Final

Secrets

 

[[ Daehyun’s POV

I groaned as the light of the sun woke me up. I shifted, covered my face with the sheets, turned, and lied on my stomach everything but it didn’t help anymore. I slowly straightened my back, leaning it on the headboard as he I ruffle my own hair. I pulled my leg up and leaned on my knee, eyes fixated at the windows, hand fidgeting with the sheets, lips sighing, I’m nervous.

 

I closed my eyes and smiled. I can still feel the warmth of Eu Ran from yesterday. My hands slowly wrapped themselves around me as I place my forehead on my knee. “Eu ran ..” I whispered before kicking the sheets out of the bed. I ran towards my bathroom to fix myself. “Daehyun … it’s a new day … and … you’re going to meet Eu Ran again.” I smiled before closing the door behind me.

 

A few minutes had already passed after I showered; I’m now staring at myself in front of the mirror. “Is … it really okay to not wear my mask?” I asked myself as I ran my finger across my chin, tracing the skin that was hidden whenever I wear a mask.

 

I took the mask from the cabinet and raised it, eyes tracing each thread before putting it down. “I’ll trust Eu Ran about this … “ I mumbled before hiding the black medical mask inside the cabinet. I fixed my collar then took my bag before rushing out of the house. “ A new day Daehyun … a new day.”

 

[[Author’s POV

As soon as Daehyun set foot in the school grounds, everything around him turned, gasped, shocked but most of them squealed and blushed.

 

“Is that Daehyun, you know the creepy one with the mask?” A couple of girls murmured within Daehyun’s earshot. Daehyun bit his lips as he brace himself for the bashes and painful words that he might hear from them, but to his surprise everything became the opposite of what he’s expecting.

 

“Wow … he’s cute, and cool!” A girl slapped the back of his guy friend which winced. “Well you can say he’s just normal.” The guy replied still his hands on the slapped part. “You’re just jealous! Daehyun’s waaay cuter than you!” The girl spat before walking away. “W-wait!”

 

Daehyun can’t believe it, he’s earning compliments from the students who ignored him, avoided him, and looked at him with suspiciousness and things. “I-is this really true?” Daehyun muttered softly, still getting a bit shy about the sudden attention he was getting. He moved his bag to his chest and rummaged it a bit, he took a scarf out of it and wrapped it around his neck, without forgetting to pull the front of the scarf a bit lower to his chin so that he can still breathe.

 

He raised his head and smiled, but that smiled quickly disappeared as he was surprised at the sudden flock of girls in front of him. He took a step backward but then he bumped into someone. He turned and saw that he’s literally surrounded by girls. “W-what …” He mumbled before kneeling down as the flock of girls cover his tiny space. “He’s mine!” “No he’s mine!” “He’ll marry me!” “You guys are nothing to him, he’s mine!” Those were the words that echoed around Daehyun.

 

A few more seconds and Daehyun was already crawling his way between the girls’ legs. Luckily as weird as it may sound, no one saw him, so he successfully escaped the walls of girls.

 

He’s now walking towards his class when a group of guys blocked him. “Hey Daehyun!” The leader smirked as he walked towards him. It’s Yongguk, the leader of the famous group here in their school. For some reason even though he’s already 22 he’s still here and hasn’t yet graduated. He gulped because of fear crawling beneath his clothes. “You skinny guy.” He grinned before placing a arm on his shoulder. “Y-yes?” “Do you want to become one of us? Our friend?” Yongguk flashed his gummy smile before ruffling the aloof guy in front of him. “F-friend??” Yongguk smiled again when Daehyun stuttered. “Yes! Well you suddenly became popuplar, and well I’m not going to hide the fact that the reason why I’m asking you is to make our group more popular.” Daehyun’s smile faded and felt a bit hurt, which Yongguk noticed. “Aissh don’t frown, it’s not that we’re bad guys, I mean yes we’re going to invite you because you’re now popular, but it doesn’t mean that we don’t really want to be your friend.” Daehyun smiled again, he felt really warm and as the thoughts and feelings flood inside him, he nodded unconsciously. “Ahh good good, we’re going to announce you being inside our group tomorrow okay! Bye buddy!” Yongguk said before slapping Daehyun’s and walking away.

