Part I : Piano Man

Endless

"Kai! Your on stage in 10 minutes." his manager, Park Chanyeol, called out. Kai kept calm as the ladies fixed his hair and brushed makeup on his face. He readied his hands and fixed his tuxedo. His hair was gelled and combed back. He could hear the singer on stage end his song. 'five four three two one.' He counted down as the singer exited the stage. "Now we welcome the piano man, Kai!" He heard the MC announce to the auditorium and fangirls started yelling. Even louder when he exposed himself.

The spotlight was on him. 'Keep a straight face. You don't want to see derps of you surfacing the internet tomorrow.' He smiled as the camera zoomed in. Kai slowly approached the black grand piano. He sat down, fixed the mic to where his mouth amounted and started the song.

His heart pounded as he got closer to the chorus. Although he had a good voice, this song took him a while to reach the notes. 'Oh no.. Don't crack it Kai. Don't.' He thought. He opened his mouth for one last breath and held the note. 'Good Good. Just like that.' People started clapping at his magnificence. He did it. Perfect once again.

After the song concluded, he exited the stage and his manager and makeup stylists ran up to him. Chanyeol gave him a bottle of water. "You did great out there." he held two thumbs up. The makeup artist and stylist dabbed a dry towel on his forehead to get rid of the sweat. "Next we have a newcommer! On debut stage, give it a hand for, Shun!" the MC smiled at the camera. This was his first performance. It had to be great to leave a good impression.

He fixed his mic on his ear and the wall of the stage separated, revealing the new male artist. Girls fangirled over him right away. 'Alright Sehun. You can do this. Just pretend no one's watching you. ' He closed his eyes. The interlude started and it was almost his line, Sehun opened his eyes and sang into the camera, not forgetting his choreography.

When he completed his preformance, Sehun went to the backstage. Stylist surrounded him and wiped his sweat away. "Thanks noona." he smiled. "Oh Sehun." a familiar voice called from behind. "Great Job." of course it was none other than his manager, Suho. "Did you know the person you look up to is in this very room?" Suho pointed to the ground. "You mean.. Kai?" Sehun smiled. "Who else?" Suho grinned. "Well, can you spot the Kai?"

"Hrmm." Sehun looked around searching. In the back of the room was a crowd. ' Could that be him? From what I heard, he had alot of fans. '

"Yes Sehun. Thats him. You're one and only." Suho rolled his eyes. "You make me sound like I'm gay for him!" Sehun slapped Suho's arm. "Well, he's in a different company. When will you see him again? In the next Music Bank? Or Music Core? But what if he doesn't come?" Suho tried to persuade Sehun to talk to Kai while he can. 'True.' Sehun thought. "I'll be back hyung." 'Wow that kid finally had the balls to. ' Suho shook his head.

Sehun approached Kai slowly. He waited a while 'till the crowd subsided. "Ahem.. Annyeonghasaeyo." Sehun cleared his throat and bowed down. "Ah, annyeonghasaeyo." Kai bowed back in return. "Actually, I'm your fan." Sehun shyly beamed at him. "Ah, nae." Kai nodded understandingly. "Kai! Come on! You're going to be late for you interview!" Chanyeol signaled. "Sorry.. umm." Kai searched Sehun for a name tag. "Sehun." Kai bowed down in an apologetic manner, then walked away.

Sehun watched his idol's figure get smaller and finally disappear. Sehun sighed. "It's alright Sehun." Suho fixed his hand on Sehun's shoulder.

--

"Sehuuun-ah! Long time no see!" his blond best friend ran up to him. "What brings you here?" Sehun flipped through the Vogue magazine without making one eye contact with his friend. "What is this.. you don't feel happy to see your best friend?" Luhan frowned. "Well.." Sehun shrugged. "What's wrong with him?" Luhan mouthed over to Suho.

"Boyfriend dissed him." Suho explained. "Ohoho. Sehun-ah, did Mr. Piano Man break you're heart today?" Luhan fakely pouted. "Why do you guys always make me sound like I'm gay? I like girls you know." Sehun tossed the magazine and picked up the Cosmopolitan magazine with Ha Ji Won on the front cover.

"Because you know you're gay for him." Luhan taunted. "Anyways, manager-nim told me you met up with him. So how was it? Did you make a good first impression?" Luhan invaded his space. "Get away from me. As you heard he left me for an interview." Sehun pushed Luhan's face away. "I heard interviews were hotter than singers now a days. You jelly?" Luhan stuck his tongue out at him. "Don't be such a sour punch."

"I just stopped by to see my lovely friend." he poked Sehun's nose. "But I have plans tonight." he grinned. "With Xiumin." Suho added. Luhan nodded, waved farewell and left. "Hey Sehun! stop acting sour." Suho flicked Sehun's forehead. "I get it! You know I'll be alright tomorrow. Just let me have my moment right now." he rubbed the red spot.

"Aigooo too much drama Sehun." Suho sat on the couch and the t.v. The first thing that came on was Kai's interview from earlier. "Oh, it's being brodcasted already?" Suho implied. Sehun looked up at the t.v as soon as he heard Kai's voice. He adjusted in his seat and watched the interview.

--

"Jongiiee." his gigantic manager called. "Mm?" Kai looked up. "You have to compose a ballad song for that one group.. ah what was it? Oh, F(x)." Chanyeol handed him a stack of papers. "You'll have to sing a duet with them in their upcomming album." he explained. "Ahh." Kai nodded. "Get it done before the end of the month alright?" Chanyeol made sure he would.

"Yes sir!" Kai saluted.

Being a pianist and a composer at the same time isn't as easy as it would be. You'd still have to get some paper works done and you'd have to make sure your songs made sense and no tune is copied or sounds like any other. It was difficult but if you're having fun with the job the thought will leave your mind.

"Hey Jongie?" "Yeah?" he looked up. "Letter for you." Chanyeol handed him a sealed envelope. "From?" Kai snatched it away. "I don't know." said Chanyeol, "The mailman I guess?"

Kai ripped it apart. It was a contract to be in Moon&Star Entertainment. He was happy in Bliss Entertainment but Moon&Star was the home of the famous idols. "What is it?" Chanyeol looked over Kai's shoulder. "Contract. Moon&Star." Kai's stare went further into the paper. "Well, do you want to change?"

"Not sure." he folded the paper into thirds and slid it into the white envelope. "It's night we're tired. You can think about it tomorrow. Chanyeol turned off the lights. The only visible light was the radiant glowing of Kai's small desk lamp. He stared hard at the paper.

' This life with this family or that life with that family? ' Kai always wanted to be in the Moon&Stars Entertainment. "I'm going to do it." he whispered, careful not to wake up his manager. Jong In took a pen and signed the contract.

' It's always been my dream. The reason I chose this career is because it's my dream. I'm here to get there. I'm sorry Bliss family. I know most of you are like my family but I'm moving now. ' Kai put the contract between the screen and the keyboard of his laptop and shut it close.