Fate

Looking From a Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The plane landed safely in Jeju international airport. He let out a yawn as he stretched on his first class seat. He put back his sunglasses and stood up, carrying the only small bag hand-carry on one of his hands. 

He walked out of the airport with confident strides. His blonde locks were in a mess, blown by the fierce wind but nonetheless, a smile crept up to his lips. "Holiday, at last," he breathed out a sigh. He breathed the fresh air of Jeju. So peaceful and quiet. He liked it. Moreover, there were barely people who recognized him. He could roam around the city freely without any sasaengs or paparazzi. The peacefulness, he loved it. It was like a getaway for him. 

He went to the bus station and just like a commoner, he took the public bus. Taking off his sunglasses, he bowed a little to greet the bus driver. The bus wasn't crowded. Only a few people were there, busy with their own business. He walked down the aisle and that was when a girl figure caught his eyes. Her face was radiating a glow that he had never seen before. She was pretty. Scratch that. She was beyond pretty, like a goddess. She was sitting at the back seat of the bus. She was on the right corner, looking out from the window, admiring the beauty of Jeju island. 

And there he was, standing still, stunned at the beauty before him. Quietly, he took a step towards the goddess. He sat down on the other end of the back seat, the left corner. The girl wasn't even looking at him yet she had that special effect on him. She attracted him, unlike the other girls before. Her face seemed so peaceful, like she was free, she was in freedom. 

He didn't know how long he had been looking at her while her looking out of the window. He felt like he couldn't tear away his gaze off her. It was as if he was under her spell. 

Her getting up snapped him out of his daze. He subconsciously got up and followed the girl like a lost puppy. He got off the bus when the girl got off the bus. She didn't seem to realize the guy behind her who had been following her as she kept walking with the wind blowing through. Her dress was blown by the wind, her hair too. Her brown long hair was blown by the wind, making her even prettier. 

The guy who had been following her had his mouth agape. He was drooling. The cool guy and the playboy self were gone, replaced by a love sick teenage boy. He didn't even know how this girl he had just met could turn his feelings up and down, sending butterflies to his stomach. 

It turned out that the girl went to sunrise peak which was awarded as one of the world heritage. She paid for her tickets and so did he. He kept following her, going up to the crater. While she was busily taking photos of the beautiful scenery, he was busy taking photos of her, along with the scenery. 

They climbed up to reach the crater without realizing the time that had passed by. The sun was about to set and the scenery was even prettier than ever. They weren't even halfway to the crater but then the girl sighed and turned around to go back down. It wasn't possible for her to go up more since it was going dark soon. 

As soon as he saw her turning back, he immediately turned to look at the calm sea, pretending that he hadn't been looking at her for a while. But even though he turned his back to her, he could still look at her from the corner of his eyes. And just like before, he was mesmerized by her beauty. Her beauty seemed to never fail to mesmerize him. She looked so innocent yet everyone could see the elegance in her. And just like that he found himself following her again. 

She took another public bus, smiling to the driver when she got in. That smile. The smile that had the ability to make his heart doing a somersault. They sat on the exact same spot from earlier. Corner to corner, at the back seat. Exhaustion soon took over him as he fell asleep on the bus. Mind you, he hadn't even gone checked in to the hotel since he was too mesmerized by the girl he met. Soon enough, he fell asleep that he didn't know that the girl had left. 

The sudden stopping of the bus startled him. He woke up grudgingly as he rubbed his sleepy eyes. The moment he got a clearer view, his eyes widened upon seeing the goddess had gone. He jolted up from his seat to make a mad dash towards the driver, urging him to stop at that instant. 

The driver finally stopped the bus at the nearest bus stop. He bowed to the driver, mouthing a thank you before getting off. 

For the second time of that day, he sighed. Even though it was late, the wind was still blowing as hard as ever. Lucky for him, the bus stop wasn't too far from the hotel he would b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter