All I want for Christmas is You

Wishes Down the Chimney

“Kids! It’s that time of the year again”

“Umma!” she tugged on her mother’s shirt to grab her attention.

“What is it honey?”

“Auntie Yoona is calling us, can we go and write the cards now?”

“Of course you can, go on”

She watched as her daughter ran up to her best friend who was waving cards excitedly in the air, calling for her other daughter as well.

“Girls, did you both get what you wanted last year?”

“Of course we did! Don’t you see how good we are? Santa is always proud of us”

She let out a sly smile before she huddled them close, whispering a secret. “Rumor has it that Santa sometimes visits naughty kids as well”

“Anniyo auntie, you got it wrong!” They immediately sat back discrediting her. “Santa doesn’t like naughty kids.”

She felt a warm fuzzy feeling build inside her knowing that she has personal evidence that he did. She dismissed the topic with a smirk before turning to her nieces, “Maybe we can ask in the letters. Let’s start”

 

Dear Santa,

Yes, you. No matter how many letters are sent to you at Christmas time, mine never seems to get lost in the pile. I do believe that you read each and ever of these letters, but let’s face it, we all know how lazy you can get. That is no excuse though for not planning this year’s wish once you read this letter. I think that I have greatly corrected my attitude since that year don’t you think? It is a must that you grant me this one wish:

  1. Add your own request here.

P.S. Preferably something romantic, and sweet… and absolutely memorable… literally.

Love,

Im Yoona

-------------------------------------------

 

The girls had gone to bed and she was left sitting with Jessica and her husband in front of the fire place.

“Yoong, where’s Seunghyun?” he had spoken up as he cuddled his wife close.

“Not here with me so that I don’t have to see this gross sight” she stuck her tongue out at the cheesiness of the couple.

“No, we’re serious Yoona. It’s been four years in a row where he can’t join us for a Christmas celebration.”

“It’s not a big deal, I’ll be seeing him later tonight. I told you, he has his own business to deal with as well. With his family and parents and stuff-”

“He could invite them here just like everyone else. Your family came today, and Yuri even brought her second uncle today.” He butted in again.

“Ji, I know you’ve gotten super close with him but don’t be bummed that he’s not here. Jess, you should be getting jealous”

“Oh no it’s totally fine with me. I wish he was here too”

“Yah! How could you admit your crush on him so openly in front of your husband” he scowled as he released her from his grasp.

“It’s not a crush. He’s just some beautiful eye candy”

“Yah Jess! You can’t say that about my boyfriend!” it was her turn to speak up.

“I’m just saying, you landed yourself a good one Yoona. Besides, you know there’s no one I would ever want more than my hubby” she lovingly caressed his face as his features softened and he placed a soft kiss on her lips.

Yoona watched in horror before she got up to her feet. “That’s it, I’m out of here”

-------------------------------------

 

She had intended to stay up for him however when she glanced at the clock, she realized that she was waiting later than usual. Feeling sleepiness seep in, she decided to take a moment to rest so that she could revitalize her energy for the rest of the night with him. Although she wasn’t having a nightmare, her brows were furrowed as a feeling of uneasiness crept through her. She wasn’t awake enough to comprehend her feelings, however, it was enough to make her toss and turn.

Doing what he did best, he quietly snuck into her room before he knelt beside her bed in alarm. He immediately reached up to her tender face, not knowing that his frozen fingers would cause her to spring up in her bed.

Her breathing was uneven as she looked around before spotting him beside her. A wide smile spread her face forgetting her feeling of amiss as she pulled him in for a tight hug. He relaxed into the hug as he wrapped his arms around her.

“You’re so cold” she whispered as she hugged him even tighter.

“Not at all”

She pulled back, pouting before she lifted her blankets so that he could lay with her.

He happily obliged as he lay down, pulling her close to him as she snuggled on his chest.

“I’ve missed your white hair”

He chuckled at her sentence. “Me too. On the day of Christmas, when I get all the flashbacks of my time as Choi Seunghyun, I almost got use to my black hair.”

