Resignation

Lie

Years have passed. Taemin is now 25, and I have not seen him after he left Kibum-hyung's house. It has been so long, so long that I wouldn't know how he looks like now. He would look more mature, now that he has to take on the responsibilities of an adult. The memories I have of him fade, at first because I wanted to forget him. I try to take away the things that reminded me of him, and now that I no longer feel the pang in my heart as I think of him, I miss him terribly. I regret the things I have thrown away, I regret forgetting all the times we had together, because I have so little to look back on.

 

I still keep in contact with Jonghyun and Kibum-hyung, even after I left Kibum-hyung's house. Through them, I have heard that Taemin has a stable job, and was pressured by his family to marry. I sigh, knowing that this will be my fate too. Even when I left my house and no longer contacted my family, I will have to marry a woman one day to put up a front. It is too pressurising, when my collegues ask why am I not married, when I have to hide the fact that I am gay so I will not be judged harshly.

 

-----------------

In a cafeteria, I wait for my date. I gave in to pressure and arranged for a blind date with a woman.  She seems to be a great woman, an attractive woman with a lot of suitors, she comes from a good family and is well educated. It is a pity, that I will not be able to give her the love that she craves. I wait in my seat, nervous at how this will turn out. 

 

"Are you my date for today?" A woman stands in front of me, and she looks familiar. 

 

"So, you are Kwon Yuri?" I ask tentatively. 

 

She gives me a nod, and smiles at me. We sit down, and make small talk.

----------