Twelve

Endless

 

Chunji's POV

I don't remember if I ever went out to greet In Young for the rest of the day. I don't remember if L.Joe climbed into the bed or took his side of blankets and pillows out when it was time to sleep. I don't remember if L.Joe.. loved me.

I wiped my tears messily as I groggily went down for breakfast the next time.

"Good morning Oppa! I hope you slept well!" In Young chirped happily as she helped Minsoo set up the table for breakfast.

I grunted a noise in reply. Honestly, I didn't care about having a sweet image to Angels anymore. Not even one bit.

I sat down sadly; I didn't see L.Joe in the room or the couch sleeping but I definitely saw him, with eye-bags like a panda, as he walked to the dining table. L.Joe glanced at me but didn't say a word.

What can I expect?

"M-Morning everyone.." L.Joe's voice was soft and croaky.

Breakfast went past awkwardly as In Young squealed about how beautiful the dorm was and how peaceful she slept. The members (except me) gave short, polite answers but I could feel all their gazes on L.Joe and me. 

Eating as quick and as little as I can, I excused myself from the table. I was not full at all. My stomach was empty. Empty from food, and from love. I took a can of pineapples to satisfy my hunger, locking myself up in the room.

I cried over lost love, cried over myself. Insecurities poured back into my heart. My thoughts were cut off as CAP Hyung's voice rang that it was already filming time. 

I quickly washed up but before I could walk to the living room where the cameras and filming were all at, a hand coiled itself around my thin wrist and pulled me.

I looked up to face L.Joe right in the eye. Make-up was covering the fatigue over both our faces. "C-Chanhe--" He started but was interrupted.

"CHANHEE! BYUNGHUN! Filming is going to start now! Where are you guys?!" CAP Hyung's voice boomed louder as usual.

"Leave it for later." I removed L.Joe's grip on my hand and walked to the filming, leaving him behind, like how his love for me had left me previously.

 

L.Joe's POV:

I was a coward. I couldn't bring myself to apologise to Chunji, and I couldn't even bear to see his face. Probably tear stained and puffy from all that I did. I was numb for the rest of the day… I only vaguely remember going to our room and taking my pillow and blanket before camping on the sofa. Just because I was numb didn't mean I could sleep. My mind was bombarded with images of Chunji's downcast face, and the things I could've done in the same scenario. I kept replaying that exact moment when I asked him to stop, and when he left. I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep, but it wasn't coming easy. Well, they did say that guilty people didn't have a good night's sleep. I guess I deserved it.

I woke up the next day with a sore back and terribly sleep deprived. I trudged to the kitchen where the members and were eating breakfast with In Young talking, only she didn't seem to notice the tension in the room when I entered. I scanned the room for Chunji, he was slumped on the chair, in his own thoughts. I was't the only one who didn't get enough sleep…

~

I sighed. My "courageous" attempt to talk to Chunji was interrupted when filming started. I had to stay focus on the filming…. I had to be professional and put on a show. I blanked out during the briefing (ironic, I know), I guess I had to survive by doing what the host said. Chunji was giving a kicked puppy look throughout the introduction and I frowned  deeply, unable to control my expression of worry. The MC jokingly said, "Chunji! L.Joe! You guys looks like your pet cat just died! Did you guys get into a fight?" Chunji and I only stared blankly at each other, while the members tried to appease the MC (and the Angels) by distracting the audience. All that went by in a blur and my resolve to not start begging Chunji for forgiveness right there and then was dissolving. I was completely absorbed in my thoughts until I heard the MC say, "….Well unfortunately, we are coming to the end of the group segment of the show, and it's time for In Young to choose the Teen Top member that she will date! So In Young… it's decision time." 

My blood ran cold. So soon? They were choosing the couple so soon? In Young smiled brightly, talking animatedly to the MC, probably about her experiences with Teen Top, but all I could hear was the sound of my heart beating. I glanced over to Chunji and he was looking straight at me with wide eyes. 

"So In Young… please eliminate 4 members and we'll go straight to the finals~"

"no hard feelings okay guys? I'm just eliminating those who I don't think don't quite fit my ideal type. The first person is Chunji Oppa… you're too girly" In Young said, giggling and covering .

Thank God…  My relief did not transcend to Chunji, he was still glaring at the floor, worried. The fans would interpret that he was angry that he was called girly, or didn't get chosen. But I knew him… he was worried that I would get chosen. It suddenly didn't matter if we were currently in a fight… In Young's decision could affect the dynamics of our relationship…

I bit my lip worriedly as In Young continued to eliminate members. One by one, Ricky, CAP and Niel were eliminated, leaving Changjo and I. 

"Okay for the finals, Changjo and L.Joe will stand beside each other and In Young will backhug the person that she has chosen." 

I stood beside Changjo and took one more lingering gaze into Chunji's chocolate brown eyes before squeezing my eyes shut and praying that I wouldn't be chosen. 

H-Her bias was Changjo… she wouldn't choose me, I wondered if I was trying to convince myself… 

Warmth engulfed me and everyone started clapping.

No….

 

Chunji's POV:

My gaze dropped as In Young chose L.Joe over her own bias Changjo.

Looks like someone changed her bias.

I glanced at Ricky who sighed a heave of relief and the N.A.P couple who were secretly holding each other. What about me..? I stared at how In Young happily sang praises of L.Joe, stating reasons on why she chose him eventually. Biting my lips, I went over with the rest of the members to congratulate L.Joe. 

"Well done bro!" came a fake congratulatory speech from C.A.P Hyung.

I slowly went to L.Joe and looked at him, with sad eyes. I manage to pull myself together and croak out, "C-Congratulations.. L.Joe.."

I lost him for real... 

The pain in my heart was tearing me apart. The pain in my heart.. was endless. But for us, this is probably the end..

 

 

A/N: HERE'S THIS WEEK'S UPDATE and damn, inyoung is still here OTL. Anyway I hope you guys enjoy this story and we'll be back with MORE UPDATES :3 anyway, just comment below your thoughts! LALAALALA~ #nowplaying Teen Top- Miss Right SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. ENJOY.