 

When the class had already started, Daehyun turned his head towards the windows and softly laughed, with his fingers holding a pen covering his lips. I never knew this can happen to me, thank you very much Eu Ran … When the girl’s name crossed Daehyun’s mind, he suddenly shifted and scouted the whole room for her, but to his dismay, he didn’t saw her.

Time passed quickly, and the sky had already turned all orange. Daehyun slowly packed his books and notebooks inside his bag when a girl suddenly called his name. Daehyun raised his head and his eyes quickly widened. “D-daehyun-ssi.” She mumbled. Her hands placed in front of her, clasped together while her foot was somewhat moving every second. Her lips were quivering a bit. “I-I’m one of your .. I-I mean .. i-I like you before you even took your mask off, c-can w-we be … I mean can we g-go out sometimes??” She lowered her head, feeling a bit embarrassed by her sudden confession. Everyone around him and her disappeared, all the students had already left, leaving both of them inside alone basking in the red sun’s shine.

 

Daehyun quickly stood up from his own seat, nervous because it’s the first time someone confessed to him. His hands were shaking too, feeling a bit uneasy, he looked at the girl’s face again. “S-sorry b-but … s-someone had already entered my heart and mind.” He whispered his response. The girl slowly raised her head and smiled. She sniffed, rub her eyes a bit before smiling. “I-it’s okay Daehyun-ssi .. i-I hope we can be friends?” She raised her left hand in between them while her right hand was covering her lips. “M-my name is Park Ji min.” Daehyun took it and smiled. “I-it’s nice to meet you Park Ji Min.” After that the girl named Ji Min left.

 

With his bag comfortable strapped around him, he passed the teacher’s lounge, but before he can make a turn he heard a name of the girl he’s been searching for. Daehyun stopped and placed his ear on the door. “Ahh her, that’s a bit sad, she’s a really smart student, why did she have to go?” A teacher’s voice made to Daehyun’s ears. Without thinking, Daehyun grabbed the small space in the door and yanked it open. “E-eu ran??” He said before running towards them. “T-teacher what’s wrong with Eu Ran?” The teachers looked at each other before answering Daehyun’s question. “Is she your friend? She didn’t tell you about her going to the province this very time??” He asked earning Daehyun a mental blow on the stomach. “C-can you give me her address? I-I didn’t even …” His lost for words now, seeing Daehyun’s expression convinced the teacher to give her address to him.

[[Daehyun’s POV

You can’t leave me Eu Ran … please not yet … y-you haven’t seen me smile!!! I ran away from the school, bumping to everyone, but at this moment, I don’t care what other’s might think of me, I received this kind of attention because of Eu Ran, I changed because of her, I have seen the bright of life that I lost after my parent’s death, again and it’s because of her, she can’t just leave me like that no way!!

 

I raised the paper from my hand, and blobs of water started to make the letters unreadable, luckily I memorized some of it. I need to make a sharp turn, I used my hand on the cemented wall to turn myself without making my speed less, but the impact was too much and it hurt my hands a bit. Still running, I raised my hand and small dots of red had appeared. I shook my head and focused myself on the walkway again.

 

You can’t leave me Eu Ran .. please … you have to see me first … no I have to see you!!

 

Finally, their house is within my sight now. I jumped over the small gate and went quickly to the door. I knocked on it but I acquired nothing but silence. I moved towards their lawn, in front of their windows. I placed both of my hands on the window and took a peek inside, everything’s already dark, and the furnitures were covered with white fabrics.

 

I felt my knees weakened, I’m late … too late. I sat on their lawn, looking a bit lost while staring at the grass. The wind blew nice and steady yet it didn’t calm my heart, it’s still beating too fast, too fast. I moved my knees and hugged them. Am I going to revert back to my old mask wearing self?

 

I closed my eyes as I slowly remembered her face. “Why did you leaved without even saying goodbye …”

 

“D-daehyun-ssi?” My ears perked up, lips twitched and breathe hitched. I raised my head and looked at the owner of the voice. There she is, standing on the gate with her white frilly clothe. “E-eu Ran?” I slowly stood up from the ground and walked towards her. “Y-you’re back?!” Again, my mind lost control of my body as I unconsciously hug her. I buried my face on her small shoulders, even though we just met yesterday, it felt like we were already friends before, whenever she’s near to me, I can find peace, I can find my own self, I can be me.

