We meet again.

Stupid Game

FINAL

Chae’s POV

“JAVA CHIP FRAP FOR Shi-El~” I heard the barista announced at the counter.

 

 

Since I’m not that far because I’m just standing next to the pastries, I went to fetch my drink when a pair of hand gets to hold it first. I look up to where the hand belongs and I’m ready to fire my gun at him. Yes it’s a guy for heaven’s sake.

 

 

I raised my brow at him and placed my left hand on my waist. But it seems like it does nothing to him, and he just smiles at me. Beneath those glasses is a gummy smile that made my heart aches once again.

 

 

My breathing hitches as soon as I recognize him. Those stubbles made him look old. But it suits him well. I blink rapidly, trying to recollect the thoughts of him. Thoughts that I ought to forget and bury six feet under. His smile never fade away, he knows me. He still remembers me after all this years.

 

 

“Hi CL.” My name rolls perfectly out of his tongue.

I heaved an air and exhaled calmly while beaming a smile, “Hey Ji.”

“I’m glad you still remember me.” He then lifts the frappuccino and passes it to me.

My hand slightly trembles as I took it. Instantly, I gave him an apologetic smile for almost getting him in an amok. To think, for a tall cup of Starbucks iced beverage.

 

 

 

“Mind if we sit down for a couple of hours? Or minutes?” he asks, gesturing me to an open seat near the window. I nodded silently and followed his tracks.

 

 

 

Lee Chaerin! Are you sure this is a good idea? My inner self asks me.

It’s just a talk~ nothing to be worry about. Chill!

You hardly moved on from him since that night, and here you are again letting yourself succumb to him.

Just a short and civil talk won’t hurt.

A couple of minutes to catch up and we go both separate ways.

Just like before.

 

 

 

I breathed in and out heavily before I sit down. He pulled the chair for me, and I raised a brow at him again. He just gestured me to sit and I did what I was told.

 

 

 

“How are you?” he starts off easily, just like how old friends do.

I sip on my frap and smiled timidly, “I’m fine. Great even. A lot has changed but still okay. You?”

He rested his back on the chair and looks at me intently, “You’re still the same Chaerin I know, but it’s good to know that you’re doing great…”

I felt burning on both of my cheeks as he said those to me. He still has the effect on me.

But, huh? What does he mean by that?? I haven’t changed??

He then leans closer, propping his arms on the table. Hands clasped together.

“How are you?” I asked back as I break my gaze away from him, looking at the passing people.

“Still the same.” He briefly answered.

 

 

 

I feel my scalp pricks with the silence overwhelming on us. My feet itches to stand up and walk away fro here but my mind tells me to stay for a little bit more. I looked at him when I heard him chuckled, a painful chuckle.

 

 

 

He says nothing, but he continues to look at me. I did the same, starting to the tip of his fingers and my eyes locks on his finger. There I saw a ring sitting proudly.

 

 

 

Oh he’s married.

Chaerin what did I told you??? You just held your expectations up. My inner self scolds me.

I can’t take my eyes of the ring thus it makes a painful tug to my heart.

I shouldn’t have accepted his invitation.

It’s just like when he asked you to be his for the night all over again.

Chaerin stop before you fall deeper again.

 

 

 

“I have to go~” I manage to croak out.

I looked at him and was about to bow out, but a smirk forms in his thin lips.

“You have a habit of leaving people…” he said as he straightened up.

“Especially me.” He added, hurt can be heard on his tone.

Nah~ you’re just imagining that he is affected by you.

 

 

 

I gathered my bag and stood up, leaving him just like before is the best choice.

But I felt a strong grip on my arm, making me turn to him.

His arms snakes around me and I can hear him breathing heavily.

 

 

 

“Please don’t leave me again…” he whispers on my hair.

Pain.

All I can hear and feel is pain.

I stiffened, is this really happening?

Is this reality? Or am I just holding to my imagination again.

 

 

 

He enclosed my face on his hands and made me gaze at him, his eyes were moist.

And I feel that he’s wiping something on my eyes. , I’m crying again in front of him.

“Y-your married.” I manage to choke out.

“Yes.” He answered lowly, he looked down and bit his lips.

Oh . What kind of trouble am I in again?

Was married.” He then said.

 

 

 

My eyes closes when I feel his soft lips on me, gently planting small kisses. Tears fell, breathes hitches, murmurs were heard, and a small painful smile tugs on my lips.  His forehead rested in mine as we part off. A sigh escaped from his delicate lips.

 

 

 

“I looked for you~” he then said.

“But then I heard you went to Paris. I stopped,” He added.

 

 

 

When I opened my eyes were back to our seats and this time, we’re seating in the same row.

He had me on his arms as I free fall to him again.

 

 

 

After that night, I tried my best to stay away from him. Till our last day of the semester, he tried to talk to me but I ran away. Not knowing to say and how to face him after spending the night with him. We both made a mistake. He cheated and I let myself succumb to him.

 

 

We never saw each other again, I transferred school. No Paris involved. I just took a school as far as possible, but still bound in Seoul. Cut off all my communications to my past friends.

 

 

Stupid right? But I just can’t face them all, I can’t even look at them in the eyes after that night.

 

 

 

“I stopped searching for you but I never lost hope that someday I’ll find you…” he said, caressing my hair.

“It’s been 5 years…” I whispered.

“5 years, 8 months, 25 days, and now….” He half chuckles.

I looked up at him, “You counted??”

“Nah~ just bluffing, I’m not that in love with you.” He looks younger with his playful smile right now.

Beneath those mushy stubbles is the gummy smile I loved, will always love.

“You’re married.” I mumbled.

Was married, it’s her last wish.” He said as he sips on my frap.

“Sohee??” I asked.

“Yeah,”

“How?”

“The Big C. That’s when I stopped looking for you and granted her last wish.” He said softly.

I hold his hands and played with it, “What will happen to us?”

“I want us…” he kissed my temple and reached for my chin.

 

 

 

I tilted my head up and saw him smiling at me.

5 years had passed but I still love this man.

 

 

 

“I haven’t told you,” he suddenly said.

“What?” I straightened up.

 

 

 

 

“I love you… Ever since the first time I met you.” His eye smile and words overwhelms me.

He said he loves me since the day we met…

Just like what I felt for him.

I never believe in love at first sight, but when I met him I ate all the words that I used to say.

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry for hurting you so much…” he whispered, eyes closed, forehead on mine.

“Let’s just pretend it didn’t happen… Let’s start over again…” I whispered, looking into his eyes directly.

 

 

 

 

I pushed him back and I stand up in front of him, “Annyeong haseyo! Chonun- Lee Chaerin-imnida.”

“Hey, I’m Jiyong but you can call me GD.” He retorted back while smiling my favorite gummy smile of him, just like the first time we met.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s take a selca~ for our first date.” He said as he fishes out his phone.

We both squished in and posed like an old couple.

 

 

http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ec7f076250e611e29a4b22000a1fb593_7.jpg

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Annyeong yeoreobun~ so a lot of you were asking for a part 2 or a happy ending.

Here it is ^^ I hope I satisfied you all :)))

Thank you for the subs & comments.