admitting

One Year Later

Jessica POV

“what is she doing inside?” Yoona says with a low voice.

“it must be something important. If it’s not, he wouldn’t lock the door.” I say while keeping my ears on the door. The rest do the same as I do.

Dug!

“argh! I’ll make you pay for this!” it’s Onew’s voice. I guess he crashes on something. It shocks us.

“AARRHH~~IT HURRTTSS~!!!” now it’s Sunny’s voice. She’s screaming of pain.

“omo!! What does he do to her until she screams like that?” Taeyeon starts to panic about her roommate.

“I don’t know.” I answer her. After that, no more screams. Just low voices that we can’t hear clearly.

“hey! What are you doing?”

“Yes~! I got what I want, now you can go home!” my brain starts to think something that it shouldn’t think. They don’t call me byun sica for nothing.

“oh my god! They’re just … “

Brakk!

The door opens. Omo~! The view behind the door makes me sure about what I thought before. Onew with messy hair and lost 2 buttons on his shirt while Sunny… she’s worse! Her hair is messy, so does with her clothes. And some red marks on her neck.

“eh… I better go home now. Bye everyone!” he bids a goodbye and leaves with a little hurry. Now we stare at Sunny that is standing there, freezing. Maybe shocked to see all the member’s in front of her door.

“emh.. it’s getting late. You better get in your bed now.” Taeyeon tells the girls and they obey her. After the rest already in their room, I, Taeng, and Yoong get in to Sunny’s room and sit on her bed with her.

“you… and Onew … were …” Taeng looks at her with one of her eyebrow raised. Sunny nods in response.

“as you can see from our messy look, we just fought over something.” Sunny’s answer makes Taeyeon stares at her with disbelief. It sounds like she admit it.

What’s wrong with your neck?” Yoona asks while pointing Sunny’s neck.

“my neck?”

“there’s a lot of red marks… like …”

“ah, really? It’s Onew fault! He must be gave it too much on my neck.” Sunny simply answer it, like it’s nothing.

“can you tell us, why are you both looks so mess?” it’s my turn to ask now.

“you know, he disturbed my sleep. Then he showed something that I’ve missed. We fought over on the bed. Finally I had a chance to get it. But I was not careful so I screwed his shirt.” Sunny’s answer gets us in shock. She just tells us about her personal life! And mostly, we shock because the innocent Sunny we know is actually …

“let’s just sleep. We have a schedule tomorrow, don’t we? Good night!” she lies on her bed and cover herself. I, Taeng, and Yoong exchange stare before I and Yoong get up and leave the room.

Onew POV

“what took you so long?” I stare at the girl that just gets inside my car. “why are you using scarf? The weather is good though.”

“I was looking a way to hide the red marks on my neck. And I’m using this scarf to cover it.” She shows me the red marks I gave him last night. I just chuckle at her.

“don’t cover it! The red marks will disappear when it gets sunlight.” I pull the scarf and throw it to the back seat.

“ya~! If I don’t cover it, people will think about something. You know, the members asked me about it last night! These marks look like ….”

“just let it be! Let them think something really happened and make a scandal. Then our song will be topping the chart for months!” I say jokingly while driving my car to the studio. She looks away and mumbles like a little kid.

“crazy guy!” She mumbles with her aegyo face. I smile seeing her cute face. It always makes me smile with her cuteness. What, did I just say she’s cute? Aish~ what’s wrong with me?!

Sunny POV

I close the girl restroom’s door and lean on it and ruffle my own hair. That guy really drives me nut! Because he took off my scarf and forbid me to use it, people in the studio looked weird at me and asked something stupid!

“Onew Sangtae!”

Knock.. knock … knock …

“who’s that?”

“come on, get out from the restroom. Or else I’ll take you by myself.” That’s the voice of the guy who makes me go insane. Not insane like that, but insane in real

“I won’t get out until you give me back my scarf!” I yell at him. He chuckles. What so funny?

