Doppelganger

Going Backwards

Dongmin stared at the beautiful woman standing 4 cm in front of the door. He blinked at her as his jaw was hanging. She fixed her fringe and curved her lips into a smile, crinkling her eyes at the same time.

During that period, he could only think of one thing. He didn't know who was this woman and why she looks exactly the same as his mom.

Her lips parted and she spoke. "Are you Byun Baekhyun's son?"

"Who are you?" He emotionlessly replied, receiving a soft giggle from the elder woman, which made him confused.

She took five small steps nearer and bent to his height, pinching his cheeks at the same time. Dongmin slapped her hand though he knew it was impolite to act like that in front of a visitor. He rubbed his cheeks and glared at the woman.

"I am Baekhyun's high school friend."

Dongmin blinked once again, tilting his head to the left. The woman looked younger than what she said; more like a woman in her early 20s. Her voice was high pitched for her age as well. Her hair was in the shade of brown, curled as they stayed on her shoulders. Her lips were glimmering from the glitters of her pink lipstick.

She wore a floral, sleeveless, dress which covered her knees. Dongmin admits, her clothes were too old-fashioned for the current timeline, but she made it look fresh.

But her face still bothered him. To him, this woman was like the more feminine version of his mom. He was snapped out of his thoughts after the woman complimented him.

"What a good-looking kid Baekhyun had." she grinned.

Dongmin blushed as he rubbed the back of his neck, grinning widely at the woman in his front.

"I-I-I'm not," he stuttered. "If you're here for dad, you can sit on the couch. He went out to buy groceries and my mom is at work."

She nodded as she took steps closer to the navy blue sofa which was behind him. The couch was faced on the Television which was on Dongmin's left side.

She looked around the living room. It was indeed very neat. She could not spot a single dirt all over the place which made her amazed.

"Little boy!" she called. Dongmin automatically ran to her direction.

"Yes, ma'am." he replied. The woman opened her peach purse and looked for something. Her face lightened and smiled at Dongmin. She grabbed his hand and placed a candy on his palm.

Dongmin blinked as he looked at the candy. "Ma'am, you don't need to-"

"Take it." She cut him off. Dongmin kept shut and placed the candy on his pocket. He lifted his face up to look at her again and spoke.

"I'll go get some juice. You can watch TV if you want."

And with that, he ran off to the kitchen. The kitchen of the Byun's house was a few meters on the left side of the couch. As Dongmin entered the said area, he quickly went in front of the fridge which was on the right side of the door.

He grabbed the pitcher of Orange juice and placed it on the dining table, getting a glass cup on the counter which he later filled with the contents of the pitcher, but he suddenly spilled the juice on his turquoise jacket.

He cursed under his breath, placing the pitcher back in the fridge. With the glass of juice in his hand, he walked to the living room. After four steps from the kitchen door, he halted.

He blinked his eyes at the scene in front of him. It appears that his mom had just gotten home from work. She frowned at the woman sitting on the couch as the woman smiled back.

"Why are you here?" Dongmin's mom asked, the frown still not fading.

Before even the woman could speak, the door opened which revealed Dongmin's dad with two plastics of groceries in his hands. He was smiling when he entered the house but his expression went blank after seeing the woman.

"Y-you..." He pointed at her.

Dongmin faked a cough and everyone shifted their attention to him. He doesn't know what's up with the tension, but he hates the awkward atmosphere building up inside the living room.

"I-I'll put this here," he placed the glass on the coffee table and ran to his room, quickly closing the door with a loud bam.

The first thing he did was remove his jacket and place it on his basket of dirty clothes. He laid on his bed for a few seconds as he stared at the white ceiling blankly.

He shot up once again and went to the door, pressing his ears on the said piece of wood.

"Why are you here?" His mom was furious, according to her tone.

"He hasn't told you yet?" The woman asked. Dongmin could sense the mocking in her voice.

"Wha-what?"

But before Dongmin hears the statement of the woman, his phone rang. He cursed under his breath and stared at the screen, reading the name of the caller.

'Chohee'

He pressed the green button and placed the phone in his ear.

"Byun Dongmin!" the person on the other line shouted, obviously excited.

"Yup, Park Chohee. What did I told you about not calling me with my full name?" He replied, sitting on top of his bed, staring at the door as if he wanted to hang up and eavesdrop again. But if he does that, he will have to face the wrath of the girl on the other line.

