This Christmas, I fell for You

Last Christmas

Last Christmas I gave you my heart

But the very next day,

You gave it away

She saw him with another woman in his arms in the restaurant. Her heart instantly broke into pieces. That woman should be her, not that other woman. She walked away, her legs felt like jelly and she felt like falling to her feet. She ran out the snow filled road and spilled all of the sorrow she felt. He had been doing this for almost two years.

"It's almost Christmas and this is what I get?" She asked herself, falling on her knees.

She sobbed, and felt the cold breeze swept on her face. she snow covered hr lap and she felt cold-numb.

She took her phone out and called him. When he answered, "Jaejeoong-ssi," she said.

"Oh, Jess, where are you?" He answered on the other line. She sobbed and couldn't get the words out. "Jess, are you crying? I'm worried."

She finally took a deep breath and burted it out, "It's over. I saw you with her. And don't try to find me." Silence hung between the lines. And her numb cold body felt like collapsng. "And don't try to ever come back to me."

She quickly hang up the phone, and collapsed on the snow. Her head was throbbing in her head, and her heart was in an unsteady beat. The snow froze her legs and hands. She felt like sleeping and never to ever wake up again. 

Suddenly arms wrapped around her and was carried. "What's happening?" She thought.

Then everything turned black.

* * *

Jessica's eyes fluttered open and she saw an unfamiliar place. There was a fireplace beside her nd a warm blanke draped around her. She looked around, and saw the place she's in. She's on a soft peach-colored bed and she felt warm. What happened before this? How did I get here? Those questions haunted her.

An aroma of cinnnamon and butteer filled the whole place.

Jessica followed where the aroma was coming from. Even if she didnt know the place, she still went to wherever it was coming from. She was soon at a kitchen. There was a man, baking something.

The man noticed she was watching him, so he turned around. He smiled, and said, "Hi." Jessica smiled back and noted to herself that this guy might be a or a kidnapper. "Here, you must be cold." He offered her a cup of hot chocolate.

Jessica gladly took it "Um, who are you? And why are you being so kind to me?"

The guy looked at her, hands on the kitchen counter. "I saw you on the snow and how broken you looked. I took you to my house and found out you almost had hypothermia. Good thing I called for a doctor. " He talked fast, but Jessica understood it. Sh smiled awkwardly as if to say, 'Thank you'. "Oh, I'm Lee Donghae, by the way." He offered her his hand.

"Jessica Jung," she took his hand in greeting. "Thank you for taking me to your humble home and taking care of me." She looked at herself and noticed that she was in a different set of clothes. "Uhm, where are my clothes?"

"Oh," Donghae said. "Don't worry, I wasn't the one who took it off and changed your clothes, my sister did. Your clothes were wet because of the snow so we changed it."

Jessica studied the man and noticed that he had dark brown shaggy hair, angular jaw line, and almond brown eyes. He was wearing a red sweatshirt and baggy brown pants. His sweatshirt was tight against his body so Jessica could notice his bod shape, making her blush. He was gorgeous. A beautiful man. She found him the most beautiful man she had ever met in her entire life.

"Jessica-ssi," he called, breaking her from her thoughts. He smiled, making her blush more. "Are you still cold? Your cheeks are red."

"Yeah," she lied. She was felt warm.

"Jessica, can I leave you first? My sister and I have some work to do. And if you get hungry, you could eat these sugar cookies I baked," he said, and left.

She took a cookie, and the cinamon flavor filled . It gave her a sensation in the throat, that made her realize the hunger she felt. She left the kitchen and returned to the place she was before. She sat beside the fireplace, and noticed that her clothes were neatly folded by the soft bed. She took it and changed into it before anyone can see her.

Whoever these people who took her in are very nice people, and has the most gorgeous man she had ever met. She never want to leave this place. It was comfy, big and warm. The people who lives here are very hospitable.

"I see that you are this girl my brother saved," came a voice of a woman from behind her. She tured around and saw a beautiful lady in front of her.

"Annyeong haseyo," she greeted, bowing.

"Please stop with the formalities. Call me Boa," she said and smiled at her.

"Jessica imnida," she said and extended her arm for a handshake. Boa took her hand and shook it.

Boa sat on the couch and Jessica sat beside her. "Jessica-ssi, do you know that you were asleep for almost three days?"

"Chinjja?" She asked, surprised. "Three days? So you mean I was almost in a coma?"

"Neh. My brother insisted to keep you and take care of you. The doctors put on some adult diaers. You almost had hypother--"

"He told me."

"Oh, you met him," Boa gasped. She suddenly smiled and looked at a different direction. It kind of scared Jessica. "He's such an ," Jessica thinks she heard her say.

"What?"

"Nothing," she looked at Jessica, and smiled. "Oh, you still can't leave till tomorrow. Doctor's orders." Boa stood up and said, "I'll meet you later, araso. If you need anything, just ask any maid in the house. They're everywhere."

She left Jessica by the fireplace and stayed there for the whole tme.

 

* * *

That afternoon, she felt like her bladder was going to explode. She needed to go to the bathroom but she ddn't know where it is.The house was a mansion for God's sake! She didn't just want to open every single door and check if it is a bathroom or not.