“you really want me to get you out by myself, huh?” I laugh. I bet he won’t dare to get in to girl’s restroom.

“try me!” silence for a while. Ha! You don’t dare! I guess he’s on his way to the car to get my scarf.

Brakk!!

“yaa~!! Lee Jinki~! Put me down!”

“I won’t.”

Haish~ what is in his brain?! He was just trespassing to girl’s restroom and took me on his shoulder!

“put me down~! I can walk by myself!!” I keep fighting him even it’s no work. People look at us strangely.. uuh, this is really embarrassing!

Finally he puts me down in his car, on the seat beside the driver’s seat. He then gets inside the car and drives it.

“where are we going? Our schedule is over, right?” I ask him after I realize he take the left from SM building while the right one to our dorms.

“we have a dinner outside. Just relax. The woman is sick and she can’t mentoring us today.”

“why don’t we just go straight home? I’m tired.” I say to him. Unfortunately, my stomach grumbles, asking for food.

“seems like you stomach doesn’t agree with you.” He chuckles at me, I just pout because of embarrassment. “They’ve prepared the dinner as usual. It just a waste if we don’t take it.” He’s right. And I’m hungry too.

Author POV

It was a week left before the recording. Three weeks already Sunny and Onew did all the things. It was like 3 weeks had given a big change on them. They looked closer and closer each day.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Sunny ah, can you come to my office this afternoon? You haven’t sign your contract.” It was Sunny’s uncle.

“sure. I’ll be there.”

Sunny POV

The fried chicken I made is prepared. I know can’t cook well but I insisted Hyoyeon to teach me how to cook chicken. And I did it! I guess it taste not bad. Now I just have to go to Shinee’s dorm to give this to Onew. Shocked to hear I make him food? Yeah, I choose to make a better relationship with him and forget the past. Ah, I almost forget. Mr. Lee asked me to come to his office. I’ll go to his office after  I give Onew the chicken first.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-==

I press the door bell but none answer. I knock the door and still no answer. I decide to get in. it’s not locked thought.

I walk pass the living room to the kitchen to find someone. Maybe they’re not home.

I’m about to turn back when I hear a voice.

“Come on hyung. Just admit it.” It’s key’s voice. It’s from the backyard. I walk to find Key and Onew are in the backyard. But I stop in the mid way, I don’t want to disturb their conversation.

“admitting what?”

“just admit that you love her again, right?” Key teases him.

“who?”

“don’t play innocent! Your partner duet, Sunny noona.” I can see that Onew’s blushing! I don’t know why but I feel so happy.

“wh.. what are you talking about? Of course I’m not! I’ll never fall for her again. Remember what happened 1 year ago? I still can’t forget it up to now. I’m being close to her just because of work sake, not more! She’s the niece of our Boss, right? so I have to treat her nicely.” Those words of him really stab me. It hurts. So he just do this all because he’s afraid of my uncle? I feel my face hotter and slowly, water drops from my eyes. Wait, why do I cry? He’s nothing to me, and I’m nothing to him. But still, it hurts. Unconsciously, I drop the food tray. Aish, they will notice my presence. I better go now.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-===-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I drop myself on my bed. My eyes still teary, and actually I’m still crying even harder now. I still remember her words, it keeps replaying in my head! And it gives more pain as time goes by. Okay, I admit, I love him again. But it’s no use. He still hates me. Really, I’m such a stupid!

Drrt … drrt …

“ugh! Why do you have to ring in this kind of time?!”

Prakk!

I throw my cell phone and it crashes to the wall until it really silent.

“Sunny …” I turn my head towards the door where Sica is standing there.

“Sica …” she comes closer. I hug her immediately and cry on her shoulder.

“what happens to you?” she asks me softly while rubbing my back.

“I don’t want to do this duet project anymore!”

“eh, why? It just a week left.”

