Carnal

Renegade

(Very unedited because I cannot English hahaha. Sorry for the long delay, I hope you guys will still like this nevertheless!)


 

“Kris has something I need.” Joonmyun stated rather simply as he put his briefcase on the bureau beside where Luhan had just sat. “He took something from me and it’s crucial that I get it back.”

 

Luhan looked at the contents of the briefcase curiously and found that it only contained a small manila folder. An awfully well-protected case for such a folder, Luhan thought. Joonmyun handed the folder to Luhan, who accepted it gingerly.

 

“As you know, EXO-K is the biggest entertainment company in Asia, only rivaled in size by EXO-M in China. However, EXO-M has relocated one of its main offices here in Seoul and now is trying to squeeze us out of the market.” Joonmyun prompted Luhan to open the folder, to which he found only a few pieces of papers, several cards, and two phones. “EXO-K’s offices were broken into just a few days ago and some rather important information regarding the wellbeing of the company as well as the future songs, concepts, and other things had been taken. The thing is, the culprit took a small safe that we had kept everything in so we don’t know if they have cracked it open yet. This is why time is of the upmost importance. I need everything in that box to be returned as it is.” He emphasized the “everything”.

 

Upon closer examination, Luhan saw that the folder contained several identification cards as well as a credit card. He furrowed his brows at the papers and a black-and-white printed formal picture of their target, Kris.

 

“You should have everything you need in the folder. Take this briefcase too so you don’t lose anything. I will personally take financial responsibility for everything related to the case in the next week.” Luhan turned his bright orbs to Joonmyun with curiosity. Kai followed his movements with his eyes as Luhan reached towards Joonmyun’s face. Seeing this, the latter jerked back slightly, startling the wide-eyed boy on his desk. Joonmyun cleared his throat and shifted uncomfortably. “Please do not forget that Kris is manipulative and he does not trust anyone. Trying to find out from others may be useless, this is why I’m trusting the two of you to do this.”

 

Joonmyun put the folder back in the briefcase and gave it along with its small key to Jongin. “I don’t want him hurt or anything…” His eyes seemed to lose the strength and energy it had for a flicker of a moment. “It’s just really important to the company.”

 

Kai hated having a partner because they always got in the way. He could quickly teleport in there, press a knife to the man’s throat and asked for whatever he needed, slit his throat and then teleport out before anyone knew what was happening. It was a lot simpler for Kai if he could just do what he was good at. However, this extra condition of not hurting Kris made Kai wonder for a split second if having Luhan here may be more useful than not. Besides, if Luhan got in the way he could just as easily kill him too. Though, he pondered for a moment, SM might add to his torturous training when he got back.

 

Luhan looked at him with expecting eyes, questioning him since he was the one experienced with clients and their cases. “I guess we’ll be going then.” He said almost questioningly, to which Joonmyun nodded. With a puff of a black void in space, Kai had teleported him and Luhan outside to behind the building.

 

Luhan had been clutching to his shirt in surprise, still not used to the unpleasant feeling of weightlessness caused by teleporting. He slowly opened his eyes to find that they were out on a back street.

 

“So where to now?” He asked, untangling his fingers from the fabric of his shirt. Luhan was a child, knowing nothing of what to do outside of the facility, looking to Kai for his curiosity.

 

“We need a place to stay until we figure out a plan.” Kai deadpanned as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“Okay, how do we do that?”

 

Kai felt a vein jump on the right side of his forehead. “I can’t just teleport to a random place and hope it’s a hotel. We have to look for one.” He started walking out of the alley and into the busy streets.

 

Luhan hesitated but caught up to him. He felt a slight headache but tried to ignore it. It got worse and worse as he and Kai neared the main streets. Right before they walked out from the shade of the building however, Kai felt something wrong and turned around to see Luhan fall to his knees clutching his head. Luhan realized with a pained gasp that he could hear and feel everyone all around them. From the school girls gossiping loudly to the angry business man yelling on the phone. It was overwhelming and suffocating all at once and Luhan couldn’t cover his ears to stop it. He tried to block out the noise with his hands but his head felt like it was going to split open. Bits of vegetation that had been growing behind the building as well as loose pieces of debris on the ground were slowly swirling around the blonde-haired boy even though there was no wind. Jongin could sense the distress radiating off of him and saw that it would be suspicious if he were to be left alone, especially since the debris was being thrown around more violently as time progressed.