She found a maid dusting off the table tops by the hallway and approached her. "Excuse me, where is the bathroom?"

"There's one by the hallway, one just across this hallway and one right over your back. Most are in the bedrooms. ma'am," the maid said politely.

Without futher a do, she quickly ran to the bathroom and relased the held pee for almost an hour. Once she was done, she faced the mirror and saw big dark bags under her eyes.

The door suddenly swung open and a man came in by the other side of bathroom. Jessica quickly looked away from he mirror. "I'm so so sorry," he said, leaving the place. His face was flushed red.

Jessica giggled. "Ani. Gwaenchana." She passed by him, and smiled. "I didn't lock it, so it's my fault. It's a good thing you didn't come in whie I was doing me--you know," she said bashfully. She left him and walked back to her room, and entertained herself.

Soon it was night and the three ate dinner quietly.

Boa broke the silence and said, "Jessica, you can go home by tomorrow. If you're already fine, just saying."

"Am I being a bother?" Jessica asked, shyly. She forgot that she was staying in their house for days and she didn't even showed her gratitude for the kind siblings who took her in their humble home out of pity for her. "Thank you for letting me stay at your house. I'm very grateful for people like you guys. I'm going to leave tomorrow, and won't be a bother anymore."

Boa started to laugh. "Seriously Jessica, it's alright. And this is our first Christmas to have a visitor, we two usually by ourselves during Christmas."

"Oh," was all Jessica can say.

There was silence again, and they silently ate again.

* * *

Jessica couldn't sleep, as she took her phone and wanted to know if her little sister have been worried about her, but her phone was drained. She decided to take some air and walk around the mansion. She wished that the ights are not turned off.

It wasn't. So she walked and roamed the mansion. As she walked, she saw a door slightly open and took a glance inside. She saw Donghae inside. He was facing the window and had a scorned expression on his face.

Jessica decided that it was not her business and left him. She walked to the veranda and looked at the snow slowly falling to the snow-filled ground. It was beautiful, except that it was a sad and silent night. The wind  passed her cold, leaving her shivering. She was wearing a silk long sleeved night gon only, which was lent by Boa.

"You're all alone." Jessica turned around and saw Donghae in his usual black suit.

"I'm alright with it," she lied. Of course, she isn't alright, she's cold to the bones.

"You might catch another fever again," he said, chuckling. "I'm worried for you."

Suddenly Jessica was warm again. Her face was burning. "Your cheeks are red, I can see that you're cold," he said and took his coat off and wore it over her. "There. Still cold?"

Jessica nodded a no, and looked down. She was still blushing to Donghae being a gentleman. "Thank you."

Donghae smiled, and made Jessica even warmer, and have butterflies in her stomach. They both went silent, and Jessica awkwardly looked at the falling snow. "Jessica-ssi," Donghae said.

"Hmm?" Jessica asked, clutching the coat closer around her body.

"Can I ask you why you were by the snow the other day?" Jessica quickly remembered that day. That day was when she broke up with Jaejoong. God, she hated him, but still love him, somewhat.

"I was... My boyfriend was an , so I broke it off with him," she said, her voice cracking. "I still love him, and I can't seem to let him go." She felt tears sting her eyes. She brushed it away, chuckling. "I'm such a cry baby."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." Donghae looked sorry for her. "I shouldn't have asked."

"No, it's alright. I needed someone to talk to about it, and you'e the one who heard it from me." She maaged a smile. She sniffed away the sobs, and was soon gone. It was quiet again. "But why take me and take care of me? You don't even know me. I'm a total stranger."

"I told you before that I felt bad for you, and did a good deed to help you." He stopped and then he looked up at the sky, like he was remembering something. He suddenly said, "When I saw you, I was like 'Why is such a pretty girl on the snow?' So I got near you and noticed that you were unconscious. Before calling for emergency I took you to my house, and decided that a hospital would cost me a lot of money." He chuckled. "I just called a doctor, which was cheaper by the way." Donghae and Jessica whispered a laugh.

"You are very kind. A girl would be very lucky to have you as their lover. You're handsome, rich and kind," she suddenly said. He looked at her, and they both locked eyes. Jessica looked at his beautiful brown eyes staring at her. Jessica's heart was pounding in her chest, and she wanted to just wrap her arms around the kind stranger in front of her.

He looked away. "Well, that was awkward." Jessica nodded.

"Tomorrow's Christmas. Are you staying here?" Jessica asked. "With your sister?"

"Noona's going to America tomorrow, and I'm staying. My parents are going to arrange a wedding for her," he said, sadly. "I'm going to be all alone tomorrow."

"Hey, I'm going back to my house tomorrow, right? Why won't you stay at my place. my parents would surely be alright with it," Jessica kindly offered. 

"That would be cool," he said, smiling. "Thank you, Jessica."

Jessica nodded courtly. She yawned and said, "I'm feeling tired, I think I'm heading to bed." She started to walk back when his hand stopped her.

He pulled her, and she tripped. She fell on him. She looked up and saw his face near hers. She felt his hot breath against her cold face. He was already leaning in towards her. Soon, his lips were on hers. She didn't know what to respond. So they both stayed like that.

