Final Chapter

Cause I won't Ever Lose You

 

Days passed and it was the day of the Christmas party. Geun Suk was talking to his other friends when Ji-Yong arrived at the party. All of the girls invited turned their heads around as they spotted him. Immediately murmurs of, “OMG it’s GD!” started going around followed by small shrieks of happiness.

Ji-Yong smiled and waved to them has he walked to his best friend, “Nice crowd.”

Geun Suk laughed, “You’re quite famous I see.” He winked as both of them laughed.

A minute later an angelic figure arrived in the room wearing a white dress that looked like it came straight out of a fairytale. This time every guy in the room turned their heads and started smiling like idiots. Yoona politely returned their smiles and walked over to the two boys.

“Am I late?” she asked them.

“No…you’re absolutely perfect.” Ji-Yong gave her a kiss on her forehead.

Yoona laughed nervously and looked at Geun Suk, “Thanks for inviting us to the dinner oppa.” She smiled.

“How can I not invite you?” He smiled back as they sat down.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, except Ji-Yong. He looked a little bored for some reason even though Yoona and Geun Suk were busy laughing as they recalled memories together. Just then Ji-Yong spotted the members of the girl group Secret.

“Be right back guys.” He smiled as he got up and immediately walked over to them and started talking. Now he seemed to be enjoying himself.

Yoona looked at the way he enjoyed talking with them and tried to avoid feeling sad, Ji-Yong has always been like that after all.

“Quite the ladies man is he?” Geun Suk said as he noticed Yoona’s face.

Yoona looked back at him, “Eh? Ah…yes indeed.” She gave him a slight smile as she looked down.

“Don’t worry about it. We know he likes being around girls ever since he was like what? Five years old?” Geun Suk smiled.

Yoona sighed, “I just thought that he would be different, I mean, after being in a relationship. With me at least.”

When she’s hurt, Geun Seuk felt hurt too. “Well, I do know he loves you.”

Yoona laughed nervously, “Yeah, that. That’s something that I’m not…ah never mind.” She shook her head.

“Not what? Are you not comfortable with the idea of him loving you?” Geun Suk looked at her.

Yoona looked down, “I just, I can’t say it back. No matter how hard I try, I can’t. I just can’t.”

“Why can’t you?” he asked.

“Reasons.” She simply said.

Geun Suk looked back and tried to find Ji-Yong around the crowd. He has now moved to another crowd of girls and laughing along with them. Sometimes he wished his best friend would at least try for Yoona. He then stood up and moved around in order to be able to sit next to Yoona.

Yoona kept looking down and played with her dress, “You know sometimes I think that it’s my fault.”

“What’s your fault?” he looked at her.

“The fact that he hangs out with other girls and finds them more entertaining. It’s because I didn’t say it back, isn’t it?” Just right then a tear dropped from her eye.

Without thinking he pulled the girl and laid her head on his shoulder as he rubbed her arms up and down, “Yoona don’t say that. You’re just not ready. He’s like that because that’s how he is. Come on you’ve know each other forever.”

More tears dropped from her eye, “I just feel guilty. For not being able to say it back.”

“Ssshhh it’s okay. I’m here, I’ll always be here.” He closed his eyes and held her tighter.

How he wished that she wasn’t crying. The moment she started crying it shattered him into pieces. “Don’t cry…I love you…” he said out loud, without even thinking.

Yoona’s eyes flew back open as she straightened up to her seat and away from his shoulder, “What?”

Geun Suk sat as still as a statue and was speechless. No, this wasn’t the right time to say it. He must’ve been affected by her state right now.

“Oppa?” Yoona asked.

He sighed and finally said it, once again, “I love you Yoona.”

Yoona couldn’t believe what she just heard, this just can’t be real, “You love me? How? What? I mean, why?”

Geun Suk held her hand tightly and looked her in the eyes, “I have always loved you. From the moment I first laid my eyes on you I started loving you. Every second after that I have never stopped loving you.”