“Too bad Choi Seunghyun doesn’t remember himself with white hair. We do some crazy stuff on Christmas don’t we?” she added playfully causing his chest to rumble.

“Indeed we do Miss Im. Speaking of, don’t I have a wish to fulfill?”

She immediately sat up in excitement. “Yes you do! Did you already think of something?”

“Your wish had me staying up all night, thinking about what I should request.” He whined, pursing his lips together.

Instead of invoking sympathy like he had intended, he had only made her even more expectant to his plans. “So this means that you thought of something good right?”

“Yah! I just got back from delivering presents half way around the world, you can’t cut me some slack?”

“Nope! Since this girl gets the best present right?”

“Then what are we waiting for?” he gave her a quick wink which made her heart melt before he took a hold of her hand pulling her outside.

Of course being the serious man he was, he had forgotten to let her put on a jacket as the back door opened again to reveal an arm poking through to grab the sweater on the hanger. Her laughter echoed outside before footsteps running through the snow was heard.

“How many times have I told you to put on a thicker coat?” she had scolded him as they were flying through the air on the sleigh.

“And I’ve told you that I’m perfectly use to the cold”

She stood up upsettingly. This was a sight that he was used to seeing for she would do it every time. She found it absolutely thrilling and he found it just as thrilling watching her. He sat back awhile, watching her sulking being washed away as she enjoyed the cold wind.

“That’s why I have this” he had stood up, revealing the blanket they had used on their first ride. He wrapped it around his shoulders before he came up behind her and draped it over her as well, wresting his chin on her shoulder. 

In brief moment, he felt his body going limp as she glanced behind her to see why so much weight was on her shoulder. “Seunghyun?” she immediately corrected herself remembering that it wasn’t his name. “TOP, are you okay?”

His eyes reopened as the moment of pain passed, before he gave her a reassuring smile. “Just tired that’s all”

She had innocently believed him as they stood in silence for a while before she spoke up again. “You didn’t tell me where we’re going”

“You’ll see soon”

--------------------------------------------------

Her jaw dropped as they stood in front of the fully lit village. Light’s hung everywhere, from the ones hanging from the streetlights all along the street to the colourful ones on each and every house. She quickly closed when she had thought it would become frozen in place. It was much colder and he sensed that she wasn’t use to it as he draped his jacket onto her.

“Is this… is it…”

“Welcome to the North Pole Yoona”

Suddenly, as if an announcement had been made, heads were popping out doors or pressed against windows before there was a light chatter as everyone stepped out onto the street. They crowded around the couple as she suddenly became shy and tried hiding behind TOP.

“Guys, this is Yoona, the one you always tease me about” he had introduced proudly, pulling her to his side. “Yoona, these are the elves”

“Annyeonhasaeyo” she had bowed politely. “You guys are quite…. Tall”

They had all smirked as she realized what she had just said. “I didn’t mean to-”

“You found yourself quite the funny one haven’t you TOP? Its fine with us, we realize the stereotype. It’s nice to finally prove it wrong.” The elf with the nametag Daesung had spoken up.

“So this is the famous Yoona hey?” spoke up Seungri.

“Famous?”

TOP had cleared his throat, warning them to not utter another word.

“He talks a lot about you”

“And shows us many videos of you.”

“And is usually daydreaming about you-”

“Yah!!” he had interrupted them embarrassingly as he saw Yoona trying to hold her laughter.

“Anniyo!” she had intervened enthusiastically. “Tell me more” she was lured into the crowd of elves as they started walking away together, leaving a dumbfounded TOP.

Amongst their chattering, suddenly in sync, they had all stopped on their spot as they slowly turned to TOP causing her to look around confusedly.

“Wait…. Has she met your mother yet?”

He his lips in nervously, “No”

---------------------------------

All the elves had scattered back to their homes to get rest from their day of hard work as TOP and Yoona continued to walk the deserted streets towards the farthest building down the road. The outside was fenced with giant candy canes and was brightly lighted just like the houses. There was smoke coming out the top of the chimney causing her to figure it to be the toy factory. Her grasp on his hand tightened as they neared the building.