 

“Luhan.” He called out as he walked over to the boy and got down on one knee in front of him. Gingerly, he tried to take his arm only to have the boy clutch at himself tighter. There was some sort of force around him, not allowing Jongin to put his hands on him. “Luhan. Luhan, look at me.” He growled.

 

The boy looked up with marble eyes, wet with unshed tears. “It hurts, Jongin.”

 

“I know but look at me. I can’t take you elsewhere if you don’t let me. Just focus on me.” His voice was rich and strong, commanding the boy’s attention. As soon as he focused on him, the debris around him started slowing down.

 

Kai took this chance to wrap an arm around the other’s slim waist and teleported them away. When Luhan opened his eyes again, they were back in the field where they first came from. He looked around and then up at the tan male’s seemingly impassive gaze. He felt nothing from the boy. It wasn’t an uncomfortable or cold nothing but just a comforting blank with a little bit of sadness mixed in. He was surprised at the feeling that is Kai but curious at the same time. Who exactly is he and why is there such a warm comfort about him?

 

Luhan quickly noticed the cut on his cheek as a result of the flying debris that he had caused. “Oh no, Jongin I am so sorry.” He examined it trying to see how bad it was but Jongin cut him off.

 

“Let’s just find a place to stay tonight.”

 

****

 

They—rather, Jongin—found a hotel only a block from the new EXO-M headquarters. They chose the closest hotel to minimize the time that Luhan had to be outside and they were lucky to get the last room. Unluckily for them though, the room happened to be a mini suite with only one bed.

 

As soon as he figured out the rooming situation, he brought Luhan into the room and gave him the bed, mumbling something about pulling out the couch instead.

 

“Are you sure, Jongin-ah?” Luhan looked at him with worry etched onto his dainty features. “The bed will be more comfortable.”

 

He decided to ignore his pleas and continue to pull out the sofa bed. He knew people like Luhan, they talked too much. After settling in the room, Jongin noticed that he was fiercely hungry. He had not eaten since he had woken up and he’s sure that Luhan is probably starving as well.

 

Seeing as the boy had no suggestions to help him decide on what to eat, Kai decided to go take care of some errands since they could be stuck here for a while. He left Luhan behind to tinker with a phone (I’ve always seen Sehun carry one but I’ve never had one before!) while he first went to buy some changes of clothes for them. He went to a store and quickly grabbed a few simple pieces of clothing that would be inconspicuous. He wasn’t an extravagant person and grabbed the first things he saw before getting out of there.

 

Next, he went to pick up food for the two of them. He had been craving fried chicken and hadn’t had it since—well, he doesn’t really remember when—so he got enough for the two of them. He returned to an excited Luhan playing with his phone.

 

“Jongin-ah, you’re back!” The blonde boy smiled excitedly. “That smells so good!” He put down his new toy and walked to the table where Jongin had set down the food.

 

Jongin had to agree, the smell as amazing and his stomach was churning so they started eating their meal thankfully. In the middle of the first piece though, Luhan had paused and began observing the taller male as he was devoured his second piece. Kai tried to ignore his behavior until Luhan put his hand behind the other’s neck. Kai stopped and looked at Luhan questioningly.

 

“It’s so…” Luhan looked mesmerized and serene, his orbs were clear and sparkled as they looked at each other. “Peaceful.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Luhan shook his head. “Carnal needs. Hunger. To survive is the most important thing to a human. When something calls upon this instinct, I can’t feel anything else. It’s the most primal instinct, the most important instinct a man could have and should be the most important thing that can be shared yet the least.” Luhan looked back at his food. “It’s deeply embedded in human nature yet oddly enough, human nature is the one thing that stops my abilities to read people.” He paused and then added softly with a twinge of sadness in his voice. “I wonder if that means I’m not human.”

 

****

 

Jongin found the smaller one fast asleep on the bed a little bit later. He was in a button up that Jongin had bought just a while ago, which hung a little too loosely around his frame. Luhan wasn’t too much shorter than him but he was frail for a man of his stature. Jongin wasn’t surprised though because it looked like the boy never left that pink room. That tank of an observation room. He didn’t get the hours of training that Jongin had to go through in order to become who he was today. As a result, Jongin’s body was well-defined and had muscles that specialized in decapitating others.

