Journal 1

The Journal Entries

M/V Reference:

 

 

 

Right where JOO stood, she could see the whole view of Seoul in one glance. The shining and bright lights of the buildings and roads filled with vehicles were a beautiful sight to see. The wind blew against her cheeks softly as she took in the fresh air.

 

However, the whole atmosphere seemed to contradict her mood and feelings. Despite the best weather she had ever come across, her mood was feeling the worst. Her heart was broken. Her pride was destroyed. Her 5 years of boyfriend had dumped her for another girl whom he met for 5 months.

 

She closed her eyes, feeling the gusts of wind on her face, yet again. Instead of enjoying the soft breeze against her skin, she felt like the wind was blowing her away from her fears.

 

I hate the hotness, I hate the side
of me that loves you like a fool
I hate sad songs, I keep hurting inside
while I call your name again
with a blocked mouth

 

She shamelessly banged on the door of her boyfriend’s room to only find him opening the door – topless. She glanced over his shoulder to find a girl sleeping on their bed, or maybe his bed, covered with only a blanket. It was a sight she had never imagined to encounter. JOO glared at him fiercely, expecting him to come round and feel the guilt after being exposed to his dirty deed. However, his face stayed solemn and unchanged.

 

Even though she promised herself not to back down if she found out the hurtful truth, she still begged him to come back to her. She thought she did something wrong to spite his behaviour and gripped both his arms tightly. She loved him too much but it was of no use. He aggressively shoved her away and got her belongings out of the house.

 

JOO had the neighbours staring and gossiping about her behind her back about her stupidity and ignorance. Even the neighbours knew the truth before she did. She relentlessly cried at the door for hours before dragging her luggage and herself to the highest floor of the building. Letting go off her luggage and standing at the edge of the rooftop, her tears strolled down like a broken tap.

 

She closed her eyes and whispered, “The scenery. The scenery is breath-taking.”

 

Without a thought, she climbed over and stood on the edge bravely. She opened her arms widely to feel the wind against her body. Forcing out a smile, she opened her eyes to find herself on top of the building, overseeing the whole view of Seoul. “Goodbye, world.” She whispered before she decided to take her life for a person she loved so much.

 

“JOO! Stop!” Someone called out her name.

 

Expecting her loved one to be there, she took a step back and turned around. To her disappointment, it was not him. He had the same messy hair and tall build but it wasn’t him. Her smile faded and her expression became dull again, “What are you doing here? Leave me alone. Leave! I don’t want to see anyone.”

 

“Is it worth it? To die over someone who doesn’t love you?” He stepped forward and stretched out his hand, hoping she would change her mind, “He doesn’t deserve you.”

 

JOO gritted her teeth and grasped her chest painfully, “Chan Sung, you don’t know how much we have gone through. 5 years. I can’t forget the 5 years we spent together.”

 

“I’ll make you forget,” Chan Sung said confidently, “JOO, I’ll make you forget the past and remember the days starting from now. I’ll make new memories for you to remember forever. And that all it matters.”

 

Chan Sung had been a childhood friend of JOO since five. They had been together like buddies but JOO moved on when she found a loved one. Chan Sung had a crush on her since then but she had never realised. Always missing the timing to confess his love for her, JOO was gullible to believe that Chan Sung merely treated her as a best friend.

 

When she was attached, all was too late for Chan Sung but he stayed by her side like a guardian angel, being there for her every time she had a tiff with her boyfriend. Chan Sung had always been the quiet but still immensely popular with the girls. JOO had never understood why a nice and patient guy like him was still single. One day, she finally gained the courage to ask him a simple question, “Why don’t you have a girlfriend?”

 

Chan Sung looked into her eyes and gulped, “That’s because…”

 

JOO waited for his answer but she felt her heart beating really quickly for no reason and her face began to blush because of his intimidating stare.

 

“That’s because the person I like is with someone else.”

 

At the present, she finally understood what he meant by that time he answered her question. “Chan Sung…” She was deeply touched and she finally saw Chan Sung in a different light. Maybe, just maybe, somewhere out there, someone did really care for her.

 

Chan Sung bit his lips and admitted, “I have been in love with you for a long time. Let me have a chance to prove to you that you can be happy without him. Let me prove to you I am the one right for you, JOO.”