“What’s your mother like?”

“You’ll see in a bit”

“No don’t do that to me! I need to be prepared. From the sounds of her, I’m a little worried”

“Remember when we first met?”

She nodded as she recalled their first Christmas together.

“Let’s just say she was like how I used to be… but a little more extreme on the strict side”

“How little?” she pried slowly.

“N-not by that much?” his stuttering had revealed his lie as she pulled on his hand before they entered.

“I’m a little scared”

“No girl has ever charmed me before… and trust me, there are lots of girl elves up here”

The first part of his sentence was lost as her head snapped up when she heard the second part.

“Girl elves? I bet that’s why you’ve never taken me up here before huh?” her jealous side rose as his eyes widened from his mistake.

“Didn’t you hear the first part? You’re the only one that has my heart. You will turn my mother’s heart as well, just like you did with mine”

She scowled briefly. “In one night” she added smugly before pulling his hand through the doors.

-------------------------------

She had her head hung low and her hands intertwined with his as she waited for Mrs. Claus to turn around.

She had already heard the two entering, however, she did not want to acknowledge their presence as she continued to stare outside the spacious windows.

“Mother” he had called to her seriously. “Greet my girlfriend”

“I’ve seen her many times before”

Yoona silently cursed to herself for having a boyfriend from the North Pole, they know if she’s been good or bad.

Finally turning from the window, Yoona had a chance to bow and give her greetings which were coldly dismissed.

“Whenever TOP goes back to being Choi Seunghyun, I stay up here, watching him closely fearing that he would get involved with unnecessary people. You are part of that category Miss Im”

She bit the insides of , hurt by the words uttered by her.

“Umma” his tone was deep as if he was cautioning her.

Seeing the anger that was rising in him, she silently nudged him, causing him to look at her. She gave him a quick shake of her head before she braced him with a small smile. “Please excuse us for a moment”

She saw his eyes widen in surprise however he obliged after a quick glance back at her before he was out the door.

“It is always nice to know that you care about your son. I understand why you might be worried, I am the link to a night that he should forget but-”

“It is dangerous. You may not think so but him remembering puts our whole future on the edge.”

“He would never reveal this secret even if he did remember clearly. He may forget his memories but he would never forget his feelings. His feelings towards his friends up here, towards you, it will always be stronger.”

“How are you so sure?”

“Because I know him. These past four years, I’ve been getting to know him and reliving memories that he should have forgotten. Do you know how scared he is when he comes to my door, desperately asking for answers to why he out last night?”

“I watch it every year Yoona.” She had replied sadly.

“He needs the assurance that he’s not going crazy… you have to give him that. I give him that”

Yoona observed as she straightened up, staring her straight in the eye. “He’s probably waiting for you outside, I won’t interrupt the rest of your… date night”

A genuine smile lined her face as she bowed again, heading out the door where she saw TOP with his ear pressed against it.

“How’d it go?” he asked anxiously.

“I think we’re getting along just fine”

His body visibly relaxed as he heaved a sigh before a relieved smile was plastered on his face. “Of course, it’s you after all” He suddenly turned to her. “As you two were talking, I thought of a place I’ve been wanting to show you, come.”

---------------------------------------

 

“What kind of place is this?” Her eyes were sparkling in amazement as she glanced around the glassed globe-like room. There was a beautiful garden in front of her, filled with flowers she had never seen in her life. Some were gigantic, growing to almost her height while others were strange looking. There was definitely an assortment of colours, in shades she’s never seen, and a variety of shapes. “How does a place like this exist here?”

“It’s like a greenhouse. There is only one place where the sun shines strongly on the North Pole and these are the kinds of plants that grew here. Seeing how magical they were, someone had decided to encase it and it flourished into this” his hands waved up in the air.

He led her up a set of winding stairs that were wrapped in vines of flowers up to a small platform where the whole room could be observed. He let her sit down as he stood a few steps down from her so that he could almost be face to face with her.

“When my father was still alive, he took me here once every year. Told me to one day take the girl I loved here”

Her lips parted as her eyes softened onto his features.

