Emotionless.

You Look Good

 

"It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember."

"Hyung, you ready?" Hoya says as he realizes Dongwoo is fidgeting next to him, nervously playing with his fingers.

"Huh? Ah, Howon ah. Of course. Ready as always!" Dongwoo smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes like it normally does and Hoya knows he's nervous. Heck, he's nervous himself.

They're performing Verbal Jint's You Look Good, and to be honest, Hoya is really afraid they will ruin the song or not perform it well enough.

"We'll be great, right?" Dongwoo asks, and looks at Hoya for reassurance.

Despite Dongwoo being the Hyung, Hoya knew Dongwoo needed reassurance for everything, he was just like that, insecure and forever doubting himself.

Hoya squeezed                 Dongwoo's palm and whispered, "We're always great. Me and you."

 

Hoya is first to start the song and despite being nervous, he does what he does best, performing.

As his part comes to a close and it becomes Dongwoo's time to appear on stage, he breathes a silent sigh of relief - he didn't forget any part of the lyrics, that was a good start.

As soon as Dongwoo's voice fills the stadium, Hoya resists the urge to smile.

Dongwoo's voice forever gives him the chills and there are no words to describe how much he absolutely adores Dongwoo's voice.

He's bursting with excitement to join Dongwoo at the middle stage, but as soon as he spots Dongwoo's gaze, his heart seems to stop for a second.

Something is wrong. No, not wrong - but different.

As they stop at the middle stage and sing while looking at each other, Hoya realizes that Dongwoo's gaze is out of focus and it's as if he is looking directly though Hoya, as if Hoya is not even there.

As they both turn away, Hoya tries to tell himself that it was just a trick of the eye, and he is thinking too much, but when they turn back to look at each other, Hoya lets out a silent gasp.

Dongwoo's gaze has become cold, heartless even, and at that moment, Dongwoo is like a stranger, totally foreign to Hoya, the bubble, cute dinosaur that he loves is gone and all there's left is a cold Dongwoo emitting a dark aura that brings shivers to his skin.

Dongwoo isn't even returning Hoya's gaze, he's lost in his own emotions, and as Dongwoo gradually moves away from Hoya, Hoya can't help but let out a frown, as he is piecing things together in his head.

This must have something to do with the lyrics of the song.

Hoya starts to slowly register what he is rapping, and all of a sudden, a situation pops into his head and he knows it relates to why Dongwoo was acting like this now.

It was something that happened a few months ago.

They all had some free time one day and Dongwoo, being the only one with a license, said he needed to take a drive and relax and left.

He was still smiling and his usual bubbly self when he left the dorm, but as soon as he stepped into the dorm after his "drive", everyone noticed the significant change in Dongwoo.

All the color was drained from his face and his eyes were unfocused as he took off his shoes and placed them on the shelf.

Hoya got up slowly from his spot on the sofa, and seeing this, the other members went back to doing their own thing, believing Hoya would solve whatever problem there was.

Dongwoo's hand was trembling as he held on to the car keys, and Hoya gently took it from his hands.

Seeing the keys disappear from his fingers, Dongwoo seems to snap out of a trance and whispers a 'thank you' to Hoya.

Hoya immediately takes Dongwoo's empty hands in his after putting away the car keys and rubs hit thumbs soothingly over Dongwoo's palms.

He can feel Dongwoo's breathing gradually slow down and his creased eyebrows gradually loosen.

Dongwoo falls slack on Hoya's shoulder, and Hoya, knowing his best friend all too well, immediately helps him into his room.

As Dongwoo settles down on his bed, he looks up at Hoya who was gazing down at him worriedly and he can't help but feel the warmth settle in his heart.

"Thank you so much, Howon ah. I don't know what I'll do without you, really." Dongwoo mumbles, but Hoya catches it and he settles down next to Dongwoo and massages Dongwoo's shoulders softly.

"Whatever happened Hyung, it'll be alright, so just relax, okay?" Hoya says soothingly.

Fast forwarding back to the present, Hoya knows he shouldn't be thinking about other things in a situation like this when they're performing, but he can't help himself, the ideas are all rushing to him.

And as Dongwoo raps, "He should know too, that you have a special sensitivity"

The amount of emotion he puts into that line has Hoya gripping his microphone with a greater force and his heart sinks.

He quickly collects himself, the performance is ending soon, he tells himself.

