Minzy

Amazons - fierce warriors tales

 

 

 

 “Next girl here is yet to learn how to kill without spreading too much blood. Don’t let her cute face fool you. She’s our most dangerous weapon, our blood thirsty beast… Minzy.”
-  Sandara

 

 

Silence is gold, of course it is.
But would silence still be gold if you couldn’t speak at all?
“Daesung, go take some water. It’s almost night and we must get in the tents before those Amazons decide to take a walk under the moonlight.”

The young man did as he was told, and peacefully walked to the river with a small bag and a wooden bucket.

He approached the cool water and admired the image for a while.
Everything was so pretty when the darkness of night was close enough for the moon to kiss the earth, spreading a beautiful shade of light blue everywhere; but not so close for it to be the only light.

Birds going to their nests, the small waterfall singing its melody, an unknown girl washed in blood close to the river… an unknown girl washed in blood close to the river?!
Daesung ran to where it was was.
She looked terrible, there was blood in every piece of her.

He looked around, there was nobody. He pocked the girl’s shoulder, she didn’t move. But she was breathing, so she was alive. And a living being deserves good treatment.
Growing up with a group of elders, Kang Daesung had always learned how to cure wounds. First thing to do: clean it.

He ripped a sleeve off of his shirt and washed it in the clean, cool water of the river, squeezed the thin fabric and slowly rubbed it on the girl’s forehead, wiping the dry blood away from all her face.

Her chubby cheeks were so cute that Daesung felt like biting them as if they were a piece of cake. He smiled at his own thought. Funny thing he was.
He cleaned the girl with calm and devotion. But when he reached the her neck, the cold fabric brought her eyes wide open.

“Who are you? Who sent you? Do you want to die?”, she asked in such sober voice, getting up. Her legs still had full strength, the knife she had in hand touching Daesung’s skin.

It didn’t take long for the young Amazon to notice what was happening. It was clear for her.
A man with a bucket full of water rubbing a wet piece of fabric on her body… he was visibly trying to enjoy himself with her.

“You pig!”, she cursed and angrily lifted her hand to cut his larynges out, but something had stopped her. A heavy pain on the right side of her body.

At that moment Minzy realized that the blood on her clothes wasn’t only the enemies’. She was bleeding too.

“Poop!”, she cursed in a whisper. Daesung made a face, disapproving the action.
The amazon fell sit on the river, the water reaching her waist, the open wound being washed, but the blood didn’t stop coming. Minzy was getting weak.

She felt a touch in her skin and instinctively attacked whatever had done it.
Daesung bit his tongue with strength, her knife a little too deep in his arm.
Minzy’s eyes widened, her expression softened in a mix of surprise and guiltiness. The poor man was just trying to help...

She pulled the knife from his arm without a previous warning or concern. Blood washing Daesun’g skin.
He would survive though. Minzy on the other hand…
She was losing too much blood too fast.

Closing her eyes, Minzy tried to ignore the pain. She tarted a low prayer, something her older mates had taught her for when she got hurt like that.
The amazon felt her wound burn a bit. Her prayer was working. She slowly opened her eyes to check on it and saw Daesung rubbing some kind of cream on her open wound.
He looked at her on annoyance and moved his body, taking an invisible shirt off.

“I’m not taking my clothes off.”, she said as if he had suggested her to eat vegetables.

Daesung tried to lift her shirt, but she didn’t let him.
He tried again, she tapped his hand. The movement of her arm causing the wound to open more.

“Ok, I got it.”, she said, lifting her shirt until the limit between her chest area and her belly. It was clear she needed treatment, the weapon that had caused that had probably been poisoned.

“Minzy-ah!”, they heard a female voice coming from the forest.

Daesung’s eyes widened.
To be out of their tents at that time they were probably amazons. They would probably kill him and take that poor, hurt girl with them.

“Hide!”, Minzy  told the man, her gaze into the forest as if looking for something important.
“Hurry!”, she insisted when Daesung grabbed her arm, an expression of fear in his eyes.

“This way!”, they heard the same voice from before.

“They’re coming, they’ll kill you!”, Minzy whispered in anger, “What are you doing?”, she asked, her voice shaking a little.

Daesung didn’t say a thing.
He nervously took some medicinal plants from his pocket, miming to be smashing them with an invisible axel, showing Minzy what to do with those.

“I got to smash them, I got it. Now hurry!”, she accepted the gift and told him to leave.
“Go, they’re not gonna hurt me!”, she whispered, when he refused to leave her.
“Go!”, she mouthed.

The always silent guy ran to save to his soul when he heard fast footsteps coming from the deep forest.  Whoever was coming, was getting closer.
Daesung  got a place behind some dark green bushes, his heart almost leaving through his mouth as his eyes nervously looked at the place he had been seconds before.

“Oh, you’re finally learning that you have to wash before coming back home.”, he saw an  Amazon say, talking to the girl he had met, as if they were close.

“She’s fine, girls.”, said another, slipping down the very small mound to reach Minzy.

Everything made sense in Daesung’s head now. The blood, the clothes and the tattoos… that girl was one of them. She was an Amazon.

He had touched an amazon and he was alive.
Any other man would probably brag about it, but Daesung was different.

He had seen an Amazon's face, but he wouldn't tell anyone.