“To show her that things that she thought were impossible could be attained. In recent years, as I visited this place, I feel like it was more of a lesson for me. You are that impossible to me Yoona. Sometimes, you feel like a dream. You made me more like my father, something I thought I had forgotten to do once he left. To lose you is to lose a part of me. In saying that, Im Yoona… Will you marry me?”

Her heart was pounding so hard that she couldn’t breathe as she watched him awkwardly kneel on the stairs, revealing a small yet beautiful ring in front of her. The only thing it let her do was nod like an idiot while it triggered tears in her eyes as she flung her arms around him.

“You will? He had asked in disbelief

“I will marry you TOP”

Her answer had made him the happiest man alive as he pulled away, forehead resting on hers. Their lips were mere touching, but just when he saw her eyes close, he clutched onto his chest, gritting his teeth in pain as he immediately turned away from her.

She blinked a few times as her eyes reopened in confusion.

“We need to go” his curt sentence ruined the moment as he took her hand again, not missing the disappointed look on her face as she agreed.

As he took a few steps down, the ache eased slightly, although he could still feel the faintness. He knew exactly what was happening to his body, but twice was the pain of admitting it to her.

He immediately turned around to her and pulled on her hand causing her to stumble from the step she was on into his arms. He fought through the hurt, telling himself that he would never let it get in between what he wanted. Her gasp was heard in his ears, then a quick pause before their lips locked against each other’s. Her kiss had made him momentarily forget about his pain as their heads moved from side to side in a frenzy of heart wrenching kisses. Finally, as he pulled away, they were both breathless.

Now let’s go” he had repeated, bringing a smile on her face before they left the warm room into the cold again.

--------------------------------------

 

“If you’re married to Santa, you have to look the part”

They had walked through the factory until they reached a massive room. Upon opening it, she had thought she was in a fairy-tale. The room wasn’t a room at all, it was a full closet divided into dresses, shoes, shirts, pants, and even accessories.

“I can get use to this” she whispered in awe making him laugh at her reaction.

“Daesung and Seungri are on their way to help you pick something”

“Where are you going?”

“I have a few things to do, but I’ll be right back to see my gorgeous wife” he looked intently at her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ears.

“When have you become so cheesy?” she had looked at her feet bashfully.

The two elves were happily jogging towards the couple, much to her disappointment of the spoiled moment again and to his relief for he needed to get away before his pain was evident.

“I’ll see you in a bit” he gave her a small smile as it disappeared with him down the hall.

“What’s up with your clothes Yoona?”

“Huh?” she looked down at herself to see that she was wearing old jeans and a plain t-shirt. She giggled sheepishly, trying to explain to them that she was in a rush.

“You are just like him. He judged what I was wearing the first time we met too” she pouted

“We are quite stylish up here” they winked before they pushed her into the closet.

-------------------------------------------------

 

“We have already drained the supply of Christmas spirit… there is nothing left to spark your heart again”

He was lying there, staring blankly at the monitor in front of him. He was plugged into various machines. His heart rate was irregular, showing at abnormally low beats per minute. He felt drained and strained to breathe and talk. “Why this year?” he whispered.

“The weather this year has been especially depressing. Icy roads, blizzards have caused countless accidents and most of them ending in deaths leaving families mourning and forgetting about the cheer of Christmas. As well, there has been typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines that devastated the whole world. There is no Christmas spirit this year.”

“There’s nothing that can be done is there doctor?”

“All we can do is wait. Please, you need to go in and rest now”

“I just need to go somewhere first.”

“TOP-”

“Just for a few minutes”

----------------------------------------------------

She stepped out in a tight red dress, paired with deep red pumps. She looked expectantly at him who was using all his might to stand.

“You are the most beautiful girl in the world” the sentence came out easily for him as her radiating beauty eased his struggle. Not for long though, for as he blinked a few times, the world had turned dark. The last thing he saw was her running towards him as he collapsed onto the ground.

“TOP?! TOP !!!” she was wildly shaking his still body as she lay his head on her lap.

