Initial Success

Ego Problems

 

“Gamsahamida!” Jonghyun called out as he and Taemin gave a bow. The duo had just won their seventh music bank and it looked like they were going to break SNSD’s record of Gee from a several months before.
 
Taemin just grinned and performed a few moves as their song came on again. The director indicated that the show was finished and the two boys hopped into the audience to sign some autographs before heading home.
 
“Jonghyun oppa saranghae!” the blond dino just grinned as he signed her fan.
 
“Hyung!” Taemin called out as he saw their three managers frantically signaling them over to the side.
 
“Annyeong everyone!” the maknae called out as he tugged Jonghyun over towards their friends.
 
“Aigoo good job you two! The schedule is to go home and relax before you have a practice session tomorrow.” Onew carefully checked his phone and looked up in worry. “Jonghyun are you okay with that? You don’t look all that great. We can cancel tomorrow night’s radio session if you want to.”
 
The main singer just shook his head with a smile. “I’m fine.”
 
Key tsked as he looked them over. “I need to talk with your stylist. How can she think of giving you orange shoes while you have blond hair?!? At least Taemin looks okay,” he muttered, giving the younger an approving look.
 
“But you need to work out more Minnie,” Minho tapped him on the nose. “The fans have signed a petition for you to rip off your shirt at the next concert. Even though I think all of them fainted after seeing Jonghyun strip.” He snorted a little.
 
“Hey it was Key’s idea!” Jonghyun protested a little.
 
The diva-ish manager just smirked. “Yes and we all enjoyed it.”
 
Onew frowned. “Kibum, stop being such a . Hurry up guys, we need to go before the fans find our van.”

The quintet safely found their van, but heard a couple voices from coming inside. Minho groaned. “Those sasaeng fans are getting on my nerves now.”

“Don’t hit them hyung!” Taemin pleaded.
 
“Oh we aren’t going to hit them Minnie, we’re just going to call the police about trespassing,” Key muttered dangerously. “If they lay a finger on my scarf…”
 
“You’re going to arrest us?” a familiar head popped out of the sunroof and grinned at his stunned audience.
 
“Jongin, what are you doing? You’re going to get hurt and our CEO won’t be happy to hear a trainee fell off of our van,” Onew nagged.
 
“But it’s fun!” another head popped up and clapped when he saw the glass award Jonghyun was holding. “Oh good job sunbaenims!”
 
Shaking his head, Taemin just smiled ruefully. “Of course it’s Kyungsoo. And don’t call us that! It makes me feel old, can’t you just call us hyung?”
 
Kyungsoo just raised an eyebrow. “Technically, you would have to call me hyung then, because I’m like 5 months older than you.”
 
Taemin stuck out his tongue. “Fine. Jongin, call me hyung.”
 
Minho herded everyone into the van when he heard a couple of distinct fangirl screams. “You can all call each other hyung once we get in the van. Let’s just get out of here for now.”
 
“Oh can you drive us to the practice room though?” Jonghyun asked as he tweeted a selca of himself and thanked the fans.
 
Key snorted. “Why, you guys were perfect up there.”
 
“No, we were a millisecond off on this one move and I want to get it right before our next performance.”
 
“I agree with Jonghyun hyung!”
 
Onew sighed. “Okay then.” *Freaking perfectionists*

Jonghyun unlocked the door to their cloud practice room. He pressed a button on the CD player and grinned when he saw who had been practicing before them. Looking over at the six guys behind him, he pressed play. “Anyone?”
 
Unsurprisingly, Key was the first one to take off his coat and step into the center, posing dramatically. The others just stared and Jonghyun grabbed his two trainee friends.
 
Aha! Listen Boy
My First Love Story
 
Onew and Minho laughed and got into their positions while Taemin took center stage. 
 
My Angel & My Girls
My Sunshine 
Uh! Uh! Let's Go! 
 
Kyungsoo attempted to act cute and sang the first lines.
 
You're so so handsome
My eyes my eyes are blinded
I can't breathe because I'm trembling
 
If anyone had been watching, they would either a) fangirl over the handsome oppas that were dancing. b) be scarred for life and have to go to rehab.
 
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
 
Onew missed a step, causing Key to go flying into Jonghyun. However, the diva took it all in stride. He grinned at his friend and sang with an overly lovesick expression.
 
Oh I feel so embarrassed
I can't look at you
I feel shy because I've fallen in love
 
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
 
Taemin pulled Kai out to be his partner in the mini duet.
 
What should I do? (What should I do~) 
About my trembling heart (My trembling heart)
 
(Thump thump thump thump) My heart kept thumping
So I couldn't fall asleep at night
 
The boys grinned and matched the dance steps perfectly, as they had watched the girls rehearse countless times. They all got along very well and were a talented bunch. Being in the entertainment was their dreams, but would it be their downfall as well?
 
Keke this was really rushed so miane! Oh and btw I'm obsessed with Shinee and everything so I don't hate our lovely dino and maknae! (gasp there are more fics about exo than shinee and they haven't even had a comeback yet!) It's just that I couldn't think of any groups that would fit the whole idol and trainee thing... Anyways this may or may not fit the prompt but I tried (gold star) :) next update soon if anyone else is reading it out in aff-land :) 
- chocolate-notes :)