Final

Smells like love

Word count: 2, 300~ 400

[ EDITED. today: Jan6 ] Proof read 

 

A/N:

→ Don't expect much because my head is an empty jar of jam
→ My HunHan fluff is consisted of marshmallows and rainbows
→ It's not the best of the series >< but yeah, I love SeHan
→ Give love afterwards! :3

 

 

 

Smells Like Love
"Man cannot live by bread alone;he must have peanut butter."

- James Garfield

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where’s Sehun now? He’s always missing in action!” Jongin said, tapping his foot on the floor, “He’s an hour early before the bell, now, he’s five minutes early before the bell!”

“Oh come on Jongin, it’s not like you didn’t do that when Kyu—“ Jongdae starts to tease but stopped when Jongin raised his hands in surrender.

“I choose to shut up.” Everyone started to laugh, making Jongin pout.

 

 

Sehun walks down the street instead getting on a bus. He likes walking because he can enjoy the early morning breeze of Seoul when the cars are still parked in their own respective garages, not polluting the early cold breeze. But an unusual sight caught his eyes; it’s just a boy wearing simple clothing and an apron, smiling and greeting good morning whoever buys his ‘freshly baked bread’.

“Good morning sir!” the boy greeted when Sehun stops by. Sehun swore he saw rainbows in the background of this, rather cute guy. “My breads are freshly baked!”

“You’re probably new here. Never saw you before…” Sehun said, eyeing the guy in front of him, making him uneasy, “You’re Chinese hm?”

“Uhm.. Yes.”

“What’s your name?”

“It’s Lu Han.”

“I’m Sehun.” Sehun smiled, his eyes turning into cute small crescents, making the pastry chef named Lu Han, loose up a bit, “What’s your best here?”

“Melon bread!” the chef exclaimed, and then this time, Sehun swore that the rainbow in the background is sparkly this time because of the cute smile and aura that this little chef is giving.

“I’ll get uhh…” Sehun trailed, counting mentally how many his friends are, “Seven melon breads.”

“Wait for a sec!”

The taller guy nodded and waited. After a few moments, he’s handed with a brown box with yellow ribbon lace at the either side of the box.

“Here’s your bread! It’s seven dollars in total!” Lu Han chirped with a smile. “Nice to meet you, by the way.”

“Nice to meet you too.” Sehun stated and hands the chef the said amount and left with a smile on his face.

 

 

Sehun buys bread from Lu Han every single day; it’s not the bread why he goes to the pastry shop every day, it’s simply because he just want to see the cute Chinese pastry chef who smiles really cute and with a cute deer eyes. And Sehun feels his day is complete just to see that smile.

He passes by the shop after classes too, leaving his friends behind, saying he’s busy. Of course, Lu Han will smile at the sight of Sehun in his shop. Every time the bell by the door rings, he’ll immediately look if it’s Sehun, sighing if it’s not him, but smiling if it’s him. It became a habit to Lu Han actually.

 

 

Sehun sighs, looking at the white ceiling of his bedroom, feeling bored, or maybe not. It’s Saturday today, he don’t have any homeworks to do (even he have one, he won’t do it anyway) so maybe he can have a stroll down the streets, and pass by the pastry shop. Right.

So he takes a good shower, takes his best casual clothes, and sprays a bit of cologne. That will do. Sehun stares at his reflection in the mirror, yep, he look good, as always.

 

The shop in weekends are dull, people are probably on their day-off, lazing in their home. Lu Han sighs as he leans on the counter, staring at the cars and people passing by, will Sehun even pass by today? Nahh. Probably not, he’ll be in his house laz—

The bell ringed, catching Lu Han’s attention and he smiled to face the customer, his eyes widen in surprise, and also his smile, his eyes even twinkling, maybe.

“Good morning hyung!” Sehun greeted with a smile, his eyes shaped into cute moon crescents that Lu Han likes.

“What are you doing here? It’s weekend!”

“I just missed you, that’s all.” Sehun replied, taking a seat by the window. He wished Lu Han will take it as a joke, though it’s not.

Lu Han’s face turned crimson red in a matter of seconds, thanking God he turned away in time so Sehun won’t see his face.

“Won’t you take my order hyung?”

“O-oh, yeah, what’s your order?”

“Blueberry cake and banana milk.”

“Blueberry cake and banana milk, my treat!” Lu Han beamed. “Since you’re here, “and I don’t have a reason to be lonely.

Sehun spent his day watching Lu Han serve his customers, watching him smile, talk, laugh, and entertain little kids. Maybe he can spend the next Saturdays here too, watch him do the same things, or maybe he can help Lu Han serve.

Its 10PM, time to close the shop, Sehun decided to help, of course, just to spend time with Lu Han.