“What happened to him?!?!” she desperately shrieked for answers as the doctor finally caught up to him and the elves now had their heads hung in grief.

“This is the consequences of his job Yoona” Seungri had spoken gravely.

“What?” she was impatient for an explanation.

“He is a figment of the imagination, created and loved by the world. They’re spirit, their joy is used to run his heart so you can imagine what happens when that vanishes. It was weak today, as weak as it had been the day his father passed away.” The doctor, being the most experienced with the situation had explained carefully.

All the while, tears were streaming down her face as she looked down lovingly at his face. He was colder than she had ever felt him before. “TOP. It’s your wife. Can you hear me?” she shook with tears. “How could you ask me to be your wife and just disappear like this huh? HOW COULD YOU?!?” she cried her heart out as she buried her face into his chest, staining it with her tears. She sniffed as she stilled, listening.

“H-his heart is still beating. It’s still beating doctor!”

He immediately moved to his side, confirming that it was. He ordered the elves to carry him carefully to his house where he could rest before they can gather the last bit of Christmas cheer as the night moves on.

“We’re just going to wait?” she had asked in disbelief.

“That’s the only thing we can do”

“There has to be another way” she had found hope within herself as she quickly scurried to her feet, grabbing her jacket and barging through doors so that she could get out.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

She was stopped by a commanding voice as she turned around to find a fuming Mrs. Claus.

“TOP, he can survive… I know I can help, I just… I just-” she found her head empty, not exactly sure what her plan was.

“You’ve done enough Miss Im. He’s in this state because of you!”

“Excuse me?”

“This is exactly how his father passed away. He was too jolly, too busy enjoying life and living it to the fullest that his work came second. How was he to convince people to believe when he didn’t put his heart into it? TOP was doing fine, he was focused and driven so that he wouldn’t end up like this father. Now look at him, deranged in this relationship with you!”

She stood there, standing in silence before her head lifted, staring her straight in the eyes. “Our love will never be a fault.” She was about to march off again before she heard Mrs. Clause call out to her.

“Someone like you won’t be able to do anything.”

“He just proposed to me” she announced causing her eyes to go wide. “If you think I’m just going to give up on him, you haven’t been watching me very closely.”

------------------------------------------------------

“Please take care of me. I need to save him” she had spoken softly to the reindeer in front of her, petting them softly before she dangerously hopped into the sleigh. As if the reindeer had understood her plea, she was already up in the sky when she hadn’t even done anything yet. Before she knew it, they were roughly landing in an open park near central downtown. She immediately got out, not affected with the impact at all.

“If anyone sees you I’m in trouble. Go. Go back to my house, stay in the backyard okay?” she had ordered them, and with a gruff snort, they were through the air. She recognized this part to be close to Jessica’s house as she was immediately on her feet, sprinting through the field.

The pounding at the door woke the whole family, and just when the door was open, she immediately barged into the house urgently.

“Yoong? What are you doing?”

She did not answer them as she immediately went to her point. “Do you believe in Santa?”

“Huh?”

“Please answer me. Do you believe in him?”

“We do auntie!” the girls had called out as she flashed a grateful smile towards them. “Sica? Ji? Do you guys?”

They gave each other weird stares before they pulled her into the kitchen so that the girls wouldn’t hear them. “We’re not children Yoona. Of course we don’t”

Tears sprung to her eyes, she did not know what she was going to do from here when her best friend didn’t even believe. “Never mind. I’m leaving”

“Yoong-”

With her rush to get out of the house, a phone fell out of her pocket and was immediately picked up by the girls. “Mommy? What’s this?”

It was handed to her as she unlocked it seeing that there was no password.

After a moment of analyzing it and scrolling, her jaw dropped as she turned to her husband. “No way….”

-----------------------------------------

Due to the ruckus her trusty reindeer had caused, people had gathered in the main square of downtown. Reporters and newscasts were functioning, broadcasting on the television that it had been aliens that landed. Witnesses were interviewed saying that it was shimmering with light like a UFO. She had pushed herself through the crowd of people as she stood on top of a bench. Her urgency did not allow for her thoughts to be worded in a way to make any sense however it did make her get over the fear of judging stares.  