 

Suddenly, JOO started to break down and knelt down. Chan Sung took the chance and carried her down from the edge. He embraced her and started to yell like he always did, “Yah, I told you many times before, if you feel like crying, come to me immediately. Why didn’t you listen? I’ll be here to stop you from crying, pabo.”

 

If you tell me not to cry,
I won’t cry ever again
Oh Please don’t let go of my hand
Ah~ I`m so sorry
As this tender heart moves farther away,
it’s burning till it’s black

 

Since that day, Chan Sung burnt all of JOO and her boyfriend’s photos and threw all the gifts he gave to her. It ignited her anger at first and she punched him till he had bruises but she knew Chan Sung did it for her own good. He stayed with her all the time and made her happy.

 

Of course, the wound was never going to be healed but Chan Sung tried his best to mend it with his heart and sincerity. He bought her favourite food even if it required him two hours to travel. He slept on the floor while she took his bed and did not dare to fall asleep in case she started sobbing again so he would be there to lend his shoulder for her to cry on. Chan Sung was willing to sneak out of work whenever JOO said she was bored and needed someone there for her as he was afraid she would have negative thoughts and do something silly again.

 

However, Chan Sung felt everything was worth the time and effort every time he spotted JOO smiled, even if it was just a second of happiness.

 

After months, JOO was a much positive person. She smiled, laughed and joked with Chan Sung. Chan Sung was relieved to see his old friend back. However, JOO had started to see him more than just a friend. When they were just watching TV, JOO landed a kiss on his cheek and resumed staring at the TV with her heart beating fast.

 

Chan Sung was dumbfounded but secretly delighted. He intertwined his fingers with hers and both of them never spoke. After all, they knew what it really meant. It meant that JOO was finally ready to move on – to her new life. They were finally a couple after much time and difficulty.

 

They did everything like a couple. In fact, their relationship before being a couple was already like one since they were childhood friends. They knew each other inside out and never had to be embarrassed in front of each other. JOO felt so much happier than before, thinking what took her so long to realise her feelings for Chan Sung.

 

That went well for one year. It was almost their first anniversary. However, they got into a small quarrel that left JOO angry with him. He decided to seek her forgiveness and also, to seek her hand in marriage.

 

After this huge quarrel, he realised the importance of JOO and there was never another person he wanted to spend his whole lifetime with. A mere few days of ‘cold war’ and it was already driving him crazy. He wanted so much to spend the rest of his life with her.

 

Chan Sung bought her favourite flowers, lilies, at a nearby florist and typed in a text message, “JOO, I have something to tell you, wait for me.”

 

Suddenly, he felt his nose bleeding and drops of blood landed on his phone. He felt faint and shook his head repeatedly. The more he walked, the dizzier he became. He lost conscious and let go off the flowers that were in his hands. He collapsed on the floor.  The next thing he knew, he was in the hospital and the doctor was diagnosing him. The doctor told Chan Sung that he had nose cancer and he was at the last stage. There was nothing he could to do to save him. He had only six months left to live.

 

Chan Sung clenched his fists and the only thing he could think of is JOO. What would happen to JOO if she knew? No, she would have been devastated. She could not know, he thought to himself. He shook his head desperately, not worrying about his own health but thinking of the girl he loved the most instead. He had decided that there was only one thing to do.

 

Today, again, I’m standing in front of your house
Just waiting for you
I’m just a fool that looks only at you

 

Ever since they quarrelled, he had never contacted JOO for days. JOO was getting very restless and decided to visit him at his house. Chan Sung opened the door with listless eyes and dull expression. Without a feeling, he spouted to her, “What do you want?”

 

“You haven’t contacted me for days, I was wondering if you’re…” She trailed off when she realised his eyes were getting darker with every word she said. She had never seen Chan Sung this cold before. What happened?

 

I hate this coldness
The way you look at me
I hate the way you look at me Oh

 

“You.” He did not even have the courage to say her name, “You don’t have a place in my heart anymore.”

 

“What?” She was surprised. She never expected this to happen.

 

 

Chan Sung avoided her eyes, “These few days had me thinking. The reason for our quarrels and frequent cold wars has been suffocating me.” He tried to force out the next few sentences before he started to choke and tears were collecting in his eyes, “I don’t love you anymore. Let’s part ways.”