He notices Dongwoo grab something from the crowd and he spots his name on the slogan.

Dongwoo shows it to the fans who immediately start screaming and Hoya is struck dumb.

He can't stop the smile that forms on his face, Dongwoo, his Dongwoo is back.

The song ends and Dongwoo gives out a laugh that has Hoya's heart beating just a tat quicker, but he reminds himself of the Dongwoo that was on the stage before.

The cold, heartless Dongwoo, that he won't ever forget.

 

As they go back stage to change their outfits, there are a few more solo stages before it's a group performance so they have some time to rest.

Dongwoo gives him a friendly pat on the back and mouths 'good job' before going to change and Hoya is alone in the room.

The image of Dongwoo coming home looking totally distressed fills his mind.

How Dongwoo stopped driving for a few months, claiming he was tired, and that he just didn't want to drive.

That's when everything clicks.

Dongwoo must have saw that Noona that night, he must've.

That Noona who up till now, still has a grasp on Dongwoo's heart.

That Noona, who has taken first place in Dongwoo's heart ever since the candy kiss.

That Noona, who Dongwoo keeps telling everyone that he has forgot.

But Hoya knows, he knows how much she means to Dongwoo, and he knows how hard it is to forget someone you love so much.

He knows. He knows it so well, it hurts.

"Should I smile because you're my friend or cry because that's all we'll ever be?"

 

For the rest of the concert, Dongwoo is back to his usual self, but as soon as the concert ends and they're gulping down water and wiping away the sweat on their body, Hoya notices Dongwoo sitting on the sofa, alone, the towel forgotten on his shoulder.

"Hyung? You alright?" Hoya asks and shakes Dongwoo's shoulder softly.

"Huh? Ah. Howon ah. I'm fine." Dongwoo says and Sungyeol is acting hyper in front of them and the conversation is forgotten.

 

Seemingly, Hoya is not the only one to notice the change in Dongwoo.

Woohyun was watching Infinite H's performance closely backstage and being the closest to Dongwoo besides Hoya, he knew something was wrong and as soon as Hoya was in the shower and the other members were celebrating outside, Woohyun went into Dongwoo's room.

"Why are you here alone?" Woohyun asks softly, and Dongwoo is startled for a second before he plasters a smile on his face and replies, "Oh, I'm just not in the mood, why are you here anyway?"

"Hyung. I saw the stage. Infinite H's stage. What's wrong. Spill." Woohyun has always been straightforward and normal people would be ticked off by it, but it's what Dongwoo loves about Woohyun.

Woohyun has always been clever with words, and understanding other peoples' emotions.

"Hyun- I- I- saw her that night. T-That night when I went on a drive alone. I-I saw her. She was beautiful a-as always. She saw me too. She was as stunned as I was. There was a g-guy next to her. I-I wasn't able to move. I blocked up the traffic and only regained my senses when she walked away. I always thought- thought I had forgotten her long go. But, I have finally realized, it's not that easy to forget someone who held an important role in your life before." Dongwoo rambles in one go and Woohyun rubbing his bad soothingly throughout.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Woohyun asks softly.

"I-I don't know. I thought of talking to Howon but I - I'm just afraid that Howon is annoyed that I always talk to him about these type of things. And somehow I feel- Howon and I are not as close as before." Dongwoo mumbles.

"Come on, you two have always been close! Maybe Howon just needs some personal time you know? Do you think someone like Gyu Hyung would allow me to stick to him all the time?" Woohyun says and Dongwoo nods, understanding.

"Dongwoo ah, stop fretting, everything is going to be okay alright? And I'm sure, one day, you'll forget that Noona. Because you'll find someone who will treat you well, and you deserve nothing lesser." Woohyun says and at this point, Dongwoo really admires Woohyun's comforting skills, he was relaxed as ever.

 

So it's not only me who noticed Dongwoo's change during our duo stage today.

Hoya's hand floats in mid air right above the door knob and walks away slowly.

Of course.

Besides me, Woohyun is the closest to Dongwoo.

Dongwoo confides in Woohyun about anything and everything.

What if Dongwoo doesn't even need me-

No. The idea of me holding absolute no importance in Dongwoo's life is too scary to even think about.



 

Been writing this for a long time, but I just never get round to finishing it.

And I don't know if I ever will. 

But I feel so bad for not posting/updating since forever so I just decided to post what I have written.../