Invitation and Promises

Invitation and Promises

 

“Sora-yah, it’s me.” Jung Soo said. He couldn’t help talking to her girlfriend.  “Do you have a moment?” he continued. He is so glad that he got selected for the musical due to some privileges given to them. They were allowed to make a few limited calls to their loved ones just as long as they ask permission first.  He was able to borrow mobile from the staff and went inside the theatre and sat on the front row near the stage.

“Dae, Oppa I’m on way home. I asked manager hyung to drop me. We just finished dinner.  It was a fun show.” Sora recounted.

“Did you like my surprise?” he asked her.

“Dae, you didn’t tell me the message was for me. I thought it was just an acceptance speech.”

“So when are you going to visit me? You sure promised before that you will. I’m missing you a lot. “ the longing in his voice is evident.

“I… umm… told during the broadcast that I will visit you when you are a corporal already.” Sora guiltily confessed.

“You… what? But that wouldn’t be too soon princess.  I want to see you soon.” Jungsoo couldn’t hide his disappointment.

“Yeobo-yah, don’t pout. “ smiling knowing that habit of his pouting whenever he doesn’t like what he hears.

“Wae-yo, I wasn’t. “ He said defensively.  Is it a habit he hasn’t noticed? s never complained about it.

“You aren’t. You sure?  Im sure you are pouting right now.” Sora said matter of factly.

“Do I always pout in front of you?” Jungsoo asked in wonder.

“Just when you don’t like what you want to hear.” she explained.

“So you’re telling me I am right now because you know I don’t like what I’m hearing, so I am pouting,  is that it?” he kept asking.

“Yes and No.” Sora answered vaguely.

“What do you mean?” he’s lost in the conversation.

“Yes, I know you didn’t like what I said in broadcast that I’m going to visit you when you became a corporal. And no because I can see you when you pouted.” She explained and giggled when she saw Jungsoo turned around.  She smiled sweetly at him when he saw her at the theatre entrance.

“Sora-yah, how long have you been standing there?” his face flushed as he was unaware when did she arrive.

“Surprised? I was just kidding a while ago when I said it in broadcast.

“But how did you know?” not believing the situation he just stood there looking at her walking his way.

“I’ve known the theatre manager. I was just talking to him and he said you were in here. So I decided to drop by. He said you always stay here whenever you don’t have practice.  Lucky, you really are here. But I can’t stay long. I just want to see you, Oppa.” she stopped just a foot away in front of him.

“You did well, I’m sure. ” looking at her this close after more than a month feels like a dream. He never knew he’d get to see her fast. 

“You think so?” she said squinting her eyes with a teasing smile.

“Aish…” he held her hand and pulled her closer into a hug.  “I missed you a lot.” he said as he moved back to get a look on her face held it look at her eyes and glanced on her lips then back to her yes and kissed her.  Soft and sweet lips of her opened up to him and he delved deeper.  Eyes closed but his other senses are all to aware of her. She responded to his kisses, he longed too much that he couldn’t stop until he can no longer breathe.  Gasping for air, he lifts his head, touched her forehead with his. Her breathing unsteady, he opened his eyes and met hers.

“Saranghae…” he whispered.

“Saranghae, oppa.” Her heart beating so fast. She’s so happy that when she saw her video message that she had to make an impulsive call just to see him.  She had to ask her manager to help her.  The effort that she had to go through just to see him is all worth it.  To see his smile and be this close to him, how can she resist if she can find a way.  

“I need to go.” Sora whispered. Jungsoo took a step back but never letting go of her hand.

“You will visit me again, right?” his eyes pleading.

“I will.” She promised. “Please take care.”

“You looked you lost a lot of weight. You must take care of your health. Don’t make oppa worry, arrasso?” then he hugged her once more and let go. He watched her as she moves backwards still looking at him. Once she reached the door, she waved goodbye, opened it and went out.

He stood there for another minute and was about to  come out when Ji Hyun Woo, and Kim Moo Yeol came in.

“Jungsoo yah we, were looking for you.” Moo Yeol informed him.

“Oh, coming.” was his reply. He was about to move out when Hyun Woo stopped him.

“Here, remove the lipstick smudge first.” Hyun Woo handed him a hanky and smiled at him knowingly, pat him in the back and the two left.