The things that love does to you

Beauty and the Beast

 

                The boy deeply sighed, placing his chin on his hands as well. He had a dreamy glint in his eyes, unnoticeable if you were distracted by his cute nose and pouting lips. He felt his heart pound in his ears as his cheeks turn a bright pink. Yes, it was love.

                “What’s on your mind, Ji?” Daesung asked, leaning a bit forward, studying the boy’s expression.

                “I don’t know…” he murmured, letting a sigh escape his lips.

                Daesung chuckled lightly. “I know; it’s hard to sort out those feelings, eh?”

                The boy nodded absentmindedly. “Mmhmm.”

                “Have you been in love before?”

                Jiyong shook his head. “No… this is my first time.”

                Daesung let out an amused hum, causing the boy to blush an even deeper red than before. “Appa, you’re not supposed to laugh!” Jiyong whined, burying his face into a nearby pillow.

                “I’m not laughing!” Daesung protested, trying to hide his ever-growing smile. “Aw, come here, Ji. I was just kidding. I know how much this means to you.”

                “Mrrf.”

                “Okay, I promise not to make fun of you anymore. Promise.” Even though this is pretty much the only fun that I have around here.

                “Are you sure?”

                It’ll be hard as hell, but anything for my son. “Yes, I’m sure.”

                The boy sat up again, a relieved look on his face. He clutched the pillow in his arms, burying his chin in it. “I don’t know, Daesung… my heart just beats so fast whenever I lay my eyes on him. I can’t even formulate coherent words sometimes. Is this normal?”

                Daesung only smiled warmly at Jiyong, his heart wrenching at how adorable the boy is. “It’s human, Jiyong. Being in love is human.”

                Jiyong sat there, clutching his chest, feeling such happiness build up within him. “So… I’m allowed to love him?”

                “Of course you are!!!” Daesung cried, holding the boy’s shoulders. “Aish, you pabo!”

                The boy laughed but winced, fearing that he’d get gobbled up by the wrath of Papa Dae. “I just felt so strange and all…” Jiyong mumbled, weakly trying to defend himself.

                “So what are you gonna do now?” Daesung asked, crossing his arms. He was too excited. So excited that he was literally jumping up and down in his seat due to the pure excitement. But I shouldn’t get so carried away… I should only help the boy so much. The rest is up to him.

                “Well… I’m not so sure yet. I still have to sort out my brain and stuff… this is too much to take in one day.”

                “Arasso, I understand.”

                “Should I make him dinner or something?” Jiyong asked, pouting as he sat there, deep in thought. “But what would be the occasion…?”

                “Oh my gosh, it was just recently Seunghyun’s birthday…” Daesung murmured, facepalming. “I had been so wrapped up in all of this to the point where I forgot his birthday. He probably forgot as well.”

                “When’s his birthday?”

                “November 4th…”

                “Well, I guess we missed it by a couple of days… but it’s alright!” Jiyong said happily, clutching his pillow again. “Should we go out and eat?”

                “That sounds very enticing, actually.”



 

               

                Meanwhile, Se7en had been roaming the neighborhood, sniffing out a new scent. He had noticed this scent just recently and possessed the immense curiosity to find out what it was.

                He knew that it wasn’t an ordinary scent.

                It was a scent of someone that freshly came from his world. Se7en’s scent had long worn off, which made it much more difficult for Tablo to track him down.

                No one will notice if I wander around for a little bit, right? Taeyang’s out teaching and preparing schoolwork. And I’ve wandered off many times already and came back in one piece. Taeyang won’t mind.

                He trotted in the bushes, feeling the smell become stronger and stronger. He inched through the small branches and found himself in someone else’s backyard.

                Hmm… interesting. He thought, continuing to sniff out the source.

                He heard small whimpering near a birdbath and narrowed his eyes, slowly inching by.

                H-Hello? He called out, hoping to get some sort of telepathy back.

                W-Who is it? A reply came back, causing Se7en’s ears to perk up.

                Y-You’re not from this world! Se7en cried, finding a small puppy sitting underneath the birdbath. It was a Samoyed, just like him. H-How did you get here? When did you come? What is your name?

                He only heard a mere sniffle from the puppy, its eyes sad. I-I’m Minzy… and I-I just want to go home.

                Minzy.

                … Minzy is Se7en’s little sister.

                MINZY!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!? He cried, holding the poor, small puppy. How on earth did you get here!? 7 year olds aren’t supposed to hang out in the human world!

                I-I just accidentally followed Dara and Bom here… Minzy said softly, burying her nose into his soft fur.

                BOM AND DARA ARE HERE!? He exclaimed, jumping up and accidentally hitting his head on the fountain. Oh my gosh, if Omma knew… she’d kill both of us!

                I’m sorry… Minzy cried, beginning to whimper softly out of guilt.

                Argh, c’mon… Let’s go somewhere else… This is not the perfect place for you to be right now… and you got a lot of explaining to do, Minzy.

                And he had an uneasy feeling about this… Bom and Dara aren’t exactly the brightest witches around… Yeah, CL is a klutz sometimes but she still has some common sense and experience in the human world.

