His and Her Situation

Late Spring

Living in a small flat was not a burden for a young adult named Park Heewon. She was living there for a long time. Just like a typical one of so many fairy tales, or even story line of novels, she was an orphan, lived in a simple flat, nothing much she could do. She had a part time job in Ice Cream Shop at night. While the rest day she spent the time to be a free lance writer, at least the payment of her jobs was enough to support her daily life.

Even though she was not a rich person, she had a pride that she was proud of. Not like many rich people that became a slave and got rid of their pride just for money. The damn money which she thought could not buy happiness at all. She was indeed realistic, but sometimes she would imagine having so much money even she could use it to take a bath. A normal thought.

“Are you going to work, unnie?” a girl younger than Heewon came in to her room.

“Yes, it’s already evening, Eunji-ya.” She waved at her so called little sister.

“Be safe, unnie.” The younger one waved back.

The two of them were living together since Heewon found her in alley fainted 2 years ago, then she brought her home. The girl named Jung Eunji and was one year younger than Heewon.

“I don’t know where to go, since my master kicked me out from the house I worked.” Eunji answered.

“Busan to Seoul?” Heewon furrowed her eyebrows.

“After I walked along the street, I met a kind person, he went to Seoul to send some vegetables, so he gave me a ride to here. I just didn’t want they bullied me anymore.”

“Who do you mean? Your master?”

“Yes, and everyone who hated me, they didn’t want me exist in that place.”

“Where are your parents then?” asked Heewon while giving her a cup of tea.

“They passed away.”

Silence. There was only a sigh from Heewon, a deep sigh.

That was their first meeting. Heewon offered her to live with her, looking at that bubbly girl with the painful sadness inside made her, they two were same, orphan, lived alone in this big world.

They got along after that, it was not hard getting close to a girl like Eunji, she was so bright and friendly. Heewon was proud of her, even though Eunji felt sad, she didn’t show it out to everyone, it was a good thing for Eunji, but kind of a bad thing to her since she wanted to know Eunji even more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Welcome Ms, may I help you?” Heewon asked a costumer coming.

“One chocolate ice cream please.”

“Heewon-ah, we run out of some strawberries. If you don’t mind, can you buy it in supermarket across the street. We already ordered it but it will come tomorrow.”

“Okay, Yoochun-ssi.” She smiled accepting some money from a guy named Park Yoochun, the owner of her work place.

“Be safe.” He chuckled. Since the first day Heewon worked there, he liked her. But it didn’t mean that he had a crush on her, he treated her like his own younger sister, since he didn’t have one.

Heewon walked in to the supermarket, it was already night, 10 pm. Nonetheless there were many people doing groceries. She grabbed a transparent bag and put some strawberries in it.

But something caught her attention, someone, to be exact a guy who wore a black hoodie and cap made some criminal scenes as she guessed, stealing some expensive small items and put it in his pocket hoodie. She examined him, his eyes were deep yet dark, his nose was angled perfectly, his plump lips, and his brownish black jet hair.

She didn’t have to care, she didn’t want to, but inside her mind wanted to shout, calling that guy as a thief. When she opened , the guy took out a knife and pointed it on his neck and gestured a slide signal, reminding her that if she did, she would be killed. So she closed and walked away forgetting her first purpose there.

“Thanks little girl.” Someone whispered as he run away, leaving her dumfounded, and a cold wind passed her as well. There was no one, just that guy’s shadow which disappeared in a dark corner.

“Heewon? Why are you here?”

“Oh, Yoohwan. I just bought strawberries.” She smiled, assuring herself that there was a person she knew there.

“So where is it?” that guy named Yoohwan asked her confused, there were no sign of strawberry with her.

“Oh, I forget, I left it at supermarket. Aish.” She cursed and run back to there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Yah, where were you? I called you, but you didn’t pick it up.” Heewon scolded Eunji.

“Sorry unnie, I need to teach other class since other teacher didn’t come today, he was sick.”

“Just call me if you will come late later. Don’t you know that I was worried, I thought something bad happened to you.” she pursed her lips. A girl she treated like her own sister made her worried as hell.

“Don’t worry unnie. I will.” She giggled as hug her.

“Aish, don’t be so clingy. Just hug your boyfriend instead.” Heewon was not a girl who liked touchy-touchy things.

“He was sick unnie.” She pouted.

“Oh, he was the one who sick?” she nodded looking at her sister lowered her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

He still wore his suit heading to someplace, outskirts of Seoul. He parked his car in the yard of halfway house, a place to nurse many mentally challenged people.

“Good evening Mr. Kim, she just got some medicines, she is asleep.” One of the nurses told him.

He nodded as walked through the corridor of the building. At least once a week he visited there, when he was busy he would visit once of two weeks. But he ever couldn’t visit for one month because he went to Japan to make a deal with investor. And for sure, the girl threw tantrum for a whole day, she refused to eat or took a medicine.

He examined her sister’s face, so calm yet fragile. She looked thinner. Kim So Hyun, her step sister was in pain, her mother or so called his step mother bullied and abandoned her, and cheated on his father.

It had been two years, she was there. Actually he didn’t want it, but there was no choice, he couldn’t protest his father for making that decision. He was hopeless.

“Oppa” she mumbled as opened her eyes slowly. It was the time she woke up. He assured her a smile and she smiled back slightly.

“How are you?”

“Go home.”

“Tomorrow okay? You still need a rest.” He felt guilty for not doing anything to her. She was too young to be in that condition. She was still 13 years old for God’s sake. She should be having fun in school with her friends.

“Kim Jaejoong-ssi, doctor Han asked you to come to his room.”

“Ne, thank you Ms.”

Kim Jaejoong was a 26 years old man who worked in his father’s company as marketing manager. He graduated from prestigious university in USA. But all of his life was controlled by his father. He was like a robot that couldn’t breathe freely. But no one knew, every one would think that he was a prefect man who had everything he wanted, and many women dreamed him as their perfect husband.

*****