Awkwardness

Beautiful

Hihi, I'm so sorry for the long wait! I know I promised I'd update once I get 10 comments, but I was really busy. I'm sorrrrrryyyyy. Anywhooooos, here's chapter 2. ^^ & once again, I'm sorry for the short chapter!

 

 

 

02. Awkwardness


 

I was staring at myself in the mirror, admiring my hair when the doorbell rang. I'm not vain, but I do appreciate the few good qualities I've been given which is my hair, and my long toned legs.


I didn't want to keep Donghae waiting so I made my way out of my room, and ran down the stairs. When I opened the door, he greeted me with a warm hug, making everything feel better instantly.


"So how did your talk go?" he asked, as I stepped aside, so that he could enter.


"Not good, he begged me to take him back and I just couldn't do it. I've never felt so horrible in my life, I really didn't want to hurt him," I answered, slouching down on the couch.


"I know you didn't," Donghae replied, taking my hand in his and squeezing it. Holding his hand was nothing new, we've been doing it since elementary school.


"How's your dad?" I asked, not because I wanted to make conversation but because I really wanted to know. Donghae doesn't have a very good relationship with his parents.


"Okay, I guess. He didn't try to convert me or something if  that's what you mean," he answered, smiling at me.


I was there the day he told his parents that he is gay. I was the first person he told, and it took him a while to admit it to other peoplee. I guess he was afraid of how they would react. People can be very judgmental afterall. Donghae told me when we were in junior high but it took him two years to gather enough courage to face his parents about it. His mother in her breath like she couldn't believe what she had  just heard and his dad stepped forward and punched him so hard that he flew across the room.


Donghae spent the next week at my house, my mother was much more understanding. When he finally returned home, it was rough for a while, but things got better as time passed by. Now his parents doesn't fight with him about it anymore, although they do question him and try to change his mind every chance they get.


"Tomorrow is going to be awkward," I stated, thinking about going to school.


"Definitely," Donghae replied smirking at me.


I was getting more and more nervous about going to school the next day. People were sure to find out that Taecyeon and I had broken up, and I wasn't looking forward to it. There was one person I wanted to know though. His name is Nichkhun. He is the captain of the football team and Taecyeon's best friend.


If you think that is bad, he is also dating one of my best friends. Tiffany and I have known each other since we were pre-school; we were skin-tight. She's the complete opposite of me when it comes to looks and personality but we get along well. She is more of a outgoing, loud and bubbly side. She could have any guy she wanted, and apparently she wanted Nichkhun. Tiffany is also one of the most beautiful girls at school with her long red hair and mesmerizing eyesmile.

 

 

 

***

 

 


When my alarm went off the next morning, I groaned and pressed the snooze button. I needed a few more hours of sleep but I'll take fifteen minutes if that's all I can get. It felt like I had barely closed my eyes when it went off again. This time I couldn't press snooze, if I did I would be late and I wasn't that kind of person.


I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower with the hope that some warm water will wake up. It helped to the point where I was able to function but I still felt awful. I got dressed in a pair of black jeans, a tight fitting white tank top with a cute black blazer over it, and matched it with a pair of black heels.


I added some makeup so that my eyes didn't look too puffy and then quickly straightened my hair again. When I looked in the mirror I looked like myself; pretty, fashionable and in control. I didn't want people to see how shaken up I was by the breakup.


I heard Donghae's car coming from down the street, he had one mean sound system installed in it. I grabbed my back pack and made my way downstairs, opening the front door as he pulled to a stop in front of the house. I locked the door behind me and ran to his car, jumping in. As we made our way to school my stomach started fluttering with nerves and it felt like I was going to throw up any second. I really wasn't looking forward to the day.


The parking lot was full and kids were standing everywhere, talking and laughing. It was a normal Monday morning to everyone else, but to me it felt like I was about to walk into a lava pool. I was vaguely aware of Donghae getting out of the car but I just couldn't get myself to move.


"Come on, Beautiful." I heard him say from beside me, snapping me out of my panicked state. I didn't even hear him open the door.


"Coming," I replied, as I got out of the car and threw my back pack over my shoulder.


We walked into the school holding hands. We stopped doing that a long time ago but today was different and it made me feel safe. Everyone knows he is gay so I didn't think much of it. It was the middle of out senior year, the term was almost over and then it would be holiday. Taecyeon and I had planned to go on a road trip with our friends. We haven't made all the arrangements yet but we had spoken to them about it and they all sounded really excited. I don't think that is going to happen anymore.


Some of the kids stared at Donghae and my interlocked hands but they all know we are best friends. Nobody seemed to know about the breakup though. I felt relieved but knew it was only a matter of time. It wouldn't take them long before they realized that Taecyeon and I weren't talking, or hugging or kissing like we always did. I wasn't even sure if we would be sitting at the same lunch table. I had no idea what was going to happen since we had alot of the same friends.


The bell rang announcing homeroom. Donghae and I headed to class and took our usual seats next to the window. He sat behind me and Taecyeon sat beside me to the right. The class was almost full when Taecyeon came walking in. His eyes caught mine as he walked towards his seat and I couldn't help but feel guilty. I could see the pain in his eyes and I knew I was the one who caused it. He sat down without saying a word as the teacher started calling our names.