Prologue

Bloodied Antlers.

 

“You understand, then, the importance of this quest?” The King spoke, voice echoing around the grand halls of the castle. He looked down at the helmeted head of the bowed knight intensely. The knight looked greatly out of place, a smear of battered grey against red carpets and tinted gold furnishings.

 

The knight swallowed, eyes darting around the lavish palace, hoping that he wasn’t shaking too much in his armour, and, if it was even possible, bowed lower to the King.

 

“Yes, Your Majesty. I will not return until I manage to capture the beast alive.” He carefully enunciated so that his slight lisp wouldn’t show. A bead of sweat dripped off the end of his nose and sank into the solid stone floor, expanding until it was nearly a centimetre across. His eyes widened when he saw the darkening spot, the blood draining from his forehead and his back turning completely cold. Before the King could notice, he nimbly shifted his foot so it covered the blemish.

 

“Very well. Leave. Take the best horse from the stables and take whichever weapon you may need from the armoury. Zitao will you on your journey.” The King gestured for him to leave with a wave of his hand. As the knight stood up, not fully though, and started to exit backwards, a man he hadn’t even noticed stood up from the King’s side and, like him, bowed and exited.

 

The knight recognised the man as one of the King’s personal bodyguards, and just that made him even more fearful of the upcoming quest and what it held. His looks were intimidating enough, with dark, haunted eye bags and a slim, but muscular figure toned with years of intense combat practice. His black hair fell over his eyes and created a curtain of mystery that, over the years of serving the King, had evolved into an aura of complete terror.

 

As the heavy metal doors clunked shut before them, Zitao sighed and let his shoulders slump, much to the knight’s surprise. He could barely believe what happened next; Zitao looked him straight in the eye and smiled. Gone was the terrorising air, he only saw friendliness and cheerfulness, nothing else.

 

“Hi.” Zitao spoke, and his voice was the complete opposite of what the knight had expected, light and airy and sugary. “I’m Zitao, what’s your name?”

 

Slightly stunned, the knight extended his hand for a shake.

 

“Sehun.”

 

************

So this is just the prologue, the real story will start soon after ^__^ I aim to be a little more descriptive and umph in this story, compared to my other ones, so bear with me lol. Just a little taste of what's it's gonna be like. Updates might also come slower, since I intend to actually edit everything and make it understandable and readable haha

And the only experiences I have with forests and knights and armour are with Assassin's Creed and Skyrim lol idek forgive me if I mentioned something off ^__^