Chapter 2

Was It Fate?

“Omo! Where is it?!” You frantically looked around. You were sure you put it on this morning. You literally tore your tiny apartment apart trying to find your mother’s bracelet.

You grabbed your backpack and looked through it for the millionith time, until you flipped it upside down and started shaking it, thinking, hoping, it would fall out. When nothing you expected came out, you threw your backpack, and let out a frustrated growl. You sank to the floor, and buried your face into the palm of your hands, starting to sob.

“Why?! I knew I shouldn’t have worn it.” You scolded yourself, but wearing mother’s bracelet always made you feel at ease. Even though she’s not here anymore, it still made you feel like she’s there with you. It’s the only way you can get through your day. That bracelet meant more to you than anything else in the world, and now you lost it. You can feel the guilt and self-anger rising, and you try to suppress it, but tears still came out.

“Mom wouldn’t want you upset.” “Especially over a silly bracelet, should be lucky it wasn’t you who got lost.” You tried comforting yourself with these thoughts.

 You wiped your tears away, and saw a piece of paper on the floor with unfamiliar handwriting on it.

“What is this?” you picked up the piece of paper, and you stared at it for a while, then what once was tears, had you rolling on the floor laughing. It was the corniest, no, cheesiest thing that you have ever saw in your life. The piece of paper had a phone number on it, but what it said had you cracking up.

 

Hey, I just met you and this might sound crazy, but don’t think I’m weird.

I like you. So call me maybe?

 

“I wonder who put this here?” you thought still laughing. “Could it be… bus guy?” you thought about it for a moment. It was possible, because you didn’t make any more stops nor had any encounters with anybody except with bus guy. You smiled to yourself, kind of flattered.
 

“I knew he was acting sort of weird.” You laughed to yourself, and could recall the cute boyish face of the guy on the bus.

“I don’t have time for this though.” You strictly told yourself. “You can’t afford to play around.”

“But what if…” you came to the realization that maybe he knew where your bracelet could be.” “What if he has it? What if he snatched it when you were least paying attention and now he wants something more? Or maybe he saw it, and could be kind enough to tell you what bus number it was to help you at least track it down.” Different thoughts started to run through your mind, and different possibilities. The only way for you to know for sure was to call. No, texting him would be less awkward.

You grabbed your phone, and opened up a new text message format. You typed out your message looking at it for a several seconds; you closed your eyes and hit the send button.

 

….

“You what?!” smirked the members of EXO.

“God, Luhan if you wanted a booty call you could have just came to me.” Sehun said with sly innuendo and a wink.

Luhan rolled his eyes at Sehun. He was use to the member always teasing him about getting a girlfriend or better yet, if he doesn’t float that way, a boyfriend. They even made a ridiculous pact that they won’t shave their armpit hair till Luhan lost his ity. To him though, it was a sort of brotherly relationship that he always wanted, and he couldn’t ask for more.

“I’m not saying that I need to get laid or anything. I just…” Luhan paused.

“I found her interesting.” Luhan continued trying to think of a clever way of explaining this situation.

“What makes you think she’s going to call you? She probably thinks you’re some sort of ert or something.” Kris said stuffing rice into his mouth. “I bet you money that she’s not going to call you or even text you.”

“You wanna bet on that?” Luhan said with raised eyebrows and a crooked smirk.

“Hell yeah. I know for a fact, she’s not even going to think of you.” Kris said with a serious glare.

“I give her three days.” Said Kris staring straight at Luhan “And if she does then you owe me fifty bucks and vice versa.”

Luhan nodded and shook hands with Kris. Forming a sort of agreement that if you don’t follow through, the worst that can happen is your underwear and food is going to go missing.

Ding. Luhan looked down at his phone and widened his eyes.

“Please don’t tell me I lost this bet already.” Kris widened his eyes also as the text message on Luhan’s phone lit up with an unfamiliar number. Luhan stared his phone and back up at Kris.

