Convincing

Convincing

 

“Sungjong-ah,” the young man stood there, calling his name. He was not sure how long Myungsoo had been standing there at his door but, judging from the way he still had his left hand on the open door, it must not have been too long. “What are you doing?”

“Writing an email,” Sungjong replied briefly and returned his gaze to the laptop in front of him. He was, however, quick to notice the half-surprised, half-amused look that Myungsoo shot at him and decided it was best to make things clear. “To my brother.”

“To Seonkyu?”

Sungjong merely nodded. And so the visual went up to him and bowed down slightly to level his eyes with the screen of the laptop. The maknae just hated how Myungsoo’s warm breaths hit the back of his neck.

“Hyung, don’t have anything better to do?” he complained. “Go write an email to Moonsoo or something. Don’t you miss him?”

Myungsoo turned away from his dongsaeng but, much to the latter’s dismay, he instead proceeded to lie down on Sungjong’s bed, one leg outstretched while the other bended just a bit. He made an almost inaudible giggle before staring back at Sungjong. “No way. Why would I miss such an annoying brother?”

“Hey, he’s still your brother.”

“Whatever,” he dismissed. He was not there to discuss about his brother.

“So, are you done disturbing me?” Sungjong asked nonchalantly as he finished a paragraph in his email and moved on to type another.

Genuinely amused, Myungsoo wondered how the maknae could just sit there and entertain him without making much effort. “No,” the visual smirked before adding. “I’m afraid you’re the only guy who doesn’t make a conscious effort to avoid me these last few days,” his sheepish smile returned to his face. “I wonder why they’re even avoiding me.”

“Well, you won the coveted Fashion King title,” reminded the younger lad. “Everyone was like working so hard for it and then, of all seven members, the judges chose you.” He then turned from his laptop screen and looked at his hyung. “I would probably be as pissed as Woohyun hyung and Sungyeol hyung if they gave me the last few positions.”

“Hey, I may only wear black clothes most of the time,” Myungsoo protested. “But I wore fashionable ones that day, okay? I won fair and square.”

“...fashionable, hyung?” Sungjong let out a chuckle as if mocking the older man. “A mostly plain white t-shirt and a denim jacket? Sure. How ‘fashionable’.”

“Well, the judges said they like those stuff on me, didn’t they?” he pointed out.

“Let’s just face it, it’s your face they like. I’m willing to bet that even if you were , they would still give you the first position.”

Myungsoo could not help but burst out laughing, unsure of how else to react.

The slightly feminine boy continued typing. The sound of his fingers tapping against the glossy keyboard now seemed deafeningly loud. The older youth eventually thought of a witty comeback and, despite the awkward silence that has fallen for quite a while, he just could not resist the temptation of teasing the maknae back.

“Sungjong-ah,” he playfully called. “Wasn’t it the same for you?”

“Eh?”

“Well, your face is so pretty it’s just really unfair. There’s no way the judges weren’t affected by it at all,” Myungsoo explained. “I mean, c’mon, your clothes were nothing special either. Just a plain white collared shirt and a yellowish beige, chino short right?”

Sungjong did not bother to turn and look at him. Nonetheless, he answered, arguing how such costumes were still much classier than the overly casual set Myungsoo had donned in the show.

“Sure, Lee Sungjong, sure.” L was starting to enjoy this conversation more than he had expected.

“So if my clothes were too plain what do you propose I wear then?”

“I’d say you should forget clothes and go au naturel,” Laughing heartily, Myungsoo noticed how his joke also did not fail to fish for some reactions out of the otherwise quiet maknae. Lee Sungjong instantly rolled his eyes, trying his best not to respond. “Well, what do say? We can even have another Fashion King to settle who would get the title without anything on.”

Sungjong snorted. “Challenge rejected!”

“I thought you were willing to bet that I would still win?” his hyung teased. L found himself having so much fun he could not stop. He did not want to stop.

“How about you find someone else to bother?” the younger one re-suggested, an almost obvious hint of irritation in his tone.

Myungsoo heaved a sigh but could find no way to get rid of his cheeky grin. Then the taller lad moved aside a bit as though making some room next to him on the bed. “Come here. Then I’ll stop bothering you.”

The smaller man frowned slightly at the request but find himself unable to not oblige. Despite the fact that Myungsoo had kindly shifted himself for his dongsaeng, a single bed was a single bed – it was not made to accommodate more than one person. Sungjong uncomfortably sat at what little space was there. He was taken aback when his hyung soon pulled him down, affectionately laying his head on the other’s lap so that they were facing each other. He swore he felt his face warmed up a bit.