“Can I please have your attention?” her attempt did not work as people were busy chatting among themselves. “Um excuse me” again, it was futile. “Shut up!!” her clear voice rung through the cold night as the crowd was finally shushed.

“We- Umm… We all need to make a wish list right now. A wish list, to Santa.”

Although she was dead serious, her sentence had erupted mirthful laughter from the crowd as they got back to talking, paying no attention to her.

Far off in the crowd, unbeknownst to Yoona, Jessica and her family were running into it trying to find her.

“Ji, stay with the girls, I’ll find her.”

Just as he agreed, when he turned around, he saw his two girls barging in front of a live newscast camera. He had meant to pull them back but received a glare from one of his daughters that caused him to stay afar, watching them.

“We know what the crash was. It was Santa! Santa was here!”

They received a weird look from the reporter who apologized to the camera, trying to push them away.

“We can prove it! This is Santa’s wish list. The list that lets him know what everyone wants. They started reading off some of the names of the people on the list and what they wanted. “Appa wants Umma to pay more attention to him instead of us” they had innocently read off when they saw their father’s name.

“That’s great girls but I need to get back to business-”

“What’s your name?”

“Jung Hyosung”

“You want to get rid of the TV in your house because you think your boyfriend would rather watch anything other than your newscast”

Her eyes went wide with shock as she subtly whispered to them, “You weren’t supposed to reveal that!”

-------------------------------------------

 

“Please just listen to me!” she bellowed, causing eyes to roll as they begrudgingly turned her way. “Please. There is a man that I love who is about to die right now.” Her tone was desperate. “He is suffering because no one chooses to believe anymore. No one lets their imagination run and I bet no one cares what I am saying right now. Am I wrong?” She was hysteric as tears brimmed her eyes again. “What have we become that on the day where we should be at home with our family and friends we are out in the middle of the street chatting about an alien landing? Huh? It’s Christmas, but it certainly doesn’t feel like it. I know that it has been a horrible year, but no one says that you can’t celebrate for those that you lost. To let them know that they will be thought of through these holidays. Please, I’m begging you, let Christmas spirit save the day”  

“Yoona, thank god I found you”

“Let’s start with a wish list neh?” she ignored her friend as she stated her plan again.

“Yoona-”

“Who wants to be first?”

“Yoona! Do you ever watch Christmas movies?” her friend scolded her before she turned to face the crowd as well.

She took a deep breath, “The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing for all to hear” she had muttered before the frosty air was cut with her rich voice.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree

Her head snapped to her direction, amazed by her voice, but even more so by the reaction from the people. After a verse or so of her singing, in the front row, lips were moving in sync moved by her angelic voice. From the back row, dancing could be seen and soon, almost everyone was singing.

As she stared up at the night sky, she hoped that he was up there, awake and watching her as she pitched her own voice into the song.

'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do?
Baby, all I want for Christmas is you
You, baby

 

------------------------------------------------

She did not waste any time as she gave her friend a meaningful glance before she was off, calling a cab to her own home, proud that the reindeer were waiting for her there.

She jumped off when the sleigh hadn’t even made a proper landing yet, stumbling to the doors of the house he had pointed out to be his. There she saw him. Lying down in his bed. Her heart broke as she knelt down beside him, taking his hand in hers.

“How foolish of me” she sunk into the side of the bed sobbing. “I thought I saved you”

Suddenly, her hand was pulled and placed at his lips as he kissed it lightly. “Baby, what took you so long? I fell asleep waiting for you”

Her melancholy suddenly turned into confusion, and then happiness, and then excitement, and of course, anger. “Yah!! How could you scare me like that?”

He slowly sat up, staring at her who now stood in front of him, arms crossed over her chest.

“I was really tired”

She turned her back to him to hide her never ending stream of tears.

“Hey” he had stood up, walking towards her before he naturally hugged her waist from behind. “I’m here now”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I can’t stand seeing your tears” he heaved an honest sigh.

