Sandara

Amazons - fierce warriors tales

 

 

 

“She brings balance to our team, and never misses a target. You mess with us and she’ll take it personal. Men die to have her and women kill to be like her! Our babyface, the one and only whose name you’ll be calling, begging for mercy. She is Sandara!”

- CL

 

 


He ran and ran.
As fast as he could, he ran.
He had to, if he wanted to be alive when the sun reached the sky in the morning..

Jiyoung had insisted on separating from his group.
“We’ll cover a bigger area if we separate. It’s not Amazon’s territory anyway…” – he had said.

Foolish winemaker had now to pay for his naivety.
Every piece of land is Amazon’s territory.

It had been less than a second.
An arrow!
Fast enough for him not to see it.

A little more to the left, and it would have been enough to make him bleed to death, or perhaps, just die instantly.
Amazons arrows are more often than not bathed on poison.

Jiyoung’s heart beat fast. As fast as a man’s whose life’s obviously close to an end.

For a nanosecond, he had looked back, to make sure she would have lost him.
It had been enough for her to trap him.
That arrow had got him stuck to a tree. It was so deep on its trunk that two Jiyoungs would still not be enough to set one free.

He tried, uselessly, to take that arrow away. 
Panic growing in his chest.

If he had had time to calm down, he would have perhaps thought of taking his shirt off. He would be, most likely, scratched, but alive.

His panic became horror as the Amazonian raider made her way on his direction.
She walked, without saying a thing.
Obviously… she did not want to have a chat with her prey, and as an Amazon, she would enjoy each second she’d take to torture him.

“HÁ!” – Jiyoung shouted, bragging – “You missed!” – he said. An Amazon is never merciful, but they do tend to let you live for a while more if you prove not to be a coward.
He needed to gain time…

Without saying a word, the Amazon walked closer.

“G-Dragon!” – it was heard. A call from far, way too far.

“Heard that?!” – Jiyoung, trapped on the tree, shouted – “My group’s coming, and we’re five! You’re only one, so you better run while you can! They’re looking for me!”

He had tried to scare her away, but he knew very well that he would be dead when, better…if his group found him.
Besides, an Amazon never runs away.

He was dead afraid.
The Amazon would not say a word, and the closer she got, the more horrified Jiyoung grew.

“You think I’m afraid of you?!” – he said, when the raider reached a two steps distance.

He closed his eyes. An attempt at not seeing how the Amazon would attack him.
Attack... more like annihilate.

“You should.” – he heard the Amazon say.

That voice…could it be…

“Dara?” – Jiyoung opened his eyes. His tone with a mix of relief and surprise. – “Sandara?!”

The amazon took off her mask, reveling her face, and for Jiyoung’s deep relief, it was really his “Dara”.

“Baby girl, you scared me to death!” – he told her, stretching his arms, trying to reach for her.

Sandara took a step back. Her expression was not one of celebrating.
“That serves you well.” – She spoke dryly. Her arms crossed, her expression closed.

That had caught Jiyoung off guard. Why was his baby girl mad?
“Baby girl, what’s the matter?” – he asked. Had he done anything wrong?

“”What’s the matter” you say?! So you really forgot about me last night!!” – She said, poking Jiyoung’s chest, not bothering to make it light.

Last night…

It was all clear now.
Jiyoung remembered what had happened.

“I had a huge problem! The others are suspicious… they ask me who I always take wine chocolate to at least three times a day!” – he explained sincerely.

Sandara would always know when a man lied, so she knew Jiyoung was true.
He had always been true to her.

Still with a closed expression, she set her lover free by taking her arrow back.

“I’m sorry, baby girl…” – Jiyoung apologized, holding the Amazon, who had her arms crossed and a face.

“I’m sorry…” – he apologized again, pecking Sandara’s lips – “..sorry…” – another peck – “…very, very sorry…” – another peck.

Those little kisses plus Jiyoung childish act softened Sandara’s expression. She almost smiled now.

“It’s fine…” – she said, rubbing her nose on his – “Just don’t do it again…you know I hate it when I have to wait to get what I want…” – she bit her lower lip.

“Why don’t you stay with me tonight?” – Jiyoung suggested, with a bright smile.

“I’ll meet you in an hour, at the usual place…” – Sandara replied, softly biting his lower lip this time.

Jiyoung’s sanity was just a tiny little thing now.
He opened his mouth, but Sandara stopped him from speaking.

“Stay away from this area. We’re camping close to the river tonight, and if anyone sees you, they won’t think twice before hurting you” – she advised. Her face close to her lover’s. Her tone serious and concerned.

“Doesn’t your Goddess approve of winemakers?” – Jiyoung spoke, pouting. His arms around Sandara.

“It is men’s behavior that she doesn’t approve of!” – Sandara laughed, pecking her lover’s cheek – “but you should respect her, or she may punish you…” – she completed.

Jiyoung pouted, but became serious in a wink.

“I do…” – he spoke, looking into the Amazon’s eyes – “But it is you, Sandara, the only Goddess I shall obey…” – he said.

And they kissed under the moonlight.
Savoring each other’s lips.
Their love…
Sincere, yet forbidden.