Master Kyu

Zero-sum

An address was all that he gave me. No names or anything linking us or our conversation together. Just a note telling where to meet, and an address. The kiss, had it meant something or was all this a joke? I couldn’t handle a joke like this. I can feel my heartbeat pounding faster as I made my was closer to the door. Kyuhyun lived in this big house! The outside was a traditional Korean home making me wonder just what the inside looked like. He was rich, I knew that much now. I stood outside the door and took a deep breath. This was it, I raised my hand to the door before knocking. There was silence, did I have the wrong house? Suddenly, the door opened to reveal a tall man in a black and white tux.

“May I help you?” he asked making me nod.

“I-Is, Cho Kyuhyun home?” great I stuttered, nice job Min, real smooth!

“Master Kyuhyun is currently in his study, I shall take you to him.” the man bowed. Did I just meet a butler? I followed him through the home surprised by the modern decor of the home contrasting to the traditional look the home had.

“Master Kyuhyun said to expect you.” The butler announced confusing me more.

“Expect me, but you don’t know me,” I replied as we climbed the grand wrap around staircase.

“Master Kyuhyun is extremely smart,” the butler explained. And here I though he was innocent. Was Kyuhyun deceiving everyone? We finally came to a huge oak door, the butler gently knocked on the door. I waited until the butler opened the door and bowed motioning for me to enter the room.

Computer monitors and television screens covered the wall. The floor was ruby red carpeting and the walls were a sapphire blue color. In the center of the room, a large mahogany desk littered with paper and a laptop, a high back black office chair faced away from me and towards the large window. I stood in the center of the room unsure of what to do next.

“You came,” Kyuhyun smiled as he turned the chair to face me. I smiled, still unsure of what I was supposed to do, or even what his plan was. He wasn’t the innocent kid I had pegged earlier at school.

“Tell me Sungmin, what do you think of school more specifically, Kim Heechul.” Kyuhyun asked. That name got my attention; Heechul was the one who sent me into solitude. But, why was Kyuhyun asking me this?

“It seems that you and I have a similar enemy my little bunny, and if you want to be saved from the devil you will listen to the fox.” Kyuhyun continued. I cocked my head to the side still lost. Why was I here?

“Still confused?” Kyuhyun asked rising from his chair and moving to stand before me. I felt myself blushing as my eyes turned to the ground.

“You’re not innocent, your eyes are like deep pits that look into the soul bringing fear to any who look in them. I believe, you were not placed in solitude simply for pink hair, no my bunny Heechul didn’t want you to be included for another reason.” Kyuhyun explained as his fingers held my face forcing me to look into his eyes.

“Yet, when I look at you, I see your soul and your sadness. That brings us to your visit, Lee Sungmin. I hope you don’t mind, but I pulled your file.” Kyuhyun replied before stepping away from me and returning to sit at his desk. He motioned for me to take a seat before chuckling and pressing a button next to his computer.

“Bring up another chair please,” he ordered before releasing the button.

“You didn’t have to do that,” I replied making him look over with a smirk. Gah he was hot and I just discovered I’m gay.

“It’s not a problem, besides we need to discuss business.” Kyuhyun replied as the door opened and a small rolling chair was pushed in.

“Take a seat Min,” Kyuhyun replied as I sat down. My hands clenched in my lap had the kiss meant nothing to him like I feared.

“Your bothered by something,” Kyuhyun stated pulling me from my thought as the butler placed a tray of food on the desk and left.

“That kiss at school, why?” I rushed out feeling my face heat up in embarrassment.

“Why what, did you like it?” Kyuhyun asked making me nod shyly.

“Did you mean it?” I questioned still looking only at my feet. There was silence making me feel even worse.

“A kiss means nothing in Korean society, it’s the relations, and I plan on making a relation with you. But for now it has to remain nonexistent. You forget we can’t be seen together.” Kyuhyun explained. I nodded, so it did mean nothing.

“Sorry, so why bring me here if we can’t be together?” I asked curiously.

“I said we couldn’t be seen together, you came here on your own. I said I was making a relation with you Sungmin. The question is what kind, business or pleasure which will you be? Now as for Kim Heechul, I have a special plan for him.” Kyuhyun explained making me raise my hand and him to raise a brow.

This isn’t school, you don’t have to raise your hand. Now what is it?” he asked making me draw back at his icy glare and words.

“Why do you hate Heechul hyung so much?” I asked. Kyuhyun leaned back in his seat smiling as he eyed his computer.

“He has this school under his control, clearly what he says goes am I right?” Kyuhyun asked making me nod my head. He had always had the school.

“As you can see, I like being in charge and knowing when and where things occur. But Heechul makes that hard for me. He has a thing against you which makes us best friends. Tell me Sungmin, do you know the definition for zero-sum?” he asked, I shook my head.

“In short, it means to have one thing while losing another. For example, you can’t be broke and rich at the same time. It cancels out eachother.” Kyuhyun explained.

“So this plan, zero-sum, what is it supposed to do and how do I tie into things?” I asked still confused.

“I pulled the great Heenim’s file and the file of his friends. You, my dear little bunny are his least favorite child in school. That means anything you do will automatically be told to him. Remember that kiss I gave you at school, someone saw like I planned. Tomorrow I may be shunned I may not. Either way will go as a plan of mine, in which I have many. Never cross me Lee Sungmin, for I believe I’m a lot smarter than the students at that poor excuse of a public school. Heenim ran or not.” Kyuhyun replied. I nodded again, I was used why am I not as surprised as I should be?

“That leaves you with two choices before you leave today. The first, is to join me and my plan and rule the school by my side. A genuine rag to riches story. Or remain the foot stool of Kim Heechul and go through your high school life being ignored and talked about behind closed doors like some dirty secret.” Kyuhyun said making my fist clench. It was an easy choice, Heechul did deserve whatever this zero sum plan was, but why was Kyuhyun giving me such faith?

“Your choice?” he asked me making me jump and look up. The tray of food had only been touched by him. I noticed a glass of red wine on the table untouched.

“We’re underage to drink,” I stated flatly my eyes never leaving the drink.

“And yet I find it hard to believe you’ve never had a sip before.” Kyuhyun smiled. I growled before reaching out and taking the drink swirling the contents and sniffing it before taking a sip. The liquid rushed down my throat making me moan. I loved the taste of wine. It was the perfect date as well.

“A kiss means nothing, it’s the relationships right?” I asked before taking another sip of wine.

“Of course,” Kyuhyun replied. I nodded finishing off the glass before standing.

“It’s a pleasure working for you, I’m sure we can have one pleasurable relation Mr. Cho.” I smiled extending my hand.

“Please, call me master Kyu.” Kyuhyun replied before kissing my lips.