Her hands quickly moved up to her cheeks, brushing her tears away before she turned to him. “Will this happen every year?”

“It may or may not… depends on the people”

“I don’t know if I can handle it” her shoulders started shaking again as she shook her head from side to side. “Seeing you almost lifeless made me feel the same. If you weren’t okay… I wouldn’t be either”

“I was watching you Yoona. You were running around like a crazy person”

This emitted a short laugh from her.

“Doctor rushed in here the moment your nieces were reading off the wish list as we started gathering spirit. People from all over the world who were watching the newscast started wondering and imagining. Then I saw you. You were standing beautifully in your short red dress in front of the crowd. Right then I knew you wouldn’t take no for an answer and that things were going to go your way. I’ll be okay if you’re by my side. It’s just one night, one night that we have to get through and then we’ll go a year carefree. I need you Yoona.”

“Your mother told me that it was my fault this was happening. That you were no longer focused on your job”

“She’s wrong. You’re my motivation. I need to deliver those presents quickly so that I have more time to spend with you”

He hesitated before she hit his chest playfully. “Fine, but you better not get sick of this wife of yours”

Suddenly his eyes widened in remembrance. “What time is it?”

“3 am. Why?”

“We have a wedding to get ready for. Before sunrise. I want to marry you before Choi Seunghyun forgets”

She gladly welcomed the idea. “Wait! We have to make a few stops”

 

They were standing in front of the couple in disbelief.

“Let’s go! We don’t have much time”

The kids were the first to load onto the sleigh as Jessica and Jiyong stood there dumbfounded.

“I’ll explain later” Yoona had urged them.

Before Jiyong got on, he had a few moments to himself to poke fun at Top while Jessica secretly whispered into Yoona’s ear. “He’s definitely hotter with white hair”

The latter elbowed her stomach.

“What?” she protested.

“That’s my husband you’re talking about”

They had made a few more trips to pick up the eight other friends and their families, as well as Yoona’s family. She wanted all of them present and Top didn’t mind his secret being revealed to family. It was not easy to convince them but seeing it right in front of their eyes, they were forced to believe. By the time they arrived, the fast work of the elves had successfully decorated a stunning wedding scenery in the toy factory itself. The groom and bride were rushed off to get ready.

“Hey I can’t believe I’m saying this but don’t you think that one elf is really good looking?” Sooyoung had started the conversation

“Which one?”

“Daesung”

“Anniyo. I think Seungri is better looking” Seohyun had added her opinion which was shocking because she was the most reserved.

“I’ll make sure to introduce you guys” Yoona had offered happily as she was being helped by the other girls. Suddenly, a knock on the door was heard and when it opened, she bowed as Mrs. Claus entered.

“I’m sorry that we did not get your approval for something so big but-”

“I am the one that is sorry. You not only saved my son Yoona, you saved Christmas. A time that was very dear to my husband. For that, I thank you” she had cut her off with a short yet warm sentence. She made her leave after that but just as she was about to close the door behind her, she turned. “You make a stunning daughter in law”

As soon as she left, Yoona finally felt that same fuzzy feeling she had earlier.

The girls all turned to each other squealing. “I can’t believe you’re marrying Santa!!”

--------------------------------------

All heads had turned to the grand doors as it clicked open, including TOP’s whose head was looking down nervously before. Bright smiles were seen as she entered shyly.

Their eyes found each other’s naturally as a radiating grin was seen from her as she stared at him from head to toe. He was dressed in all white. From his hair to his shoes, he looked like the innocent, carefree boy that she fell in love with. His eyes formed crescents as she came into full view in her floor length wedding dress which fit her perfectly. Her hair was pinned up and her veil hung about her shoulders.

Both their hearts were beating in tune, faster than ever as she made her way towards him and there was a small spark when he finally held her hand.

As they were listening to the elf priest, it was like no one else was there except them two as he glanced to her.

“Merry Christmas Yoona” he mouthed secretly to her.

Her wide smile shone in his eyes. “Best Christmas ever”