“I … don’t want… I just.. cant ..” I say, softer this time. She sits beside me on my bed after comfort me.

“your uncle called you, and he wanted you to come to his office.” I keep silent. I think of a way out, and finally find one.

“Sica-ah..”

“yes?”

“would you like to give me a favor?”

“sure! I’ll do everything that makes you smile again.” She holds my hand.

“well… can you … replace me for this duet project?” I stare at her with doubt. “please… there’s still 1 week left for practice. I know you’re a great singer. I’m sure it will be better if you replace me… please, I beg you~” she keeps silent for a while, thinking of it.

“okay, I’ll do it.” I smile right after she agrees. “but first, you have to answer my question I gave you few days ago.”

“what question?” I try to remember what question Sica had gave me.

“looks like you forget about it. Okay, I’ll repeat it.” She gets closer to me and holds my shoulder. “do you love him … again?” ah, she’s asking about it. I remember the question. I sigh before answer it.

“yes, I do..” I answer softly, more like a whisper.

“that’s all I have to know.” She smiles then stand up. “I have to go now.” With that, she leaves with a smirk of her. What is she planning?

Onew POV

It’s the recording day. I should be more concentrate so it would finish quickly. But it feels like every time I’m gonna sing, my concentration gets blur. Sunny’s image always popped in my head. I couldn’t sleep since I know that she’s mad at me. She heard my conversation with Key. I know I shouldn’t say those words. And I shouldn’t lie about my own feeling. It must be hurt her badly because right after that, she asked Jessica to sign the contract. Honestly, I’m not comfortable in a duet with her. I admit that her voice is way much better than Sunny’s. but still, I can’t feel the chemistry when I sing with Sunny.

“Onew, are you okay?” Jessica asks me with concern.

“actually, I’m not. I have a problem.” I tell her honestly. She smiles at me.

“I know you problem. Here, you better fix it now.” She gives me a paper. It’s phone number.

“who’s cell phone it is?”

“go call her. And bring her here.” I get what she means. I immediately get out from the room to get my car.

=-=-=-=-==-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-

“Sunny ah, where are you now?”

“who’s this?”

“just tell me where you are!”

“I’m at SM office lobby, who is this?” I end the call and heading to SM building.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

“there she is!” I get closer to a girl that sits on a sofa and pick her up bridal style.

“ya~! Wh.. what are you doing?!” I don’t answer her and just bring her to my car.

“you can’t just take me like that! It’s kidnapping!”

“if I ask you first, you wouldn’t come with me!” she remains silent after I say it.

Author POV

“why do you take me to the studio?!” Sunny still tried to get Onew’s hands off her. Onew dragged her to a recording room. There were some cru and also Jessica in that room.

“I can’t sing if you’re not here.” Sunny looked at Onew with confuse written on her face.

“what do you..mean?”

“Sunny, I’m so sorry because I’ve said something hurtful to you. All I said wasn’t true.  I was being so naïve. I lied to Key, myself, and you.”

“just get to the point. I don’t understand.” Sunny felt a bit uneasy because people was starting to stare at her.

“are you too blind or something? He likes you!” Jessica whispered on Sunny’s ear. Sunny raised one her eyebrow.

“I…. I love you, Lee Sunny. I love you back then, now, and forever. I always do.” Sunny kept silent. She didn’t know what to say.

“just say ‘I love you too’.” Sica elbowed her. Sunny looked down before said.

“mm… I love you too….” She said with a half whisper. Her cheeks got redden because of embarrassment. People started to cheer for them. Onew hugged her, he was really happy to get her back.

“that’s enough. You have a work to do!” Jessica dragged him inside the recording room. They started to sing. This time, Onew could do it perfectly because Sunny’s here. It was such a beautiful song. The song about a dark past of a couple that they fix in the mean time and started all over again, a song about Onew and Sunny. It was sung beautifully by Onew and Jessica.


finally i'm done posting this fic! hope you like it ^_^