Chapter 1

Cause I won't Ever Lose You

 

15 years ago

 

“Ready or not here I come!” little Ji-Yong yelled out as he opened his eyes and searched for his two best friends.

He spotted the edge of Geun Suk’s yellow jacket behind his mother’s car. He tiptoed slowly and grabbed his hand.

“AAAAAH!” Geun Suk yelled at the surprise grab by his friend. “Fine! You win this time Ji-Yong.” He crossed his arms.

Ji-Yong laughed, “Don’t I always win? Now, let’s go find her.”

The two boys scouted around the front yard of the house but she was nowhere to be found. Then they went to the backyard but it was silent.

“Where could she be hiding?” Geun Suk asked.

“She could be hiding anywhere! Remember last time? It took us almost an hour to find her.” Ji-Yong groaned.

Geun Suk smirked, “She has the advantage to do that since she’s tiny.”

Suddenly the two boys heard a small giggle from the top of Ji-Yong’s tree house. They looked up immediately just to catch a small glimpse of soft black hair flowing back into it’s hiding place. They looked at each other and smiled as they climbed up the stairs and into the tree house.

As they reached the inside of the tree house they looked around to find, nothing. Suddenly a pair of arms swung around their necks.

“BOO!” The little girl whispered.

“AAAAAAAHHH!” The two boys fell to the ground as the girl burst out in laughter, “Serves you right for being so bad at this game.”

“It’s not our fault you’re so small.” Geun Suk mumbled to himself.

The little girl heard what he said and pinched his ear, “YAH! I’m not that small!” She pouted.

Ji-Yong laughed, “Please Yoona, my dog’s bigger than you are.”

“Hmph. Fatter, not bigger.” Yoona stuck her tongue out then looked at her pink wrist watch, “Guys I have to go now, my dad’s gonna kill me if I don’t arrive home in five minutes. See you guys at school tomorrow.” She smiled and climbed down the tree.

The two boys waved and sat down in the tree house as they took out they toy cars they each got from Yoona last Christmas.

Ji-Yong smirked, “You like her don’t you?” He poked his best friend.

“Eh? Who?” Geun Suk looked at him cluelessly.

“Who else?” He said as he rolled his eyes.

“Yoona?” Geun Suk raised his eyebrow.

“WHO ELSE IDIOT? OF COURSE YOONA.” He sighed, “I see the way you look at her.”

Geun Suk rolled his eyes, “Don’t go acting like those guys in the movies. Yoona’s just my friend, our friend.”

Ji-Yong looked at him, “You can’t be serious right? You blush every time she comes close to you. Eyyy, you can admit it to your best buddy here.” He shoved his friend.

Geun Suk simply shook his head, “If I like her then you must like her too right?”

This time the question caught Ji-Yong by surprise, “What do you mean?”

Geun Suk laughed, “When I asked you who the prettiest girl at school was you immediately said her name.”

Ji-Yong blushed slowly, “She’s just pretty, nothing else.”

“Right, just pretty.” Geun Suk laughed.

 

 

As soon as she got home, Yoona opened her secret drawer underneath her bed and pulled out her diary. She started writing with that cute handwriting of her’s.

 

Dear Diary,

Today I played with them again. I know I should be playing with dolls and make-up like other girls do, but I find being adventurous much more fun and interesting. We played catch and hide-and-seek. They had a hard time finding me, as usual. Keke~

Remember what I told you last time? The thing about him? Yeah, he grows sweeter and sweeter each and every day. Both of them do but, he’s got something special. His smile makes him really handsome. Well, I know you can keep a secret sooo… I gotta go now, till tomorrow.

- YoonA

 

Yoona closed her diary and lays down on her bed. She’s different than other girls, she enjoys playing with her two best friends, who are boys, rather than playing with the other girls in her class. She doesn’t find what they do attractive. She’s the fun and outgoing type of girl. But every girl has a crush, and in this case, she has a crush on her best friend.

Little does she know, that the two little boys sitting in the tree house would do anything to get her heart.