Yoona sat there, not believing what she just heard, “But…”

“Yoona listen to me. I wanted to confess, I really did. But when I saw how happy you were with Ji-Yong I just couldn’t take away that happiness from you. But now I see you hurting and I want you to know that when you get hurt, I get hurt too. I just wanted to say this to you. I-I’m sorry for having to say it this way but I…uh.” And with that he got off his chair and fled outside the room, leaving the girl alone and in shock.

Yoona’s heart was thumping so loud that she was positive everyone else could hear it. She wanted to hate him, for telling her that even though he knew she was dating his best friend. She wanted to go to him and pull out her rage, how could he do this? But deep down, she knows that she has finally heard the words she has wanted him to say. She knows that Ji-Yong has never been what she wanted; he was always just a friend to her. But Geun Suk…he was just something else. Something else she never wanted to admit until he said those words to her.

All those years they spent together and with each and every diary page she wrote they always said the words, “Geun Suk, oppa, I love you” at the end of every entry. She only stopped writing them after being asked out by Ji-Yong. But no matter what, she could never hurt Ji-Yong. She knows she cares for him but she also knows that she will never be able to love him the way she loves Geun Suk. But hurting Ji-Yong will also tear her heart into pieces, especially after hearing him say ‘I Love you.’

Yoona got off her seat and slowly walked outside the room. She looked around the lobby, trying to find Geun Suk. She finally spotted him sitting on a couch at the edge of the room with a face full of frustration. She walked to him slowly, still unsure of what she was going to say. As she stood in front of him he looked up and simply smiled slowly to her.

Yoona could feel the tears stinging in her eyes as she bent down and whispered to him. Her tears flowed down even harder as every word came out, “I’m sorry. I can’t oppa…I can’t. I can’t hurt him. I really do like you but please…don’t let me hurt him. I’m so sorry.” She straightened back up, her nose has turned red and endless waterfalls of tears were flowing down her cheeks.

Geun Suk stood up and held the girl in his arms. His tears started flowing down as well, “I’m sorry Yoona. I’m sorry for being a selfish idiot. No you’re right, you shouldn’t hurt him. Thank you, I appreciate It.” he let the girl go as he walked out of the building and drove off.

Yoona collapsed onto the floor and held her chest, it hurt so badly. She has never felt this pain before, the pain of losing the one she loves. She texted Ji-Yong.

Oppa I’m sorry I have to leave. I’ll call you as soon as I can.

As soon as the sent it she walked out the building and into her car. Her tears aren’t stopping, and she fears that she’ll never be able to stop crying. Not after losing him.

 

 

It was soon the 31st of December. Ji-Yong and s threw a huge party and lots of idols were invited, including SNSD. Yoona went with her members; her eyes were still puffy from crying. Every night she cries. No matter how hard she tries to stop, she can’t. She eventually gives up and cries until she falls asleep. Her members are worried about her as she told them nothing. They just worry that it’s something between her and GD. But when they asked her, she said no.

Yoona didn’t feel like celebrating New Year’s. She simply sat down in the corner alone while her members were all chatting with their friends. Ji-Yong spotted her and sat down next to her.

“Hey you, where have you been these past few days?” He tried to kiss her cheek but she avoided it and looked down.

“I…uh…I’ve been quite busy.” She forced a smile.

Ji-Yong raised an eyebrow, “Doing what? Your schedules are over now! Be happy!” He held her tight but she slowly pushed away.

“I need to get a drink.” She turned around and left.

Something was wrong with her, and he was determined to find out what. He just hopes that it isn’t the thing he’s been scared of for the past few months; Geun Suk confessing to her.

Yoona walked slowly to the door while looking down. Suddenly she bumped into someone, “I’m so sorry.” She looked up then a shockwave hit her, it was Geun Suk.