                As for them…

                Oooh, no good is going to come out of this.



 

                “Gosh!” Seunghyun laughed, excitedly rubbing his hands together, anticipating the food to arrive. “I can’t believe I forgot my own birthday! Thank you for reminding me, guys!”

                “We kinda forgot too…” Daesung muttered under his breath, browsing through the menu.

                A snicker from Jiyong.

                “What, something funny, Ji?” Seunghyun asked amusedly, cocking his eyebrow at the adorable boy.

                “Nothing… nothing at all.” The boy sang, hiding his face with the menu.

                “I wish there was a menu in Braille…” Taeyang muttered, pouting.

                “Here, I’ll read it for you.” CL offered, smiling sadly.

                “To be honest, I haven’t eaten out in the longest time. So I’m not really savvy with 5 star restaurants.” Taeyang admitted.

                “Well, you’re gonna have to get used to it!” Seunghyun smiled happily. “Order to your heart’s content with CL!”

                “I’m beginning to like this. A lot.”             

                Then, by either fate of coincidence, Tablo and Seungri walked in. They had been intending on eating out once more, probably because Tablo had found such a newfound love for human’s food. Of course, both parties had no knowing that they were less than 100 feet away from each other, so they resumed their activities with not a worry in their mind.

                “Gosh, I’m so in love with your human food, Seungri. Much better than from my world.” Tablo said to himself, excitedly flipping through the menu.

                “Yeah, probably because we’ve been eating at 5 star restaurants all the time.” Seungri hummed to himself, looking around the restaurant for purely sport.

                His eyes widened as he saw Seunghyun, Daesung, a girl, and Jiyong sitting at a dinner table, chatting away happily as they waited for their food. Tablo noticed the surprised expression and looked in Seungri’s direction, trying to see what he was looking at.

                His eyes also widened as he saw Daesung and CL, along with two other people that he didn’t know. I was right. They ARE in the area. He thought to himself, lowly whispering a spell that allowed him to track down the two with much more ease. “You know them?” he asked, clearing his throat after he finished his magic.

                “Y-Yeah… I do…” Seungri said slowly, his eyes focused on Jiyong. “Daesung, Seunghyun, and Jiyong. I don’t know the girl, though.”

                “So let me guess. The dark haired man is Seunghyun and the blonde boy is Jiyong. Or is it the other way around?”

                “Oh, you’re right.” Seungri nodded, continuing to observe them.

                “The girl’s name is Chae Lin.” Tablo said, sipping on his green tea.

                “Wait, you know her?”

                Tablo nodded. “Mm. She’s a witch. Came from my world.”

                Seungri gasped, his mouth agape in disbelief. “Are you serious?? Why is it that I’ve been running into people from your world so often!?”

                “You’re just that unlucky.” Tablo chuckled, crossing his arms.

                Seungri sighed and continued to subtly stare at them. “It seems like she’s really close to Daesung…” he pointed out.

                “Daesung? He’s also from my world. I think they have a thing for each other or something.” Tablo said, inhaling the aromatic food that the waiter had just brought.

                “I think I’m gonna faint.” Seungri said, holding his head. “I’ve ran into what, 5 people from your world now? Lemme guess. Seunghyun and Jiyong are from your world as well.”

                Tablo laughed. “Nope, they aren’t. But they do seem close, Seunghyun and Daesung, if I’m correct.” He said from his observations.

                “That’s right. Seunghyun and Daesung are inseparable. I rarely see them apart.” Seungri mused, sipping on some wine.

                “Daesung is Seunghyun’s guardian then.” Tablo hummed with amusement, taking a few bites of his food.

                “Guardian?”

                “Oopsies, those weren’t meant for your ears.” Tablo smirked, cocking one eyebrow. “You didn’t hear it from me.”

                “…Alright, but what’s so important about guardians?”

                Tablo lowered his voice and leaned forward, motioning for Seungri to do the same. “Most witches and wizards are down here in your world for a reason- doing time. Take Daesung and I for example. We got into some illegal and have to do community service here. Daesung’s assignment is Seunghyun. He has to take care of Seunghyun, but must never reveal to Seunghyun that he is a wizard and that he’s watching over him.”

                Tablo smirked again as he can literally see gears clicking and turning in Seungri’s head. “Have any ideas for your wish already?” he laughed, watching Seungri cross his arms and smile slyly.

                “I have a couple of ideas.”

                “Penny for your thoughts?”

                “I’m thinking about screwing around with Seunghyun and Jiyong first, then saving the best for last- revealing everything and ruining all their miserable lives.”

                “Your heart is black as coal, Seungri.” Tablo’s eyes rose, his lips tugging up in an amused expression.

                “Oh, the things that love does to you.” Seungri said, sitting up straight and confidently. “Tablo… I want you to make Jiyong forget Seunghyun and fall in love with me.”

                “Finally cutting to the chase, I see.” Tablo nodded to himself, cracking his knuckles. “I’ll see what I can do.”

                And with that said, he stood up and wandered around, walking through the bar as his clothes transformed into waiter’s clothes.

                “Hmm… one love potion, extra strength.” He said to himself, pulling a vial out of his pocket. This will be interesting.