So, Let's Start Over Again

So, Let's Start Over Again

 

 

Sehun moves his way into the club. Blasting sounds, the fume of cigarettes and the lighting make his head kind of dizzy. Sehun isn’t really the type to go to places like this. But, his sister, Taeyeon has been bugging him all the time and he had to say yes. Taeyeon is taking her friend,  Luhan.

“Sehun, come on! Let’s dance!” Taeyeon says as she pulls her brother’s arm, Sehun smiles and he tries to dance along. Sehun knows he’s great actually, he used to b-boy in high school. Sehun begins to swing his hips, moves his body and synchs with the rhytm. Sehun finally feels awesome though and Luhan starts to moves closer to him. Sehun laughs, the fact that Luhan tried so many times to seduce him and somehow, it didn’t work. To tell the truth, Luhan is an eye-candy but it would be awkward if he’s dating his sister’s friend.

“I gotta grab something to drink. Be right back~” Sehun says as he slips off from the crowd in the dance floor. Sehun walks to the bartender and orders an apple martini. Though, he thinks Shirley Temple is good. The apple martini comes out in a quick minute, he can tell the bartender is great.

Sehun manages to glance at Luhan who dances with Taeyeon right now as he sips on his drink. As then, Sehun looks to his right side. Sehun has his eyes almost go out from his eyes, his throat goes dry, his heart clenches in pain and his hand lets go of his apple martini. It’s Jongin kissing with Soojung and when Jongin hears the break of the glass, his eyes immediately looking into Sehun’s. Sehun pulls out his money, gives it to the bartender and runs away. Jongin lets go of Soojung and runs into Sehun. Sehun doesn’t even know why he cries, it’s his best friend and he kisses with someone. It’s not supposed to break his heart. Sehun manages to get outside from the club, tears streams from his eyes and Sehun can’t properly catches his breath.

Someone’s hand is already on Sehun’s wrist. Sehun looks into that person, Luhan. Sehun doesn’t know what to do other than hugs him, he’s too tired for now. Luhan only wraps his arms around him, says everything will be okay and takes Sehun to his house.

--

For the next few days, Sehun finds his phone extremely irritating. It keeps ringing because of Jongin’s phone calls and messages, Sehun is ignoring it. Sehun keeps his thought of Jongin in the back of his head and Taeyeon reads his little brother so well. It hurts her to see her brother just stays in the room with swollen eyes and he doesn’t want to leave his room. Taeyeon has to cook and puts it in Sehun’s bedroom. Luhan has to come over. Even though, Luhan isn’t really close to Sehun, he tries to cheer Sehun up. Sehun will smile though, and it makes Luhan happy.

“Will you tell me what you saw that night?” Luhan suddenly asks with buttery popcorns on his hand.

“I-I... I don’t know. I just saw my best friend kissed with a girl and that shouldn’t have hurt my feelings. It feels weird.” Sehun finally explains, he’s confused and Luhan can really tell about that.

“Have you ever consider that you know, you probably falling in love with him?” Luhan asks again, Sehun doesn’t reply this quickly, he deep sighs as his answer.

“I guess, I don’t know. It’s just he’s been a part of my life since I was a kid and if he really dated that person, he should’ve just told me.” Sehun says again. Luhan then puts his left hand on Sehun’s shoulder and pulls him closer.

“You’ll be fine. He’s your friend, he’ll find a way to explain it to you. And when he does that, you should just listen to him. Okay?” Luhan says, Sehun nods as he leans on Luhan’s boney shoulder.

“Dude, you’re too skinny.” Sehun retorts and Luhan laughs sweetly.

“You’re also skinny.” Luhan replies.

“Well, at least, I have broader shoulders than you are.” Sehun sticks his tongue out and Luhan ruffles Sehun’s hair softly.

---

Sehun is all curls up in his thick blanket. It’s raining outside, with lightning strikes and the wind goes hard. Sehun busies himself with his tv. Sehun waits for the newest episode of Law and Order in the afternoon. Taeyeon leaves for a sudden meeting. Sehun gulps on his hot chocolate slowly and he suddenly hears some weird voice. Sehun feels scared, he tries to just focus to the screen but the voice gets more distracting. Sehun hears someone throws rocks into his balcony’s door.

“SEHUN!!!!” Sehun hears someone screams from outside and Sehun just goes to the balcony of his room. Sehun looks down as he finds Jongin with his clothes soaked.

“OH GOD! Jongin, go to the front door. I’ll open it for you.” Sehun screams from above. Sehun runs to his front door and opens the door for Jongin. His hand already holding a towel and he quickly pulls Jongin inside.

“Dude, what are you doing? It’s raining! You could’ve get sick!” Sehun says in a worried voice.

“Y-you turned off your phone, you didn’t want to hear my explanation.” Jongin says. Jongin’s body is trembling due to the cold. So, Sehun quickly tells Jongin to take a shower and change into his clothes. That way, Jongin will be fine. Jongin only nods though and Sehun panics.

(*)

Once Jongin is done, Sehun prepares him a hot chocolate. Sehun tells Jongin to curls up on the sheets. Sehun doesn’t even know what to react while Jongin calmly watches the tv.

“So, will you listen to my explanation now?” Jongin asks.

“What explanation?! You don’t need to, I was drunk that night and I broke my phone during my hangover.” Sehun lies and yup, Sehun is a pathethic liar. Jongin only chuckles.

“Just... let me explain? Please. Just this once.” Jongin says and Sehun nods. Jongin looks into Sehun’s eyes deeply and Sehun freeze.

“That night, I was having a party with some friends from my work. We’ve done a great job for the company. Soojung was breaking up with Minho, she was drunk and she suddenly kissed me. I didn’t mean to kiss her, I swear. I was about to pull her away and suddenly, you were there. I heard the glass broke into pieces and you just went away. I-I’m really sorry.” Jongin says in his sincere voice, his right hand holding on Sehun’s left one.

“I thought you date Soojung and I was mad because you didn’t tell me that. That’s all.” Sehun once again, lies to Jongin. His head and heart are screaming, “DUDE, I’M ING IN LOVE WITH YOU AND THAT’S THE WEIRDEST THING ON EARTH”.  His eyes are glassy.

“Really? I-I thought, you.”

“I what?”

“I thought you like me. I-it’s just..... nevermind, I was hoping too much.” Jongin says, he smiles weakly at Sehun.

“You thought I like you? So, you like me?” Sehun asks, he couldn’t believe it. Sehun needs a confirmation that it wasn’t only his figment of imagination.

“Yes, Oh Sehun. I realized that since along time ago. I-I first thought it was ridicolous, but I can’t stop remembering about your hair, your lips, your eyes and your smiles. It’s weird, huh?” Jongin says. Sehun feels that he’s going to cry right in the place.

“You really like me, right? Did I just drink alcohol? I might probably drunk right now.” Sehun says and Jongin laughs.

“Trust me, a drunk person wouldn’t open his front door just to let his bestfriend to come inside. And I wouldn’t lie to you.” Sehun couldn’t help but smile, his face is now blushing.

“I tell you what, I think I like you too.” Sehun replies and Jongin hugs Sehun in his embrace. Sehun cries and Jongin chuckles, Sehun is always a kid. So when he lets go, Jongin wipes the tears off of Sehun’s cheeks.

“Let’s start over again.” Jongin says and Sehun nods.

“So, I’ll introduce myself. I’m Oh Sehun.” Sehun says as he offers his hand for a hand shake.

“I’m Kim Jongin and I’m falling in love with you.” Jongin says, with that Jongin kisses Sehun’s forehead. They both smile though, in the middle of the rain and cuddling under the thick blankets.