She wanted to feel his lips movig against hers so she draped an arm around his neck, pulling him closer and kissed him. She felt him kiss her back. Their lips pressed against each other rhythmically. They both shared a simple yet sweet kiss. Jessica felt herself drowning in his kiss. His hand pulled her closer with his hand on her back. The coat was slowly falling off her shoulders, leaving her cold.

"Oh, there's the two of you," Boa suddenly said. The two of them broke apart. Their faces were as red as a tomato. Boa laughed, and said, "I didn't know you two liked each other."

Jessica saw her wink at her brother. "I'll leave you two together and do your business." She walked away.

Donghae awkwardly shifted from his position. "Well, that was embarassing," Jessica muttered. Donghae took her arm and said smiled at her. 

She wanted to kiss him again, but restrained herself to do so. "Well, good night." She took the coat off and gave it back to Donghae. Donghae watched her walk away.

 

* * *

 

But if you kissed me now

I know you'll fool me again

Jessica quickly left during the morning. She left a note saying that she was thankful for taking her with them to be taken cared of when she almost had hypothermia, and saying that she was gone too long and her family would be so worried about her.

When she got home, a pair of hands wrapped around her. "UNNNIIIE~" She gasped. "Where were you? We were so worried sick for a week!" It was her sister, Krystal.

Jessica broke from her hug from her sister and said, "I was just with some kind friends."

"BUUUT~ You should have went home or called me--"

"My phone was out," she said. "Anyways, I'm tired. I'm going to bed."

"Unnie don't tell me that you've been with a guy." Jessica remembered Donghae and blushed. "And did 'it' with him." And their kissing moment last night.

"NOOO!" She quickly said.

"But you just go home on Christmas, isn't that--"

"Just stop. Stop it, Soojung," Jessica said, now she was annoyed. "I'll go to my room. Merry Christmas, lil' sis." She lef Krystal glaring at her.

 

 

"It's god that you're home today," Mrs. Jung said, as she hugged her older daughter. "Merry Christmas, hon." She gave Jessica a kiss on the cheek. "Let's eat!" She turned to the food on the table.

As they were eating, Jessica was asked many questions and she told them what happened for the past few days, but leaving her passionate moment with Donghae. "Omo, they're so sweet and so kind," Krystal said. She arched her eyebrows and looked at her older sister, "So you like him?"

Jessica blushed so hard. "Oh, stop denying it unnie, you like it. But you're still in a relationship but Jaejo--"

"I broke up with him," Jessica said, bluntly.

"But he was so perfect, so handsome and so charming," Krystal said in a dreamy tone.

"Well, why won't you be his girlfriend?" Jessica said so coldly. She stood up from her seat and walked out of the house. Her tears started to fall and she wiped it off with the back of her hand.

"Why are you sad on Christmas?" Jessica turned and saw Donghae, he had a different outfit tonight. He was wearing some plain sweatshirt and a pair of jeans.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, smiling. She was actually surprised that he was coming. How did he know I live here? "How'd you know where I live?"

"I have my ways." He smiled. I felt my heart beat so fast inside my chest. Sooner than I know, I was in his arms. "Merry Christmas." I was warmer. I am always warmer when his arms are around me.

I hugged him back. "It's good to see you here."

Donghae took her chin up and looked into her eyes. "I never had the chance to say that I..." Sh waited for him to say what he wanted to say. "I like--no, I love you." Jessica was shocked at his confession. "I know that you still love your boy--ex-boyfriend, I just want you to know how I feel."

"No. Donghae-ssi, you misundertood what I felt for him. I was in love with him, but I already let him go. He was a jerk."

Donghae pouted. "So if I ask you to be my girlfriend, you would dump with me if I become a jerk?"

Jessica already knew what he meant. "If ever, yes."

"Now," he said. "Would you mind if I do this?" He took her chin up. "And this?" He leaned near her face, and crushed his lips unto hers.

She was surprised at first, but she kissed him back. He pulled her closer by the hem of my shirt, and deepened the kiss. His hands pressed unto her arm, then to her waist, and then to her back. She s her arms around his neck and kissed him with the same urgency.

"Oh, how sweet!" Came Krystal's voice. They both broke apart from their locked lips.

Jessica blushed. "Krys, get back inside the house!"

"No." She said, her face serious.

"Aish," Jessica cursed under her breath. "Donghae-ssi, would you want to celebrate Christmas with me family?" She asked.

Donghae smiled. "I'm fine with it. As long as your sister won't ramsack me with questions."

Jessica's eyes widened. Donghae then said, "Yes, I'm asking you to be my girlfriend."

"YYYEESSS! Unnie, say yes." Krystal said.

"Yes, Donghae. Yes." He picked her up into the cold wintry air. She wrapped her hands around him.

They both went in the house, hand in hand. Her mother noticed and she asked. Krystal told them the whole story about the two, what she saw just outside. 

It was the best Christmas for the two. There was no boyfriend trying to cheat on the girlfriend. There was no lonely Christmas celebrated with a sister.

They both had Christmas. Everything was perfect.

Last Christmas is last Christmas, because past is past.