Mission Issued

Idol Bodyguard

 

 

Beijing, China - - China Headquarters

 

“Alright, baby” You cooed, wiping the last smudge of gun grease over your prized sniper rifle. It shone brilliantly, like a black opal, in the well lit room of your base headquarters. Just as you were about to lift it and check the barrel again, a loud voice interrupted your thoughts.

 

Yo! Locket, time for a new assignment!”

 

You turned around and sighed in disgust when Gabriel, the top male bodyguard in your company (not to mention your EX), sauntered up to you with a letter assignment in his hand. You snatched it deftly out of his hands and turned away from him.

 

“I thought I warned you about reading my assignments before, Gabriel.” He shrugged with a smirk on his face and craned his head around your arms to peek at the letter again.

 

“You never had a problem with it before,“ he whispered seductively in your ear. “You’re going to like this one,” he added assuredly, falling away from you nonchalantly.

 

You huffed and tried to read the letter. Your mouth turned to the side and you bit your lip. “I’m going to like this one, eh?” you echoed, looking at his face then back at the letter. “It says I have to go to South Korea this time,” you added, slinging your gun over your shoulder and starting an even pace towards the girls changing area.

 

“Yup, back to your homeland,” Gabe agreed, following closely at your side. You stopped to glare at him and he smirked arrogantly in your face. The anger flared inside you. “I have a mind to beat you on the spot, Gabriel Lowes, do you understand me?” you spat in his face. His look faltered briefly and you rolled your eyes, starting up your walk again.

 

Gabriel bit his lip and started after you again. He firmly grabbed you by the arm and turned you to look at him, his eyes softening and filling with remorse. “Grey, listen to me, I’m sorry. It was one night and I--”

 

“One night was all it took to take it too far!” You hissed, pulling your arm back. You ignored the stinging tears that now attempted to cloud your vision. With a huff, you slammed into the girl’s locker room and promptly cut off anything else Gabriel tried to say to you.

 

------

After making sure Gabriel left, you made your way to the conference room several halls down.

 

“Agent Lockhart, at your service,” You presented yourself, kneeling before your boss and bowing low. He grunted and asked for you to stand up, which you did.

 

“Grey, I know you have qualms about Korea but this is a big assignment,” reasoned your boss, who held a copy of your new assignment, by the looks of it, in his hands. His name was Kyle, and he was a big-time dealer in security measures. He was also a large half German- half British man, and he was gruff, handsome-looking and feared by most around the company, all save for you. He took special care of you and always tried to give you the best assignments. Knowing that, you nodded and gave a soft sigh.

 

“Kyle, I know and it’s alright. I’m not that same little girl anymore.” You shouldered your sniper rifle and gave a small smile. Kyle sighed and rubbed his temples, holding out the assignment in his hand. You walked forward and took the folder from his hand, flipping it open. You saw the face shots and profiles of different men, all with short descriptions of who they were to the right of them.

 

“They are your next assignment. These boys are a part of a known boy group in South Korea and are in need of some supervision,” Kyle intoned. Looking up, you saw him holding a small mp3 or ipod in his hand. He threw it to you and you caught it nimbly. “Learn their songs, learn something about them. And Grey?”


“Yes, sir?”

 

“Stop by Renata and find yourself some street clothes.” He seemed to pause and hesitate a bit before continuing. ”Also a maid’s dress--”

 

You cut him off, your mouth open in shock. “MAID’S DRESS?!”

 

Kyle winced a bit and nodded. “A-Ah, yes.” Despite your shock, it was quite unusual to see the big German in nervous display in front of anyone. Most likely because he knew you bowed to NO ONE! A look of disbelief spread across your face.

 

“You. Want me. To wear… what?” Your countenance grew darker and you slowly stood up, pulling yourself up to full height in the presence of this large man. He seemed to push back in his chair and sweat-drop, gulping down spit noisily.

 

“Grey, come now. It’s a mission.”

 

“BUT WHY A MAID-ING-DRESS!?”

 

Kyle’s hand twitched and he lurched up into a tall stand above you, forcing you back down out of respect for rank. The look on your face seemed to burn holes at him though; your cheeks flushed red in anger. He gulped again and started.

 

“You know a mission is a mission. It just so happens this one may require you to wear—“

 

Your hand went up, the corner of your lips twitching in annoyance. There was no point in having to listen to your boss launch into an endless rant. “Genügend.  Ich werde es tun.” Shouldering the gun on your arm, you spun on your heel and walked away icily. Slamming the door to the conference room, it signaled the end of that discussion.

 

Upon your leave, Kyle shakingly sat back in his chair and heavily sighed. “That girl… ist beängstigend.

 

------

 

“Of all the things!” You hissed angrily, marching past a smug looking Gabriel. You carried your rifle on his side, as a signal to warn him off, before he tried anything. Idiot did so anyway.

 

“So. About earlier…” he tried to start, reaching out for your body again. Out of the corner of your eye, you grabbed and held his arm at a bent angle, forcing his face into one twisted in pain.

 

“I’m not in the mood.”

 

“A-arasso! Okay!” he yelped, huffing in pain. You made him repeat that word in five other different languages before letting him go and shoving him lightly away. Gabriel winced and made a face at you. “When did you get so touchy, Grey?”

 

You stopped and shot a deadpan look at him. “When did you?” The words seemed to sting him, their meaning quite clear to him, and he finally sighed and gave up, falling behind your step before turning into a doorway and disappearing. With a sigh, you walked around the underground headquarters until you reached a door at the end of the hallway you turned down.

 

*knock knock*

 

A smaller door rolled back and revealed a tiny Chinese woman inside. Renata was an elderly Chinese lady who was employed at headquarters to give any field agents disguises or clothing needed for trips abroad.

 

Wan shang hao. Ni hao ma?” You greeted, bowing in respect to Renata.

 

Wo hen hao, xiexie,” Renata flashed you a grin, producing a duffle bag full of clothing. A piece of black lace stuck out of the zipper INTENTIONALLY, by the knowing grin the old woman was giving you. “I got the call. I put your favorite body suit inside along with some street clothes.”

 

“Among other things, ahjumma,” You sighed in defeat, giving her the Korean endearment instead of the Chinese one. You opened the bag and grimaced, poking at the lacy material. “Yah, why do you even keep this kind of stuff around here??”

 

Renata cheekily waved you away. “No time to talk, more agents coming. If you don’t want to see ex-boyfriend, go now!” she said in choppy English. You ended up thanking her and grudgingly taking the bag back down the hall with you.

 

Somewhere in the bag, a phone rang. You stopped near the exit of the building and answered it. “Grey.”

 

“Agent Lockhart.” The voice was serious and professional. It was time to work.

 

“Speaking. Go ahead.”

 

“Flight time approximately 1900 hours, destination Seoul, South Korea. You leave in two hours at Beijing Capital International Airport. I assume you have your orders?”

 

“Affirmative. Grey, out.”

 

 

vectory.png

 

Phrases:

Genügend.  Ich werde es tun.”  ..... "Enough. I'll do it." (German)

“That girl… ist beängstigend.” ...... "That girl... is frightening." (German)

- - -

Wan shang hao. Ni hao ma?” ...... "Good evening. How are you?" (Chinese)

“Wo hen hao, xiexie.” ....... "I'm good, thanks."

 

vectory.png

Author's Note:

Okay, first chapter UP~ it's late, 5:18 AM Christmas day (:

Hope everyone is getting good presents and stuff!

COMMENT AND SUB