Kiss of Christmas

A Christmas Gift

3rd Person's POV

Kai figeted around in his chair while biting his nails, deep in thought.

Christmas was coming soon, and he hadn't bought anything for his boyfriend of almost a year, Kyungsoo.

Clothes? No, Kyungsoo doesn't really care about fashion.

Bags? No, those things are for Kris to buy for Tao.

Stationary? What the Kai... He's not a kid.

Food? The stuff Kyungsoo dishes up are way better than any of the crap outside.

Then, as if a light bulb that was beside his head lit up, Kai got the perfect idea for a Christmas gift.

"Hello? Chanyeol hyung? Are you still at the photoshoot? Can you help me buy some things from around there?"

"Sure. What do you need?"

Kai smiled. This was going to be the best Christmas ever.

 

 

Kyungsoo's POV

I sighed dreamily as I picked out the pair of rings from beneath the glass display case. They were beautiful; sterling silver embedded with Swarovski crystals. It was the perfect gift for Kai.

"Please wrap them up. Thank you."

"For your girlfriend, sir?"

I blushed and shook my head. "Boyfriend."

She merely grinned and nodded, then proceeded to wrap up the small box.

I'm glad there are people who understand homouals are actually just like them, just that our ual preference are different. At first I was scared, but when I opened up to people around me, they accepted me for who I am and didn't judge. I slowly learnt to disregard the stares and homophobes, thanks to my family and the members.

Then I fell in love with Kai, who according to him, with in love with me at first sight. That, my friend, explains why he hung around me like a puppy during the trainee days. There was a whoie lot of drama before we got together, but that's another story.

I thanked the girl once again before taking the exquisitely wrapped present from her hands. She motioned a 'fighting!' sign and I waved her goodbye, before maknig my way back to the dorm.

I opened the front door and... no one was there to greet me. Strange, I thought Kai was home. Oh well, maybe he went out.

I went into our shared room and took out the box, and surprised to find a small note.

It read:

Even though i haven't seen your boyfriend, I think you guys make a cute couple!

Enjoy yourself with him this season of giving ^^

Merry Christmas! ^_^

- Dara (the salesgirl)

I smiled and put the note into a small box meant for reminders.

 

Days passed in a blink of an eye, and soon, Christmas was here!

I woke up energetic; the fact that it was Christmas sent adreline pumping through my veins. The next thing that hit my senses was the smell of pancakes. My favourite!

I pranced  strode into the kitchen, expecting to find either Suho or Baekhyun cooking, and guess who was it? Wait, how did you know? Tsk, no fun. Yes, I found Kai.

"Jongin, what are you doing?"

He spun around at my voice, and I couldn't help but laugh at his appearance.

His hair and face was partially covered in white flour, sugar could be seen in his eyebrows and lashes, and a small piece of butter was stuck on his fringe.

"Yah hyung! How can you laugh! I suffered trying to cook for you, you know..."

I pathetically tried to stop giggles from escaping my mouth, and pecked his pouting lips. He smiled and turned back to flipping pancakes.

I made myself comfortable on the breakfast bar top, and watched his silently. Even in a mess, and failing to cook miserably, he still managed to look cute and attractive at the same time. As Chanyeol might state: Not bad, not bad at all.

Then I realised something. Where are the others?

As if Jongin read my mind, he said.

"I asked Suho hyung to send all the other guys out for seperate dates so we can spend our alone time here."

I nodded and grinned.

"Hyung! Done!"

A plate of unidentifiable pieces was placed in front of me. I know they were supposed to be pancakes, but... I have to admit, they look nothing like pancakes. Despite that, I eagerly picked up a fork and bit into one. Well, at least it does taste like pancakes!

"How's it hyung? Give me the honest one please."

"To be extremly honest... It doesn't look anything like pancakes..."

His face fell at my words.

"..But they do taste fine. You did good Jongin!" I gave him a thumbs up.

He let out a breath of relief and plopped down next to me, digging into his fruits of labour.

We giggled and talked for a while, and the pancakes vanished one by one from the plate as time went by. Soon, nothing was left, and Jongin took the plate to the sink.

"Kyungsoo hyung, could you please make some caramel popcorn please?"

"Umm, ok. Why?"

"You'll see."

I got down to business, heating up the popcorn in the microwave and melting the cubes in a pot. 15 minutes later, I was done. And as I was about to discover, so was Jongin.

The living room was dark, with only lighted candles illuminating the sofa which Jongin was on. I walked towards him, a bit puzzled, as he patted the space next to him. Snuggling into his side, he took a bite of the popcorn and grinned.

"The popcorn you make is still the best."

I blushed and flicked his forehead lightly.

"So greasy."

He pouted and the the TV, and a familiar film came on.

"A Charlie Brown Christmas? You serious?"

"Yup, enjoy hyung, enjoy."

For the next two hours, we sat, laughed, cried (me), and hugged together, the popcorn long forgotten as we watched the heartwarming movie.

I sighed as the credits rolled in, and turned towards Kai, wrapping my arms around his toned waist. He, in turn, rested his chin lightly on my head, and we both basked in each other's warmth for a peaceful moment.

I decided it was the right time to surprise Kai, and sprang up towards the room, leaving him a tad shocked.

I came out with the box behind my back, smiling shyly at my gorgeous lover lounging on the sofa.

"What are you hiding behind you?"

My smile turned coy.

"Guess~"

He pouted, and walked up to me, pulling me by the waist into his arms.

"Tell me, please?"

I giggled, and just placed the box in his hand, motioning him to open it.

"Woah... Kyungsoo hyung, these are beautiful."

"Exactly why I bought them."

I blushed when he took my hand and slipped one of the rings on the ring-finger, and felt my face turn even hotter as I helped him do the same.

Our lips met at the same moment, and we shared our little kiss of Christmas.

 

 

 

A.N:

FLUFF HWAITING!

Even when I read it myself, I think Kai is sooooo cheesy /shivers/

So this is for you my KaiSoo shippers! I hope you enjoyed it ^^ I certainly enjoyed writing it. The BaekTaoRis chapter will be up next, and its !

SO ANTICIPATE~ I'll post it before Christmas ends :)

READ, COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE <3 I LOVE YOU ALL

xoxoxo, PP