 

JOO grabbed onto his shirt tightly and asked, “What did I do? If it’s about the recent tiff we had, I’m sorry. It was my fault. I promise not to do it again. I won’t make you angry anymore. You cannot just break it off like this, Chan Sung. You promised! You promised!”

 

“A promise can always be broken,” Chan Sung flicked her hand away and put both hands in his pocket, turning away from her, “You chose to believe it. I’m sick of this relationship. I want to let it go.”

 

JOO felt her heart breaking once again. Unlike before, she did not beg. She did not wail like a young girl who lost her love. She stood there in front of him and uttered, “You’re a bad guy. You’re a bad guy. You’re no different from him. You’re worse. You’re worse.”

 

“Go.” Chan Sung could feel his heart breaking into pieces. He was almost going to embrace her and told her he was wrong and he loved her but he resisted that thought. Instead, he dragged her out of the house and shouted, “Don’t come back again!”

 

Slamming the door in her face, JOO covered and left his place.

 

Both of them could not stop thinking about each other. Chan Sung’s health was getting worse but nothing could beat the health of his heart which was getting worse by the day from the breakup he had. JOO called him multiple times but he never picked up. She tried again and again even though she knew it was hopeless.

 

“Chan Sung, give me another chance.”

 

“Chan Sung, I can’t go on without you.”

 

“Chan Sung, what am I supposed to do?”

 

I’ll do everything that you tell me to do
if we can just go back
to the way things were in the beginning
Ah~ I`m so sorry
My young self was stepped on so easily
I was ripped apart, and it hurts so much

 

JOO left her bathtub water running. She wanted a bath – warm bath on her own.

 

She left many voice calls but Chan Sung did not even reply once. She knew it was over. Chan Sung and her were over. And the worse thing was the breakup was even more painful than her last one – because the one who stopped her from crying was the one who made her cry.

 

What could she do from here? There was no one who she could rely on anymore. After thinking, she left the last message for him.

 

“Chan Sung, thank you. Thank you for everything.”

 

She took the bottle of pills on her dressing table and headed to the bathtub. Without even removing her clothes, she stepped into the bathtub with her mind wandering with many thoughts. The images of Chan Sung and her being together flashed across her mind. With each happy occasion she had with Chan Sung, she popped in one pill. As she thought of another, she popped another. Just like that, the bottle was empty – so was her heart.

 

This bad guy You’re a bad guy
I live my life looking at you only
I’m a weak girl, a nice girl
If you leave what am I supposed to do,
If you leave what am I supposed to do

 

No longer feeling her tears running down, her eyes slowly shut as she heard the water still running from the tap. JOO dropped the bottle on the floor and let her head rest against the wall. The sadness and sorrow was finally fading. And she would also disappear with it.

 

“JOO! JOO! Open the door!”

 

JOO heard blur echoes of his voice. She turned around; wanting to open the door but her hand was out of reach. The next thing she knew, someone broke apart her door and charged in. Against her will, the world turned pitch black.

 

Chan Sung carried her out of the bathtub and shook her softly and then violently, “JOO! JOO! Wake up! Don’t do this, please! Please…” He knew his efforts were futile when he saw the empty bottle on the floor and screamed. It was his entire fault. He had forgotten how vulnerable JOO was towards love. He had forgotten how much the breakup would hurt than losing him. He realised if JOO had loved, it would not matter if she knew they had little time together.

 

And they had to end things like this.

 

Chan Sung’s had six months to live.

 

Due to his foolishness, JOO had none.

 

 

Chan Sung cried while hugging her against his body and carried her to the bedroom. As he sobbed, he felt his nose dripping with blood. Wiping the blood again, he removed the messy fringe away from her face and lied next to her on the bed. He caressed her cheeks which were still rosy red and a tear slipped down and landed on the pillow. He whispered to her softly, “You’re right. I’m a bad guy. I’m sorry.”

 

With that, he landed a soft kiss on her forehead and allowing himself to fall asleep beside her – and never wanting to wake up again. He moved closer to her body, knowing that both of them would, eternally, be together.

 

A/N:

Hello guys, I'm back, well not officially. I had this idea of mine after seeing the music video so here's a story I came up with. Every story comes with a music video because the stories written here will be inspired by the video themselves. Each story will be just one chapter long. Thank you for reading and for my old readers, really grateful for you still here reading my stories despite my disappearance. I hope I haven't disappoint!