 

He sat on the edge of the bed as he observed the boy on the bed, breathing softly with his chest rising up and down rhythmically. He could not help but notice the beautiful features of the boy, with pink pouty lips, a button nose and long eyelashes that etched its shadows onto the owner’s face. His skin was milky and white, a contrast to Jongin’s own. It was hard to act distant from a boy who was so full of wonder and his child-like innocence brings out a desire to want to protect him.

 

He covered the boy up under the blanket. He was intrigued by the boy. For as long as he could remember, people were always so scared of him. His abilities and his heartlessness to be SM’s most cruel assassin made him a monster that people feared. Enemies feared his name and even those at SM trembled around him with his impassive gaze and sharp eyes. This boy though did not show a remote sense of fear around him but instead, tried to get closer to him. It was startling and confusing to him all at once. He knows Luhan isn’t stupid, he can read a person’s soul if he wanted to. Why isn’t he afraid of him as others are? Jongin may not realize it now but he may need the boy more than he could ever have guessed.

 

The hour was late and he knew he should get some rest as well. He laid in his soft bed and looked at the dark ceiling. He was tired but sleep eluded him.

 

****

 

In the next two days, Luhan and Jongin had to do a bit of sleuthing in order to find out more information. They would dress in casual clothing and walk past the building. Luhan would “accidentally” brush up against employees who were walking around the building.

 

At first, Luhan was terrified of going outside into the busy sidewalks again. There was so much noise, so many overwhelming voices and feelings. After taking some baby steps out in the outside world, he discovered that his mind was a lot more at peace when he concentrated on Jongin instead. So he kept close to the taller and had a hand wrapped up in the material of his shirt on this side at all times.

 

On the first day, Luhan found nothing of importance but it just pumped him up even more. After all, this was his first assignment outside of SM and it was exciting. Just like the detective stories Sehun sometimes brought in for him.  On the second day, he was more determined than ever, scouting out for people who may have information. While looking around, he didn’t notice tripping across a crack on the pavement before even Jongin could react. Instead of hitting the ground, he found himself in the strong arms of another. He looked up to see dark brown eyes gazing down at him. Luhan shuddered, he felt like he saw into his soul. Luhan knew who he was immediately and suddenly, he felt small. Kris had his lips pressed in a firm line and withdrew his arms as soon as the former steadied himself.

 

“I’m so sorry, thank you.” Luhan peered up at him. He stood an intimidating height taller than him and towered over him with broad shoulders and a strong frame. He brushed it off but continued his unnerving gaze on him for another split second too long. He then turned and continued walking with someone who looked like an assistant.

 

Jongin looked at Luhan’s sudden change of demeanor inquisitively. Luhan just pulled at him and in the direction of their usual path. “Well? That was him wasn’t it?”

 

Luhan waited until they were slightly farther away from the building before he turned to Kai and looked at him with a strange shine in his eyes.

 

“They need a translator.”

 

“What?” Jongin was confused.

“Kris,” Luhan explained. “Urgently needs a translator. I’m Chinese, I can translate for him and meanwhile find out where he’s hiding the stuff that Joonmyun needs!”

 

Jongin pondered this for a second. Although Luhan had impeccable Korea, his name was obviously Chinese. It just never occurred to him that the blonde haired boy could speak the other language too. This would ideally be a good idea to get into the building and closer to Kris but Jongin cannot help but wonder if the boy will be okay without him seeing as his presence was the only one calming him down in the sea of people around them.

 

“I’ll be fine, if it’s anything like an office setting, I can manage.” He chipped in, feeling the wonder and concern coming from Jongin, no matter how well guarded his face was. “Don’t you think I can feel everyone on the other side of the wall back at the facility?” He joked.

 

This was true, there were several people in there at once, observing, doing research, recording information. Jongin had brought them back to their hotel after turning into an alleyway. Luhan excitedly plopped on the sofa bed where Jongin had slept the night before.

 

“Then it’s decided! I’ll go to EXO-K and become Kris’s translator tomorrow.”

 

 

 

 


 

Hello, it's me! Thank you so much for reading I love all of y'all for taking the time to read this! I took a break and totally forgot I had written this hahahahha (/crey). I literally had to reread the first chapter to remember what this story was about. But alas, here it is! I'm going to finish this fic by the end of summer so look forward to the rest of the chapters! I would love comments <3 Tell me your thoughts!