until one day.

“Jue, can you help me? I’m at the police station. They locked me up.”

“I’ll be there.” Why Luhan was arrested?

When I arrived there, the police told me that Luhan being charge for insult and starting a fight. His client’s boyfriend somehow found out about their relationship. They were having a big fight at the bar. Both were bleeding and in pain. I settle down the problem and headed back home with Luhan.

“Luhan, next time I will not help you. This is not good, okay.”

“I’m sorry Jue, I will not do this again.”

“Do you know how much I worry about you?”

“I’m sorry. Jue, can I ask you something?”

“What, Luhan?

“Do you love me?”

“Why are you asking me that question Luhan?”

“Well, I’m gonna be honest with you. Since I first start to move in, you accepted me really well. I never thought I will fall in love with you. After telling the truth about myself, you still don’t mind about me working as e. I never met someone who was really understanding like you. I will stop working as a e if you want to be my girlfriend.”

I question myself. Do I really love, Luhan.

“Luhan, I don’t know. I never fell in love.”

“Ask yourself, do you feel the boom, boom?”

From that day, I was thinking about Luhan question. Do I really feel the boom, boom? Somehow, I felt ease because Luhan has stop working as a e. He was working as cashier right now.

I was on my way home when I received a text message from Luhan.

Can you spend some time with me? I meet you at the park at 5.

Well, it’s almost 5. I just headed straight to park then.

“Hey Jue, I’m right here.” Luhan was sitting on a swing. He looked cute on those swing.

“Why you asked me to come here?”

“Don’t ask. Let’s just enjoy the date.”

DATE? Well, I just go on with his plan. We were playing like a kid. We were jumping around. We pkayed so hard.

“Luhan, I’m gonna rest for a while.” I decided to take a seat. Luhan just continue playing with bunch of kids.

Luhan looked so happy. He was smiling so brightly. He was mocking those kids. I just can’t stop staring at him. Am I really in love with you, Luhan? Is this the boom boo effect? I have made my decision. I’m going to explain everything to him.

That night, we were eating or dinner as usually.

“Luhan, I need to tell you something.”

“What’s the matter Jue?”

“Luhan, I think you were right, I do felt the boom boom effect when I look at him.”

“Oh, you fell in love. That guy is so lucky.” Luhan was giving me a fake smiled. Stupid, it was you.

“Yes, that guy is so lucky, because that guy is eating dinner with me right now.”

Luhan was so shocked. He just simply kissed me.

“Thank you, Jue. Thank you :)

******************************

We get engaged for a few months and then we just married. I do take some time before telling him the truth. My parents don’t oppose our relationship. They just fine knowing Luhan was just a normal workers. Luhan’s mom was so happy. She was amazing. No wonder, Luhan loved her so much.

Today is my graduation day. Did I tell you that I just turn 21 years old? Yeah, that’s right and we gonna have a new member in our family. I’m five months pregnant. Actually we want to wait after I finish my studies, but we just normal couples. Child is a god gift and giving a birth is a blissful act. My friends were laughing at me. Just imagine, you were five month pregnant and you were wearing your graduation clothes. Ah, I don’t care, as long as Luhan was with me.

I was really grateful, having a nice husband. Even though, he worked as a e before, but he still the best man that I ever know. I don’t give someone talking about his past. What I knew, I just fell in love with man who rent a room in my condo. I love you, Xi Luhan and our upcoming baby.