1

Why did I let myself fall for you?

 

“Mwo?!” I exclaimed as krystal told me about Myungsoo having a crush on her, while we’re eating Lunch.

Well guys, let me introduce myself first. I’m Choi Sulli, 17 years old and 170 cm tall. Not too skinny, not too fat.

My family owns a company in South Korea but I don’t act like a spoiled brat or something.

I just want to live like an ordinary girl and do what I want to do.

Fortunately, my parents aren’t that strict, but they hired a bodyguard just for my safety.

Krystal has been my closest friend since 5 years ago and we both study in Hyundai Chungun High School.

surprisingly, even in the 5 years I’ve been friends with her.

 she’s not my ‘best’ friend.

“yah you mean Myungsoo who….“ I tried to continue

only cut off by Krystal “Yes, that Myungsoo who used to like you for 3 years Ssul.”

You heard that right. Myungsoo, not so popular boy here in school but he’s got the looks and fortune. And yes, he used to like me. Only used to.

He liked me since 1st year but only confessed it to me during 2nd year.

Being so kind, I told him that I don’t want to have any commitments now but maybe in college, he could have a chance.

Until the 2nd months of 3rd year in high school, he still liked me.

But after that, he just stopped talking to me and started to ignore me. Maybe he knew that I like someone else.

“How did you know that he has feelings for you?” I asked Krystal curiously. I’m not jealous honestly, I really wanted to tell Myungsoo to stop courting me because………I like someone else. And TA DA! he now is my closest friend.

He started talking to me. I mean, it’s usual to talk but you know talk like every lunch break and after classes. And he started to message me stuffs like ‘Have you eaten? If not, then eat now’ and ‘sleep already? Goodnight little princess’ with smiley.

And if I didn’t pay any attention to him for a day he’s gonna be like ‘Yah! why did you ignored me Ssul?!’.

And he always messages me in the morning like ‘Good morning, princess. Don’t forget to smile.’


Krystal further explained. It’s not that she hates Myungsoo, but when Myungsoo was still courting me, Krystal doesn’t approve of him. I don’t know why.

Suddenly, the school bell rang. I told Krystal that we’ll talk about that later, then we went our separate ways.

When I entered the classroom, I found out that my best friend I mean my seatmate was waiting for me. “Had fun in lunch, huh?” Minho asked me.

Choi Minho, the famous guy in school, everyone call him “Flaming Charisma”. And yep, he is the guy whom I like, secretly even Krystal didn’t know.

but he only sees me as his best friend.

An guess what’s worse? He likes Krystal. I’ve been helping him towards Krystal, what a good friend am I huh?

“I was with Krystal” I replied.

I was teasing him and at the same time hurting myself. He didn’t respond.

“You know what, why don’t you approach her, I’ve been like a messenger for you two for how many years? One? Two? Three?” I continued.

“But . . . I can’t Ssul” he murmured. I knew it. He can’t. Why? Because he is shy type boy. Yes, he is. And it hurts more than anything.

Because he’s shy for the reason that he can’t confess his feelings to a girl, a girl which is supposed to be me. But no, he can’t confess his feelings for a girl, a girl which is ‘coincidentally’ my closest friend.


After a year, Minho still has feelings for Krystal. And he still hasn’t confessed.

 And me, well, I’m still being a good best friend, helping him towards Krystal. Still being foolest who hurting herself.

And that day came, the day when Minho finally gathered enough courage to tell Krystal what he feels. To make me realize that I don’t even have a chance to say that he’s mine. During lunch, I told Krystal to wait for me in the school garden after classes.

The truth is, Minho will come instead of me, and he will finally confess to her. 

Romantic? Tsk.

After classes, Krystal really went to the garden. I’m the look-out for Minho. I texted him that Krystal is in the garden now, and that he should confess now. Minho went, slowly approaching Krystal. When Krystal saw him, I texted her that I can’t come because my parents suddenly called me.Yep, I was peeking on them, I’m behind a wall where I can still hear how Minho confesses. How he say those words that will break my heart into pieces.

“Krystal, I have something to tell you,” Minho started.

Krystal looked at him, oblivious of what he is feeling. “I………l-like you!” Minho confessed, bowing at her because he is really shy. And there it goes, he said those words and for me it hurts so much more than anything. I can literally feel the pain that pierced through my heart my heart that is only for Choi Minho. I just can't feel anything but heartbreaks.

Krystal stared at Minho, dumbfounded. After a few minutes she started, “Thank you Minho but, you can’t like me.” Minho still hasn’t got up from his almost 90 degree bow. “I’m going to US after graduation and I don’t know when will i come back or if I will ever come back.

And you can’t like me because……..“ I leaned in, to hear what she is going to say to Minho, “because I like someone else. No, I love someone else,” Krystal stated, emphasizing the word ‘love as if rubbing salt on Minho’s wounds. Krystal waited for him to respond. I was waiting too but no, he didn’t stand up or moved. He stayed bowing. Krystal doesn’t like wasting time so she hesitantly walked away. When she was gone, he was still bowing but now, he was shaking. He’s crying, my prince is crying.

------------------------

 

Finally done with my first chapter! *bow* 
How was it? :-) Boring? Doesn't make sense?
Do comment below and tell me what you think! Thank you to those who subscribed and commented{}<3