1

Winter Destiny

Where is he?

That simple question.

Where is my dad?

One simple question but it has the most complicated answer ever.

And until now, i couldn't find the answer.

" Stephanie! Faster get dress up! The bus will come any minutes now! " My auntie shout from the kitchen.

I quickly get dress up and goes downstairs to eat my breakfast

" Today is the winter trip! Are you excited Stephanie? " Aunt Nicole asked me with a bright smile on her face

I simply nod and look outside the windows, looking at the beautiful falling snow

" The snow come early this year." She said and placing a bowl of cereal infront of me.

" Snow. " I said looking carefully at each falling snow.

" Oh my god! Stephanie! You just talk! " Aunt Nicole gasped before she went near me and hugged me as tight as she can.

" I thought i'm never gonna hear that voice again! " She said with tears b in her eyes

" I'm gonna get going. The bus probably have arrived " I said before quickly escape from her hug, grab my bag and run outside

I didn't like skinship even if it's from my family. I just hate it.

" Hey! The mute is here! "," Why are she coming? She just ruin everything."," Let prank her there! " More and more of teasing keep coming from all the other student that's waiting for the bus.

It's a usual routine for me, having people to throw thing at me, pushing me, taking my money.

I'm already used to it.

" Stop it. " Someone said as he walk beside me.

" She never did anything to you guys so stop that stupid attitude. " He said with a tone of fierceness in his voice.

Everyone immediately quite up and continue to do whatever they did before.

He looks at me concernly " Are you okay? I'm the new student. My name's Kai. "

He reaches out his hand but i just look at it and shook my head.

" Nevermind then? " He put back his hand into the pocket of his jacket.

" The bus arrive! Come on! " He unconciously grab my hand and pull me towards the bus.

I tried to pull my hand away but he was too strong for me.

" Hey! There are empty seats there! " He drag me to the seat and i just had to follow him.

He take my bag off me and put them at the cabin that was on top of our heads.

" So... You haven't introduce yourself yet " He look at me when someone shouted from infront of the bus

" She's mute! Don't ask her anything! " I lowered my head down.

I'm actually wasn't mute. It just i didn't like talking about unnecessary thing.

" Didn't i tell you to shut up? Are you deaf or something? " He said raising his voice

Everyone start muttering something before turning back infront.

He turn back to me " Is that true? " He asked me.

I just shook my head look outside. " Snow. "

" So you can talk. Why won't you talk to me? " He ask but i decided to ignore it

My eyes slowly start to close on their own.

Without i realize, i was already fast asleep.


" Dad? Is that you " I walk slowly to the figure

" Stephanie. My dear daughter. " He said and walk slowly to me.

I ran to him and and hugged him as tight as i can.

" Dad i miss you! " I said and start to cry on my dad shoulder.

" I miss you too Steph, but i'm gone now. You have to find another man to protect you " He kissed my forehead and rub my hair.

" What are you talking about dad? You are not going anywhere right? " I pull away and look at his eyes

" You need to find someone that really love you Steph. The one who will protect you from the cruel world " He pats my head and turn around

Light start to come from his body " I have to go now dear. Find your destiny. "

He wave his hand and slowly dissappear.

" Dad! No! Dad! Don't go! " I tried to grab him but nothing happen.

" Dad don't leave me!! " I feel my body being shaken.

" Wake up! Are you alright? " I open my eyes and saw everyone was looking at me.

Kai was holding me and my face is at his chest.

" What are you looking at? " He shout and look back to me.

" Are you okay? You was crying and talking loudly in your sleep. " He wiped my tears as i look at him.

I remembered the dream. Dad. I miss him.

Unconciously, I start to cry again.

Kai pull me for a hug while i buried my face in his chest.

I feel so warm. I feel like my burden is walking away.

Kai pats my hair and singing baby don't cry which is my favorite song.

Dad used to sing this song to me the whole time.

I immediately pull away when i come back to reality.

I look at him and when our eyes meet i swear i saw something in it. I just coudn't figure out what is it.

He pull my hand before taking out a pack of tissue and putting it in my hands.

" Wipe your tears. Someone like you doesn't deserve to cry " He wiped my tears and flash me a million dollar worth smile.

" Maybe i'm being annoying but what's your name? " He asked me the same question again.

I just shook my head and look out from the windows.

" I guess you don't want to tell me.. " He sigh with a tone of sadness in it.

I feel guilty. Should i tell him? It's just a name after all.

" Kai? " I turn to him.

" Yes? Do you need something? " He respond immediately.

" My name Stephanie " I said before turning back to the windows.

" Stephanie... That a nice name " He smiles and start drifting into his thought

Bit by bit, my eyes slowly to close and my head fall on his shoulder.

He smile and fix my head position so that i'll be comfortable.

" Good night Stephanie " He smile as he drift into a peaceful sleep.


" Wake up all! We have arrived! " Mrs. Kim announce

I slowly wake up and rub my heads.

I turn my head to the side just to see Kai still sleeping.

" Miss Hwang do you mind to wake Jongin up? " She said to me.

I'm confused. Who is Jongin??

" Jongin is the new student Miss Hwang. The one beside you incase you don't know " But i thought his name is Kai.

I simply nod and Mrs. Kim left us.

I shakes his body slowly getting a groan from him instead.

" Kai... Wake up... " I said softly

He slowly open his eyes. Covering it with his hands over the light.

I point outside and he just nod.

I stand up to take my bag from the cabin but end up knocking my head and losing my balance.

I expect to feel a pain at my bottom but i felt like i landed on something soft instead.

" Ouch that hurt " I saw i was sitting on Kai's lap now

My eyes widened up.

" Are you okay? " I whispered softly

" Yeah i'm okay. You don't need to worry " He gives me that breath taking smile again and i swear i could felt heat creep up my cheek.

" All student please get down now! "

" We should go " He said before grabbing my hands and run down

" Is everyone here? " Our teacher asked

" Nae! " The student answer loudly

" Now i'm going to paired you up! Go to your partner once i say your name! First one! Kai and Krystal! "

Krystal squeal happily and quickly come to Kai's side.

" Second one, Miyoung and Kevin " Ohh noo.. Kevin is the kingka and he always bullied me.

" Hello deaf " He said and stand beside me.

Ohh this going to be a long trip

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay... That was very bad ><
I decided to do a 2 or 3 shot for this story xDD

Anyway enjoy the first chapter!