Night Out

Bellissimo

 

It was twenty minutes after midnight and the club is teeming with people, but Taemin’s attention is focused on only one person.

He saw him on the small stage at the side of the dance floor.  He was surrounded by both men and women, all eager to get into his radar.  Taemin watched him dance for his audience, enticing them even more.  He realized he also wants to be in that little crowd, but his innate shyness kept him rooted in his place.  That is, until the guy caught him watching.  He stopped breathing when the guy held his gaze, smirking seductively, daringly.

The guy signaled Come here with his forefinger.  Taemin’s mind was too foggy to believe that the message was indeed for him and remained standing there, gawking stupidly.  The stranger jumped from the stage and purposely walked towards him.  Taemin froze when the guy came so close that he could feel his body heat.  Or was it his own temperature rising at the proximity of this sultry stranger?

“Hello,” the stranger said to him, his face so close that his breath fanned his face gently.  His breath smelled of mint, tobacco and alcohol.  Taemin was mesmerized by his pink bow-shaped lips.

“Dance with me,” the stranger said, his warm hand slipping seductively down Taemin’s arm and settling comfortably in Taemin’s own palm. 

Taemin let himself be led up to the mini stage where he was enticed to dance his heart out to the music.  Many songs later, Taemin felt himself getting tired and finally admitted to himself that he can’t keep up with this stranger’s stamina.  The guy noticed and pulled him away from the stage, down to the center of the dance floor where they were thankfully lost among the swarm of people.  The guy audaciously draped Taemin’s arms around his neck as his hands settled on Taemin’s hips.

Taemin heard his heartbeat drumming in his ear when the stranger pulled him closer and whispered hotly in his ears, “My name is Key.”

Goosebumps rose all over his skin but Taemin managed to say his name.  He felt Key sigh and touched their foreheads together.  They are now swaying in a slow dance despite the techno music that people around them are grooving to.  Taemin is again staring at Key’s luscious bow lips.  He didn’t have to wait long when those lips were pressed chastely against his own.  They parted and stared at each other briefly – Key with his straightforward gaze and Taemin a little unsure but determined.  At that moment, there is only one thing that Taemin wants and Key knows exactly what it is.

Key leaned closer for another kiss.  This time, Taemin parted his lips, sending Key an unmistakable invitation.  Key got the message and slipped his tongue in his mouth.  Taemin on it hungrily and a moan escaped unbidden when Key grabbed the sides of his face to deepen the kiss.  Taemin completely forgot where they are, his mind intoxicated by the delicious sensations that their kiss is stirring in him.

He yelped when something suddenly vibrated on his leg.  It was as if a spell was broken and Key was immediately awake, hastily fumbling inside his pocket.  He took out his cellphone and stared at the screen.  He smiled apologetically at Taemin and gestured that he has to take the call.  Taemin couldn’t hide his disappointment but nodded understandingly.  He leaned forward to whisper in Key’s ear, “I have to go to the wash room.”

Key smiled at him gratefully and waited for him to walk off before saying, “Hey,” into his phone, eyes panning the faces at the balcony above the dance floor.  His eyes found what he sought and they stared at each other across the distance.  Key turned off his phone and went looking for the stairs.

 

When Taemin came out of the wash room, he looked for Key, which is not an easy feat given how crowded the place is.  He decided to go up the balcony so he could have a better view of the dance floor below, where he thought Key is likely to be.

He squeezed his way through the sea of people and found the stairs.  Once upstairs, he realized that there were less people there.  Most of them took up the tables by the wall.  Considerable privacy was provided for each table by enclosing walls of thin intricately carved woods.  The main entrance is curtained by stringed colorful crystals that emit tinkling sounds when disturbed or touched.  Taemin gasped when he glimpsed people tangled inside the booths, their hands and mouths hotly exploring each other.  His own face flushed and he was suddenly uncomfortable, feeling like he should not be there.  However, their shameless sensuality was turning him on.  He could feel his painfully straining against his jeans, making him dizzy and he’s suddenly reminded of who he was looking for.  A mental image of him seated inside one of those booths with Key in between his thighs flashed in his mind and a wretched groan escaped from him unintentionally.

He tore his eyes away and forced himself to move on.  As if conjured out of his mind, there is Key, standing by the balcony, talking to a tall guy whose back seems familiar to Taemin.  As he rushed toward him, two things slowly dawned on him.  One: Key is actually speaking with his cousin Minho, who he had somehow forgotten ever since he’s become obsessed with getting inside Key’s pants.   And two: Something about their body language made him slow down.  – Key was half-leaning against Minho and looking up at him with an intensity that made Taemin irrationally jealous.  His right hand is gently running down Minho’s chest as they talked, their faces so close to each other.  They stood there as if no one else is in the room.

Key noticed him staring and Taemin saw him went rigid.  His reaction caused Minho to look his way.  Taemin saw his facial muscles move as he clenched is jaw, his expression unreadable.  He glanced coldly at Key before approaching Taemin.

“Let’s go home,” he said once he reached Taemin.

“What?  But, hyung, it’s still early.  I don—“

“Either you come with me now or you are going to walk home alone in the middle of the night,” Minho spat.

This is the first time that Minho had been harsh to him and Taemin was rendered speechless.  He looked desperately at Key, hoping he’d rescue him.  When Minho saw this, his face darkened and he glared at Key before stalking off.

Key finally approached him, but before Taemin could feel relief, he said, “Go.  Go on home.”

Taemin was furious.  He stared at Key incredulously.  He’s not even gonna make me stay?!

Key just stared at him placidly.  Taemin finally relented and stomped off.

Minho was waiting for him in the car, the engine already running.  Taemin got in and slammed the door shut, not bothering to hide his irritation.  Minho was equally pissed and he refused to even look at him.

“What the hell was that about?” Taemin said as Minho was backing the car out of the parking lot.  He stared at his cousin who seems determined to ignore him.

           Hyung!

“Stay away from Kibum!” Minho shouted suddenly, looking at him angrily.

“Wha-?  Who?” he stuttered.

“Key!  Kibum!  Same person,” Minho continued to shout.

“Why?”

“Just…”  Minho pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to control his temper.  “Just listen to me, OK?” he said in his normal voice and sighed heavily. 

 

Taemin could see that he is still seething and decided he doesn’t want to argue anymore.  He ran his fingers through his hair irritably and sulked for the remainder of the drive home.

When they finally reached his driveway, Taemin refused to get off the car.

“Why?” he asked again, looking straight into the darkness.

Minho, who had considerably calmed down, said hesitantly, “He’s trouble.”

Taemin turned to look at him, wanting him to explain further but Minho had restarted the engine, silently indicating that he doesn’t want to talk anymore.  Taemin had no choice but to get out of the car.  He watched morosely as the car drove off, wishing he could somehow make his cousin know just how pissed off he is with him right now.  He frowned when the car went left instead of right, where Minho’s house is two blocks away from theirs.  The car continued on, heading back to the city.