“Sehun-ah, thanks for helping!” Lu Han chirped, locking the bakery’s door.

“You’re always welcome~” Sehun said, “See you next time! Tomorrow, maybe.” He grinned.

 

It’s Monday, much to Sehun’s pleasure and dismay. Pleasure to see Lu Han, and dismay because there’s classes. He wore his best cologne, and fixed his hair neatly. He needs to look presentable in front of Lu Han, how can he make Lu Han fall for him if he doesn’t look good?

Sehun walks down the street, the unusual smile plastered on his face. The scent of freshly baked breads wafted as he came closer to the bakery.

“Sehun!” Lu Han called, getting the attention of the said guy.

“Good morning hyung!” Sehun greeted as he comes close to the pastry chef.

“I have something for you~” Lu Han sing-songed, “Jajan!” he handed Sehun a box of melon bread, “I don’t know if it’s your favorite but I… It’s the bread you always buy so I assumed th—“

“It became my favorite ever since I bought it from you.” The younger guy grinned, Lu Han grew flustered. “I’m going now! See you later!”

Lu Han stares at Sehun as he walks away, his cheeks had cooled down, thank goodness. He can’t really understand how Sehun can make his heart beat fast in a matter of seconds, but he admits to himself that he likes the kid. Who wouldn’t? With his cute smile and handsome features, and somehow, cute personality, Lu Han is officially captured by an attractive guy.

 

 

“Hyung, what happened to Sehun? He’s smiling like an idiot through the whole day.”

“Yeah, and he kept peeking inside the box during classes.”

Jongin sighed and poked Sehun’s side, “Hello? Oi, Oh Sehun do you copy?” He holds his friend’s shoulders and shakes him to wake him, and a smack on the head came courtesy of Chanyeol, and it’s effective.

“Yah! What’s that for?!” Sehun boomed, glaring at his two companions.

“You’re smiling like an idiot through the whole time and thank Buddha Mr. Dong didn’t sue you for that,” Jongin stated, seating on Sehun’s table and taking a peek inside the brown box. “Can I have one?”

“Yeah, sure— wait, no—“ before he could finish his protest, Jongin has a bread stuck in his mouth, munching on it with his eyes closed, savoring the bread.

“This is good! Where did you buy— Oh! You bought this from the newly opened pastry shop eh?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Maybe we can pass by the shop later this afternoon!” Chanyeol suggested, “And we can meet this lover boy’s boyfriend.”

“He’s not my boyfriend.”

“Yet.” Jongin provided with a smug grin on his face, making Sehun roll his eyes.

 

Sehun’s friends, complete cast of course, decided to go with Sehun to the pastry shop.

The bell by the door ringed, getting Lu Han’s attention immediately, “Sehun-ah!”

“Hey hyung!”

“He’s cute…”

“Yep, definitely Sehun’s type.”

The guys murmured from the back.

“Uhmm… These are my friends.”

“Hello!” The pastry chef greeted with his usual smile and ever so cheerful self, “It’s nice to see you guys! I’m Lu Han, and I’m Chinese, if you’re going to ask.”

The guys chuckled, and then introduced themselves one-by-one.

They say by the corner of the shop, Lu Han stops by them if he’s not busy with customers. The shop became lively, thanks to the guys, till the dawn came, bubbling with laughter and chit-chats from their table. Before the shop close, everyone left, leaving Sehun and Lu Han behind.

“I’ll walk you home.” Sehun offered when Lu Han finished locking the door.

“You don’t need t—“

“I insist.” The younger guy grinned, opening his hand for the chef to take.

The elder hesitated for a moment, it will look weird if their hands are intertwined, it will look like they’re couples. But he takes it, letting Sehun hold his hand, and it felt warm and he likes the feeling of how his hand fits with Sehun and how he—Lu Han  stops his thoughts from overflowing nonsense. Maybe Sehun treats him like his big brother. Yep, that’s maybe it.

Sehun have this smile plastered on his face all the way to Lu Han’s house.

 

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, Sehun walks Lu Han home, their hands always intertwined and Lu Han gets used to the feeling of his hands in Sehun’s but he still keeps the safe thought  of brother-and-brother  relationship to save him from being broken hearted.

Saturdays are free dessert and drinks day, all thanks to Lu Han. They would chat by the counter while no one is around. Sehun offered to be a waiter to pay his non-existent debts, the pastry chef didn’t agree at first but Sehun insisted, Lu Han gaves in.

Weekdays, Sehun’s friends (now also Lu Han’s) are always in the shop ever since the first time they entered. They maybe doing group studies, projects, or just hanging out.