"Ey. Don't go telling the awesome Park Chohee what to do."

And as the conversation went on, Dongmin had forgotten about the tension occurring behind his door, and it was a huge mistake for him to leave them like that.

~*~

On the current timeline, which is the timeline we are in, Baekhyun stared at his best friend who was folding his arms at him.

"But it's Sunday! I can finally have a rest, and then you're telling me to clean our room?" Baekhyun whined. His friend looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Please, Baekhyun! I have a meeting with my parents, and besides, I'm always the one cleaning."

"Ugh. Rich people." Baekhyun laid on his bed and massaged his temples. "Okay. I'll do it. Just don't make a list of 'what-to-do's like what you did before. Reading that thing made me tired."

"Woah. I'm definitely surprised that you wasted your time just to read that." His friend snickered, putting on a jacket.

"I may look lazy, but I'm a great man, Do Kyungsoo." Baekhyun chuckled, as Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"You've been staying around that Yui girl for too long, you even caught her habit of calling people with their full names." Kyungsoo raised a finger and waved it left to right as he added, "And that's not a good sign."

"Yeah Yeah Yeah, whatever! Say hi for me to your sister." Baekhyun pushed his friend to the door.

Kyungsoo stopped and faced his friend, placing a finger on his chin as if he was thinking about something. "Say..." he started, "You two are not dating behind our backs, are you?"

"What?" Baekhyun shouted the question too loudly and then he laughed. "Oh come on. Of course we're not. She's a close friend to me, and I'm sure, to you too."

"You sure about that? No secret relationships? Yui and you?" Kyungsoo assured.

"Yup. Now go. Bye." Baekhyun closed the door with a loud bam.

He laid his body on the (below) bunk bed and shot up after 2 minutes, ruffling his hair and picking up the magazines that were all over the floor.

After an hour of cleaning, he had decided to have a short walk as he wore his black jacket and opened the door, closing it after stepping out.

Before he walked through the gates of Seoul (All Boys) High School, he had asked the guard for a gate pass and when he walked out of the campus, he had already planned where to go.

He stepped outside the music store with a satisfied grin, walking around the city. After a few minutes, he suddenly heard cries and laughter.

He turned his head at the park where he spotted a little boy crying with boys around his age laughing at him and calling him with insults. He ran to the scene but before he could, a girl came.

"Hey! What are you doing?" the girl shouted at the bullies, kneeling to the crying boy's height.

"Oh look, the mommy and the baby!" The kids laughed, making the girl fire in anger.

"Stop it!" Baekhyun suddenly said, making their attentions shift to him. He stood in front of the bullies and spoke, "You are the babies here, because a man will never do this."

"Oh come on, who are you any ways?" One of the kids spoke, staring at him from head to toe. "You look weak."

"Looks has nothing to do with my strength." He frowned at the kids, giving them a death glare. "And if you mess up with me, prepare to die."

The kids ran away at the same time. Baekhyun turned around an kneeled in front of the kid.

"Th-thank you." The kid shyly said. Baekhyun gave the him an innocent smile.

"Next time, show them that they're wrong for calling you a baby. If you cry, I'll kill you."

"Y-yes sir!" The child beamed, standing up and running around the park followed by Baekhyun's eyes.

"Thanks." The girl said, making Baekhyun look at her. His eyes widened after seeing the girl's face.

She threw him a candy which he successfully caught. She stood up and fixed her fringe and she spoke,  "That's a thank you gift. Anyways, I have to go. I hope to see you next time." And with that, she also ran away.

Baekhyun stood up and grabbed his phone from his pocket, dialing someone. He placed the phone on his ear as the person on the other line spoke.

"Byun Baekhyun!" It was loud enough for other people to hear.

"Yui. What did I told you about not calling me with my full name? I even caught that weird habit of yours." He placed a hand on his pocket, watching the girl's back as she ran away.

"I think I just saw your Doppelganger."


Lot's of mysteries even just on this chapter. And if you have any confusion, please just comment and I'll reply immediately.
If my writing , then leave. This kind of writing is just normal for a 12 year old writer any ways (I'm 12).
The Baekhyun part was supposed to be on the next chapter and this chapter is supposed to end with Dongmin talking with Chohee, but I thought that it would fit in the chapter. Hope you liked it! I spent three days (or more) just for this chappy.