 

“T-the teacher’s said you left!” After regaining my mind back, I quickly pulled away and blushed. I lowered my head with my fingers playing a lock of my hair while my foot was moving a circular pattern. “Ahh .. about that …” her voice was faint, and it made me look at her. Her smile appeared, but it was really weak and in pain. “Yes … we’re actually on our way towards the train station when I realized that I left something. She walked passed to me and towards the doorway, she used her key and went in. My mind and heart was battling if I should go in or not, but before I can make a decision she already left the house and locked it again. “I left this.” She raised her hand holding a keychain of a stuffed bear. “What are you doing here Daehyun-ssi?” Her question made me wake up from my trance.

 

“Y-you’re going to leave me without even saying goodbye.” I felt the blood rush to my face again so I lowered my head to hide it. “Ahh I’m sorry, I never had the chance to ask your number and well I don’t know your address too … and I thought that maybe you were annoyed by ---- “ “You would never annoy me!” I cut her words with my own. After realizing that, I quickly covered my lips and turned away. Nice going Daehyun, now she’ll think that you’re some kind of a creep. I closed my eyes since I don’t want to see her somehow shocked because of my words, but all I heard was laugh, I turned and saw her laughing, again. “You’re really funny Daehyun-ssi ---“ “Drop the –ssi …” I muttered. She smiled before nodding. “You’re really funny Daehyun, but thanks … oh I just realized that you’re not wearing your mask again.” I smiled and walked a few steps towards her. “Yes .. i-it’s all because of you.” I shyly said.

 

“Y-yongguk asked me to become one of his friends, and … girls suddenly flocked around me and ---“ I covered my mouth again, why am I being arrogant right now? I suddenly became talkative! “Ohh wow well you deserve that kind of attention since you’re really handsome and you’ll fit well in Yongguk’s group.” I blushed at his word, She said that I’m handsome… “T-thanks.” I muttered. She was about to say something when his phone beeped. She took it and waved a bit before walking away. I saw her nodding then taking small glances towards me. After a few minutes she ran back and apologized. “Mian, I have to go now …” Surprisingly, sadness was present in her voice. “Ahh … c-can … can I hug you again?” I asked.

 

I can see that Eu Ran was really surprised by that, but before I pull back my words, she already hugged me, a split second had passed before she pulled back. “There, smile again Daehyun…” She ruffled my hair and fixed my bangs. “A-another request … can I have that keychain of yours? ..” I pointed at the keychain in her hand, she raised it, blinked and smiled before giving it to me. “You have to take care of it okay? One day, when I come back I’ll take it back from you.” I smiled when I heard her say that there’s a possibility that she’ll be back. “i-I’ll be waiting for you.” I should really stop embarrassing myself. “Neh … wait for me Daehyun okay?!” She smiled, waved and bowed before we both walked to the opposite road. I turned and watch her running figure away, I raised the keychain and flicked the bear’s nose. “Aw, don’t hurt my Daehyun-ssi.” I made my voice smaller faking it as if it’s the bear’s voice talking. “Mianhe Bear-ssi, you’re just so cute like your owner.” “Fine…” I laughed at my own childishness. “I’ll wait for you Eu Ran …” I whispered before placing the bear keychain inside my pocket.

 

 




 

 

 

This is the bear keychain that i'm talking about 

I finished this in one go ? OuO wow ... hahahaha

oh are you guys satisfied with this? in my mind Daehyun had a scene where he's crying and going emo again but then Youngjae and Sunhwa's song played in my music player making the whole story turn into a very different ending hahah so any comments guys?? please ???

 

OH! and well i'm planning a Shin Bong Sun x Yongguk fanfic later ~ hope you guys support me there as well~ i'm planning it to be a chaptered fanfic and not just a one shot~ hope you guys support me there~ ^_^

oh and please comment your thoughts about this, it'll really help me to grow and well improve! THANKS!!