Every Saturday, the bakery is full, why? Because Oh Sehun is a handsome waiter and Lu Han is a cute pastry chef. It attracts customers of course. Then Sehun recruited his friends because of the uncontrollable amount of customers, they agreed, then it became more uncontrollable. But Lu Han is grateful for their company.

By the end of the day, they’ll be rewarded with a cake and drinks. It’s enough for them.

Sunday came, and Sehun has this grin that can almost rip the sides of his pretty lips. With a one last look on the mirror, Sehun sets off.

The shop’s bell ringed, and Lu Han is surprised to see Sehun too early in the shop.

“Good morning Sehunnie~” The chef greeted with a cutesy ending on Sehun’s name.

Sehun can’t help but to smile. “Good morning Hanhan hyung~”

“Why so early?”

“I just want to help. Can i?”

“Sure!”

The duo heads to the kitchen, Sehun puts on an apron as Lu Han said and proceeds to follow the elder. Sehun follows the orders, put it there, turn on the oven, and don’t overcook the bread! Lu Han busies himself mixing flour, baking powder, egg and other stuffs that the younger can’t identify.

The pastry chef didn’t notice his apron slipping off; of course, Sehun noticed it because he’s ogling his hyung for a minute now.

“Omo!” Lu Han muttered when the apron fell on the floor. He’s about to reach it when Sehun beats him to it.

“Your hands are dirty, let me help…” he grinned. Sehun picks the apron up and puts it on Lu Han’s waist. The chef stiffens when he felt Sehun’s arms around his waist, and he’s dangerously close but he didn’t seem to bother with the distance.

“There.” The younger of the two smiled, finally finishing the knot.

Lu Han lets out a breath that he didn’t know he was holding.

 

Throughout the day, Lu Han can’t help but to think of Sehun. Sehun holding his hands, Sehun calling him Hanhan, Sehun smiling at him, Sehun— it’s not a false sign right?

The shop comes to a close; Sehun puts the cup pieces into their respective places while Lu Han tidies the counter.

This is it.

Lu Han carries the last pieces of mugs to the shelf, tip-toeing to reach it. Then he felt a pair of arms around his waist, thank goodness there’s self-control left in his body, if not, the mugs would’ve fell.

“Sehun what the—“

“Just stay still.” Sehun mumbled on Lu Han’s back.

The chef stands normally on his foot, the mugs now safely placed on the shelf.

“Sehun.. What are you—“

“I’m hugging you. I’ve been itching to do this for months now.”

“Because..?” Lu Han trailed, his eyes sparking of hope, because maybe, just maybe, Sehun likes him too.

“I’m the most unromantic guy, because I’m confessing in an unromantic place in the most unromantic way.” Sehun rambled, and then cleared his throat, “LuHanhyungIlikeyou.”

Lu Han didn’t understand what the younger guy just said, but he sure did hear the worlds ‘I like you.’ “What did you say again?”

“I like you, even if you don’t I’ll do every—“

“I like you too, idiot.” The chef turns around to hug Sehun back, the smell of Sehun’s cologne traveling into his nose, and it smells really nice.

“Hyung, be mine?”

“You’re really unromantic Oh Sehun, but yes of course. Yes,” Lu Han giggled with a peck on the cheeks but Sehun quickly turns so Lu Han’s lips will press against his. Sehun grinned. "But I don't expect you to be anyway.."

 

 

Jongin just noticed, Sehun is out of their sight everytime, also is Lu Han. Seriously, where are they? Then there’s this noise, unclean noise, eminating from the wash room..

“We don’t want to know more Jongin,” Joonmyun said, “Just keep your thoughts to yourself.”

“But I swear, I heard moani—“

“Jongin, please.”

“Fine.” The tanned guy huffs and leans back on his seat, defeated.

Then Sehun comes out from the wash room, moments later, Lu Han comes out, too. Their hair is a mess, their lips are kind of reddish than before.

“Told you guys.” Jongin mumbled, grinning to his friends.

Sehun cleared his throat, seating with his friends.

“Maybe, you may want to fix your hair and apply lip balm.” Chanyeol suggested with a cocky grin.

“Shut up.”

Everyone’s gaze turns to Lu Han, “You too hyung.” The taller guy said.

Jongdae laughed by himself, then Chanyeol follows, then Jongin, then everyone.

 

 

Then they all live romantically in their own unromantic ways.

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Thanks for reading from the first one-shot till here! Comments are loved as always! :3 I hope I didn't fail you guys ><

 

 

Lu Han is the human reincarnate of Honey senpai, I swear. Daem he's lovely and cute OuO

 

I'm actually betting that people will give not-so-satisfied comments X) haha the comments. But hey, at least there are comments! 
I didn't really satisfy you guys with this last shot, so yeah, I'm sorry ><