“What are you waiting for? Go get yourself a girl.” Kris said pulling out his wallet and throwing the fifty bucks at Luhan while shaking his head in failure.

Luhan didn’t want to believe. He looked at the message. “Did she really text me? And the day is not even over?” Luhan stared at the message more, and tried to come up with a plausible explanation.

 

Hey bus guy. This is the girl from the bus.

Uhm~ I found your number and I would like to speak to you. Call me at this number.

Luhan contemplated the message even more till he gave himself a headache. He crinkled his nose, and typed in a reply. Soon after, another ding came buzzing up on his phone and Luhan looked up at his hyungs.

“Hey guys, I think I’ll leave first.” Luhan said getting up from the table. He seemed anxious, and he almost spilled over the water.  He got a few muffled ‘alrights’ and ‘see ya laters’ from his hyungs that were busy stuffing their mouths.  Kris looked up at him and gave him a smirk that almost all his fan girls would just die over. Luhan bowed and said goodbye and almost sprinted out of the restaurant.

“She wants to talk.” Luhan kept thinking to himself. “Is she interested? Or what if I’m just gonna get played?’ Luhan was making his way down to his favorite spot which was the swing set at his favorite park that wasn’t too far. Luhan waited till there were not many people around him anymore, and pulled out his phone and dialed the number for the bus girl.

“Hello?” a soft breathy voice answered.

“Uhm… Yes, Hi… This is… Uhm..” Luhan stuttered.

“I should’ve planned what I was going to say before I called” Luhan face palmed himself.

“Yeah, this is bus guy.” The girl breathed. “Look, I’m not calling you looking for fun, or because I’m interested. I’m calling strictly for business.” The girl continued. “I lost a bracelet on the same bus, and I’d like to know if you happened to see it or even remember what bus it was, so I can find it.”

After hearing all that Luhan was stunned. She wasn’t even merely interested? Luhan can recall many girls that would die just to have his phone number, and yet this girl thinks she’s better than that? Luhan pulled out the bracelet from his pocket, and held it in the palm of his hand. He smirked and couldn’t believe what he had in stored.

“Hello?” bus girl said on the other line.

“Yeah, I’m still here. I found a bracelet on the bus floor after you have left.” Luhan said with a mischievous smile plastered on his face. “Seems kind of reckless to wear something like this for a bus ride, don’t you think?”

Luhan could hear the girl give a sigh of relief and murmured a ‘Thank God’ and give a slight cough until saying “Oh, so you have it? It would be so nice if you returned it to me.” said bus girl completley ignoring his question.   

“Alright. But, I’m not that nice you know.” Luhan said. “If you want your bracelet back, you’re going to have to give me something back in return.”

It was silent on the other line for a while, and Luhan had thought she hung up, till he heard her. “What is it that you want?” the girl finally asked.

“Go on a date with me.” Luhan replied slyly.

“What?! No. Absolutely not, what makes you think I’m going to go out with a complete stranger?!” bus girl said frustrated.

“Then you’re not going to get your bracelet back. And it’s just one date, if you don’t like it then we never have to see each other again, and you get your precious bracelet back.” Luhan said.

Again, the other line was silent for a while and Luhan anxiously waited for bus girl to say something. He could hear her give out a puff and finally said “Friday, Five o’ clock. I’ll text you where to go.”

Luhan made a fist for victory and smiled bigger than children on Christmas morning.

“Alright, baby doll. It’s a date.” Luhan cooed.

“Don’t call me that.” Said the girl then hung up.

Luhan smiled and placed his phone back in his pocket, and looked at the bracelet that was still in the palm of his hand. “I wonder what’s so special about this bracelet” thought Luhan. He shrugged and put it back in his pocket. “Maybe I should get it fixed before I do return it to her.” Luhan considerably thought.

He placed his hands in the hood of his jacket, and made his way to the park, to mentally get ready for his big date.  He had a plan. He wasn’t going to let this girl get away. If she wants a chase, then Luhan was ready for it.