“Yah, hyung,” Sungjong tentatively shuffled but the older boy paid little attention to his protests and gestures of discomfort. Like a mother admiring the beauty of her child, Myungsoo tenderly the soft hair of the more feminine-looking lad. Snickering at times, he casually hushed Sungjong everytime the latter protested.

Aware as he was that his hyung was trying to be all clingy and romantic, Sungjong could not help but realized how awkward the older boy could be in handling that kind of situation.

“You know, hyung, you’re really hopeless at being romantic,” Sungjong said, expecting his words to be gently shushed by the taller guy again. He sort of regretted it when Myungsoo seemed affected and stopped rubbing his hair.

“Ouch,” Myungsoo whispered. “That sort of hurts. You know you’re hanging out too much with Sungyeol nowadays. You really sound like you’ve mastered his kind of mockery.”

“I shall take it as a compliment,” the maknae tittered and went back to looking up at his hyung again. “Now that you mention him, where is he?”

“In the living room, still convincing himself that he doesn’t like me.” Came the cheeky reply.

“He’s that mad at you for winning the Fashion King round? What are you doing here then? You better be off convincing him.”

“Nah,” he declined. “I’d rather laze around on some comfy bed in an air-conditioned room. Besides, you don’t need any convincing.” Sungjong missed the smug smirk the other put on as he said that last line.

It took a while for the maknae to digest what he had just heard. And when he finally did, he was all too flushed to give any intelligible response. “Wait. W-what? Hold on.. Did you.. I’m.. I..” he stuttered. In the end he gave up finding anything to say and settled for “...I beg your pardon?”

There was no reply. L did not feel the necessity to give any. The older youth stealthily half-jumped from his sitting position, pinning down the thinner lad below him. And he did not feel like wasting any more time. So he smiled smugly and leaned down until their noses and fringe-covered foreheads touched.

Sungjong felt his cheek heated up some more and held their sudden physical closeness responsible for it, ruling out the possibility that it might just be his thoughts of what might follow soon after. “Wait, Sungyeo—”

“Babo, Sungyeol won’t mind,” he chuckled flippantly. “What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him. And, really, who is he to mind? Surely you didn’t think he’s my boyfriend, did you?” Again, Myungsoo laughed softly and, without much hesitation, plunged down to steal a kiss. It was an extremely quick and chaste one, more like a mere touching of lips. But it was enough to kill Sungjong’s remaining sensibility. L’s signature cheeky smile could be seen by the younger male even as some shadow was cast on the former’s face. What surprised, and somewhat delighted, Sungjong the most was, however, the sight of Myungsoo’s smooth cheeks also turning rosy like his. And then the young man above him let out a stifled chuckle. “Open up and let me in next time, will ya?”

The tinier lad barely needed any clarification as to what the other was referring to – although for a split second, he had disturbingly thought of it as something more...NC-17. The visual leaned in once again, and Sungjong opened up his mouth this time, granting entry to Myungsoo’s tongue. The older guy yielded to the temptation of sliding his hands below the thinner man’s t-shirt and, once or twice, he felt the strangely inviting static of rubbing his fingers against the smaller male’s s and collarbones.

Just as Sungjong started to drown in Myungsoo’s faint scent and reality started to blur, footsteps could be heard right outside the door. L jumped and landed on the floor the instant Sungjong’s door was knocked.

“Sungjong, dinner’s ready,” Sunggyu’s muffled voice could be heard from the other side of the door. Restraining a groan, Sungjong called back with a delayed, reluctant ‘okay’.

But for some reason, the leader did not promptly go away. “Lee Sungjong, is Myungsoo in there?”

 “Yeah,” Sungjong shouted. Only after a split second did he notice L frantically putting a finger on his pursed lips, signalling to Sungjong to not reveal his presence. “Uh. Sorta.”

Leadergyu fell silent for a few seconds. “Well, can you two stop,”  An understanding chuckle could be heard. “Whatever it is that you’re doing and just have your dinner first?” And then the sound of footsteps getting distant confirmed that Sunggyu had gone.

The pair stared at each other, the hyung clearly much more amused than his dongsaeng. “For someone who’s too lazy to convince others to like him,” Sungjong said. “You sure have a knack for convincing them to get the wrong ideas.”

“Yah, I wasn’t the one who told him you were with me, was I?” Myungsoo stood up and offered a helping hand to the maknae. Sungjong swatted it gently and got up himself. Seeing a tinge of disappointment in L’s face, Sungjong was quick to wrap his lean arm around his hyung’s shoulder apologetically.

“No, you weren’t,” the slightly girly young man smiled impishly as they started walking towards the door. “But your presence alone obviously convinced him that we were doing something.”


 

A/N: I didn’t plan it to be...so lengthy lol. I guess I just have a knack for elaborating every single when it comes to Myungjong.