Chapter 2

Chance Upon A Chance [Hiatus]

 

I’m Hyukjae. Lee Hyukjae. And you guys are?”

 

“Yoona. Im Yoona.” She said happily. “And this is my best friend, Donghae.”

Scowling at the term best friend, he offered his hand to Hyukjae, “Lee Donghae.”

Hyukjae took the hand with wide eyes and shook it. Weird. He’s definitely weird. Bad news, Donghae thought. Although, every guy who he isn’t secured with was bad news to him.

“So, we heard you auditioned for the crew.” Yoona said, leaving his side and sitting beside Hyukjae. “Do you mind?”

“No, of course, please, make yourself comfortable.” He said shyly. “Yea. I did a few days ago. Though I still don’t have news with the results. I probably didn’t pass”

“Oh don’t worry about it yet. Our captain’s a bit...” she trailed off, looking for the correct word.

“Slow,” Donghae suggested taking the seat beside her.

“No not slow. Cautious. Yes. She’s a bit cautious with these kinds of stuff.” She continued.

“She?” Hyukjae asked, “I thought the captain was a guy.”

“Guy?” she asked. “What’s his name?”

“I can’t remember. But he was the one giving orders, telling us what style to perform next and when to start.”

“Noona was probably lazy again. Heechul-hyung probably took over.” Donghae said and Hyukjae looked at him questioningly.

“Heechul-oppa was once the captain of the crew. He quit after an accident a few years back. He acts as our manager though. He’s the pretty guy with the slightly long hair.” Yoona explained.

“Yes! That’s him. The one who was always looking at the mirror.”

Donghae laughed. “Oh don’t underestimate him. He may be always looking at himself, but he sees flaws in the movements better than anybody else.”

“What do you mean?” Hyukjae asked.

“One time, we thought he was busy staring at himself, we relaxed a bit. The song was supposed to be intense and the steps were really tiring. Since we thought he wasn’t looking, we didn’t really give our everything. He snapped at us immediately.” Yoona said.

“Really?” Hyukjae looked amused.

Eager to amuse him more, she continued rambling on about stories about the dance crew. Hearing the coach’s whistle, Donghae stood up, kissed her on top of her head and ran down towards the team. Sensing his departure, she watched him go before turning back to Hyukjae.

She wasn’t surprised to see him wearing a surprised look in his face. Immediately, she understood what he was thinking.

“Oh no. Don’t be mistaken. We’re just best friends.” She denied immediately.

“I wasn’t saying anything.” He said, one eyebrow raised. Then he chuckled and asked her more about the crew. Sighing with relief, she continued to ramble on. I thought I had lost the fight before it even started, she thought. Strangely, she did not know why, but she was attracted to this guy.