Geun Suk doesn’t know what to do or what to say when he sees her now. All he feels is hurt. So instead of trying to say anything, he simply turned his head and left her standing there, alone. It was a reflex now to Yoona, she will cry whenever anything about him comes to mind. As soon as her first tear dropped she wiped it away and walked outside. Meanwhile at the other side of the room, Ji-Yong sighs. He has figured out what’s wrong with Yoona. 

“I guess…it’s time.” He said to himself and softly smiled as he walked outside to find her. He found Yoona looking out a balcony as she cried.

“Hey you.” He smiled as he patted her back.

Yoona immediately wiped off her tears and smiled as she looked at him, “Hey.”

“The stars are beautiful tonight aren’t they?” Ji-Yong looked at her a smiled back.

“I guess.” Yoona was curious at what he would say next.

Ji-Yong turned around a brushed her hair as he said to her, “Yoona I know you love him.”

Yoona stood there in shock as her eyes widened, “Him who?”

“Who else?” he smiled and held her chin, “Thank you Yoona.”

“For what?” she said.

He sighed happily, “For letting me be with you for these past few months, for sharing your happiness with me. Truth is, I know how much you and Geun Suk love each other. And I don’t want to stand in the way between my two best friends. I love you Yoona, I always have and always will. But what I do know is that I won’t be able to make you happy. Geun Suk will, and don’t take this the wrong way, I won’t hate him nor will I hate you. Go on Yoona, don’t hurt yourself for me cause if you do, then I won’t be able to forgive myself.” He leaned in and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

Yoona stood there in shock but then gave him a hug, she sighed with relief, “I have to be honest with you, I love you. But I’ll be lying if I say that I don’t love him more. So thank you oppa. I don’t want to lose you, remember that okay?”

Ji-Yong hugged her tight and smiled, “You won’t Yoona. Neither of you will ever lose me, we’re best friends remember?” he pulled away and held her chin, “Go find him. Then celebrate New Year’s with me, as best friends.” He walked away from her as a tear of happiness and relief fell from his eye. He did the right thing, he knows that.

Yoona sighed as she walked back into the room and tried to find Geun Suk. But he was nowhere to be found. She walked outside and searched for him but he wasn’t there either. She went down to the lobby and tried to find him. She searched and searched but couldn’t find him. She finally went out to the pool and saw him walking around as he looked up into the night sky. She walked slowly and as reached for his hand from his back as she caught up with him.

Geun Suk felt a small, light and soft hand in his and turned around to find Yoona, “What are you doing here?” He asked.

Yoona smiled shyly and stood on her tiptoes and gave him a peck on his lips, “I love you.”

Geun Suk couldn’t believe what he just heard, “What?” he said, out of shock.

“Listen to me, I love you Jang Geun Suk. Always have and always will. You want to know the real reason why I couldn’t tell Ji-Yong that I loved him? It was because I didn’t want to say it to anyone else but you. You are the one person I can say I love you to. I don’t ever want to lose you.” She breathed out a sigh of relief.

Geun Suk immediately pulled her into his arms and tears of happiness flow down his cheeks, “I love you too Im Yoona. Always have and always will.”

She was so happy, being in his arms felt right. As they pulled away he leaned down to join her lips with his as they kissed passionately.

Yoona pulled away and smiled, “Let’s go.” She pulled his arm as they walked hand-in-hand back to the party room.

They got there just in time for the countdown. As soon as she spotted Ji-Yong she held his hand along with her other hand in Geun Suk’s hand. Here it goes guys.

Geun Suk looked at Ji-Yong and mouthed to him, “I love you man. Thank you.”

Ji-Yong laughed and mouthed back, “I love you more.”

Yoona pretended she didn’t see what just happened and smiled happily as the countdown started.

“10…9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…1!” Cheers erupted from the crowd and Yoona held both of the two boys as close to her as she could.

The three of them hugged with happiness, as they know, they don’t want to lose each other.

 

 

“A Friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you” – Elbert Hubbard 

 

that's it, that was my dream :) amazing huh?