Never Impossible

Once a first love, always a first love

After months…

 

Location: South Korea, Seoul, Gapyeong, Cheong Shim Peace World Center, Unification Church

Time: 15 October 2017, 2pm

 

 

How time flies.

 

It was Minhee and Jungsoo’s wedding ceremony today. The long awaited moment everyone was looking forward to.

 

Happiness, nervousness, excitement were in the air.

 

“Gaeul, I’m so nervous I can’t breathe properly. I feel that my heart will pops out any moment. What if I fall later and embarrass myself? What if I recite the wedding vow wrongly? What if…” Minhee grabbed my arm.

 

“You’ll do just fine. Trust me. Everything will go well.” I patted her. “Minhee ah, you are finally getting married and spending your entire life with Jungsoo. Cherish and love him well. I wish you eternal happiness.And remember, no matter what happens; I’ll always be here for you.” I squeezed her hand gently.

 

“Thank you Gaeul. Really thank you.” Minhee hugged me with hot tears streaming down her cheeks.

 

“Aigo, stop crying. Your makeup is going to get smudged, Mrs Park cry baby. Come on, it is time. Relax.” I .

 

The time had come. I sat down, mentally prepared for what was coming.

 

“Now let’s all stand and applause and welcome the bride, Cho Minhee.” The pastor’s voice echoed throughout the entire church.

 

Dang dang dang dang dang ~ wedding bells and music started to play and flowers were being thrown over Minhee.

 

Step by step, slowly and gradually, I witnessed a nervous Minhee walking towards her awaiting husband.

 

“Everyone please be seated. We shall begin the ceremony now.” The pastor called out.

 

Seeing Minhee and Jungsoo reciting their vows while looking at each other lovingly with happiness plastered on their faces, I felt consoled. I guess I really felt truthfully happy for them.

 

I, Park Jungsoo/Cho Minhee, take you, Cho Minhee/Park Jungsoo to be my lawfully wedded wife/husband, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live till death do us part.

 

“I now officially announce the both of us husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” The pastor announced.

 

“Mrs Park Minhee, I thank God for allowing me to meet and marry you. I’ll always love you forever.” Jungsoo spoke out.

 

By then, Minhee’s eyes were brimmed with tears as they hugged each other with everyone applauding and some tearing.

 

I gave my loudest cheers and smile. I was happy for them from the bottom of my heart. I caught Jungsoo looking at me and mouthing “thank you.” At

 

that moment, I knew that my decision was right. He got his happiness.

 

Likewise, he was once my first love and always would be one. This fact would always remain.

 

Looking back at Minhee again, I suddenly thought of what Minhee told me many years ago.

 

[Flashback]

 

Year 2010 ~ 2011

 

“Gaeul ah, I swear we’ll never fall for the same guy. Hahahaha. Our ideal types are so far apart. We don’t have to worry about either one of us being heartboken.”

 

Thinking back, well, that happened. But a happy ending afterall.