Final

Happy Birthday

 

It was a day, a very special day to our dearest Bae Jaeyeong. It is her birthday. Isn’t someone birthday a special day for he or she? Every year, she would celebrate her special day with her family, her love ones. But this year, she wish to celebrate with Jung Daehyun. The guy that she had a major crush on and he was her best friend.

Jung Daehyun the best of the best friend of Bae Jaeyeong. Never fail to make Jaeyeong laughed. Whenever Jaeyeong had some difficulties, Daehyun is always there for Jaeyeong. He even promise Jaeyeong that he would be by her side forever.

Daehyun is a guy who always keep his promise which make Jaeyeong trust him a lot and felt really secure when she is with him. She really like him a lot and wanted to confess with him so she could be with him. Jaeyeong is ALWAYS jealous when Daehyun is with the other girls, she just can’t stand it when some other girl tried to get close to Daehyun. In her mind, she is like screaming mentally, cursing the girl who get close to Daehyun to back off. Some time she would just glared at those girls to ask them back off.

But well, confessing isn’t something easy to do it. It takes courage. Jaeyeong wanted to confess but was afraid to be rejected because Daehyun might treat her as sister, nothing more. If she were rejected, that would be really embarrassing. This might make her avoiding Daehyun and lose a friend.

So, Jaeyeong asked Daehyun out for a date on her birthday because she wanted to celebrate with her crush. She dressed up happily on her special day and wore beautiful dress to school with a wide smile on her face, ready to ask Daehyun for a date.

However, the smile were soon faded when Daehyun told her that he couldn’t make it for her date because he have Science Club meeting with the members. Speaking of the Science Club members, it just literally pissed Jaeyeong off. She hate the club members the most because 70% of the members were girls because they wanted to spend more time with Daehyun.

Since Jaeyeong had decided to celebrate with Daehyun in the first place, she asked her parents not to stay at home to wait for her. But it was just too bad that Daehyun couldn’t make and you have to spend your birthday alone. Indeed, this year birthday is special to you. No one is there to celebrate for you.

It is already 8 at night. Daehyun didn’t even send a text or give a phone call to Jaeyeong to wish her a birthday or something. This make Jaeyeong felt extremely disappointed. *How can Daehyun be so heartless? He should have call and ask if I’m alright or not….* She thought as she sat down at a corner, looking at the moon and pouted.

Thinking how lonely is she during her birthday. *First time…. Ditch by Daehyun and celebrating my birthday alone. Meanie Daehyun!*Jaeyeong started cursing mentally.

*BEEP BEEP*

Jaeyeong phone vibrated. She took out her phone. Immediately her face drew into bright smile. She received a text from Daehyun.

 

To: Jaeyeong.

Where are you?

From: Daehyun

 

To:Daehyun

Celebrating MY BIRTHDAY. Are you finding me or not?

From: Jaeyeong

 

To: Jaeyeong

Stay where you are.

From: Daehyun

 

To: Daehyun

You know where am I?

From: Jaeyeong.

 

After sending the text to Daehyun, she didn’t received anymore message from Daehyun. Suddenly fireworks shoot across the sky with beautiful colours.

Passerby gather together to look at the beautiful fireworks display. *Wah…. If only Daehyun is with me, that would be good.* Jaeyeong thought as she pouted.

*BEEP BEEP*

To: Jaeyeong

Like the fireworks? Stop pouting and look behind.

From: Daehyun

 

With that, Jaeyeong turned behind and saw Daehyun standing a few distance away from her, holding her favourite birthday cake from her favourite bakery shop, smiling to her brightly with a party hat on his head.

“Jaeyeong-ah! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Daehyun shouted and walked towards Jaeyeong. Jaeyeong gasped in surprise and was touch that Daehyun actually gave her surprise.

“Here, make a wish and blow the candles!” Daehyun said. Jaeyeong nodded and closed her eye to make the wish. *I wish that I can be with Daehyun! Jung Daehyun! The one who is beside me now!* After making the wish, Jaeyeong open her eye and blew the candles.

“Hmm… what wish did my chingu make?” Daehyun asked. “I will tell you when it come true.” Jaeyeong beamed. *How I wish she would wish that both of us will fall in love together…. Should I confess to her now?* Daehyun thought.

“I thought you have forgot my birthday…. Didn’t you have a meeting with the Science club?” Jaeyeong asked. “How can I forget my best friend birthday?! And it’s your birthday, of course I would celebrate for you! I lied to you, I was preparing for your surprise actually.” Daehyun rubbed the back of his neck and smile.

“So…. Should I cut the cake now?” Jaeyeong asked. “Wait! I have another present for you. Here.” Daehyun took out a pink colour box with a ribbon at the corner. “What’s this?” “Just open first.”

Jaeyeong nodded and open the box. It’s an ipod. “Ipod?” Jaeyeong asked Daehyun with her big eye open widely. “yes. Aigoo…. You are so cute when you open your eye big!” Daehyun pinched Jaeyeong cheek.

Jaeyeong blushed. *Thanked god it’s late. Daehyun won’t get to see me blushed with his touch.* Jaeyeong bit her lips to prevent her from smiling widely.

“Thank you!” Jaeyeong thanked Daehyun and set the ipod aside. “Eh… wait!” “Huh?” Plucked the earpiece in and go to the playlist.” Daehyun explained and Jaeyeong frowned, wondering what is Daehyun trying to do.

There was a song in the playlist. “Happy Birthday?” “Yes. Just play the song and listen carefully. It is all true there.” Jaeyeong nodded and do as she were told.

 

 

 

After listening to it, Jaeyeong eye widen and look at Daehyun in surprise. “what….” “I like you… No scratch that, I love you. Will you accept my heart that I prepare for you?” Daehyun asked looking down waiting for Jaeyeong answered.

Jaeyeong did not answered she looked at Daehyun with open. “I understand….” Daehyun sighed. “Nonono! My wish came true….” Jaeyeong said. “Huh?” “I wish that I could be with you together….” “So you like me too?” Jaeyeong shyly nodded.

“Jaeyeong-ah, I love you.” Daehyun kissed the tip of Jaeyeong’s nose. “I hate you for lying to me!” Jaeyeong said jokingly and took some whipped cream and wiped it on Daehyun cheek and the tip of his nose.

“How dare you put whipped cream on me, woman! I’m going to revenge!” Daehyun said and tickled Jaeyeong. This make Jaeyeong giggled none stop as well as Daehyun.

Passerby saw this two couple were really jealous. Jealous on how sweet they were. Suddenly, both of their eye met, they paused away.

“Daehyun-yah. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

With that, they leaned forward to each other and kiss. Indeed, this is really a special day or Jaeyeong. Not only this would be Jaeyeong birthday, this day would be their anniversary too.

 

----------------------

Sorry if I disappoint anyone of you! But still hope you enjoy! Comment please!