His Frozen Doll

I'm Too Cold

December 19th,2012

I started Korean school today. I can already tell they all hate me.... except this one girl. She's known as Korea's Frozen Doll. Gorgeous, yet nonchalant. Her face was frozen in a glossy frown the whole day. I was assigned the seat behind of her. I couldn't stop staring at her. She... was just frozen... I asked around what was wrong with her and they just answered, "She's the outcast of our class. No one talks to her... and she talks to no one. Don't talk to her." They emphasized. 

 

Zitao slammed his journal down. This girl was a mystery. He craved to have more knowledge on her. Why was she so lifeless? He was frightened by her diminishing happiness. He punched his helpless pillow in frustration and growled. His first day in a Korean school and he already had his eyes on her. He scoured for a fancy pen and rushed for his journal. He smirked vibrantly. 

 

December 19th, 2012

This girl.... I want to make her smile. Smile brighter than every diamond in the sunlight. Brighter than the sun itself. Goal for this school year: Make her smile.

 

He sighed blissfully as he slipped into a deep sleep. He awoke the next morning yawning lazily and still drowsy. Zitao trudded into his small bathroom peacefully and gazed into the mirror. Taking in his handsome bedhead, he galloped for his cellular phone to capture yet another one of his mysterious selcas. He pitched his phone into his stylish bookbag and continued with his morning routine. As he climbed out of his shower, beads of water slipped off his black tresses onto his lean yet slightly muscular build. He slipped out of his bathroom and slid over to his clothing that was already set out and waiting to be worn. He smirked lovingly and flew into his school uniform. He appeared once again in his mirror to take another one of his selcas.

Tao never appreciated plain and simple uniforms, so he adorned his hideous jacket with tiny yet stylish silver pins. A deep moan full of animosity clouded the room as he expressed his hatred for school. Tao detested school because he was always singled out from everyone else for being different. He couldn't help being the black sheep in this field of white sheep. He disagreed with the idea of fitting in completely. Those who were the same as the next, weren't real... They were robots in his eyes.

 

The crowd divided at the sight of Zitao entering the school yard. The girls looked at him in disgust. The boys hurled rocks out towards his body. Tao glared at the treatment he received. There she stood.... only a few feet infront of him. She glanced from the corner of her eyes at him. She stood firmly in place as he placed his heavy palm on her shoulder. He gasped in shock. She wasn't there anymore.

Tao searched the halls and all the classroom's for her... but she simply wasn't there. Tao reluctantly gave up. He plopped down in his seat and looked up. She sat infront of him. She turned around little by little. She glared at him and muttered, "Don't follow me... You'll only become as frozen as I am." She returned to her activities and left Tao alone for the rest of the day. The school flew by as slow as ever. Tao discovered his angel's name from the class the arduous way.

"Hey ! Stop trailing behind Korea's Frozen Doll Niu Mikun! Can't you see she's too much of a damned to talk to you?" The class bullied Tao. Mikun frowned over to Kim Jonghyun. She walked pass the two males and dissappeared around the corner. No one had knowledge of Mikun's smile. She knocked calmly on the principal's office door. She entered and commented about Kim Jonghyun's antics who were usually ignored if not reported by the most frightening teenage girl in school.

Tao bulleted out of the school after it finished around 7 pm. He decreases his paced as he neared the park. He dragged himself over to the icy swings. 'It's winter again...' He rembered as he slid into the frozen over seat. He frowned.

*Flashback*

"This winter Zitao, you will spend the majority of your life learning wushu. You must cut off all ties with your friends to focus on only your studys and wushu. You will have no leisure or hobbies minus wushu that is." Zitao's step-father always pressured Tao into activities ao depised immensely. Tao darted off to his room with warm tears dripping from his eyea. At the tender age of 7, he lost all everything. His mother and grandparents were killed in the fire, he lost his friends, he started to fail school and even worst, he was left all alone with his step-'father'.

*Flashback End*

Tao growled at the memory. If it wasn't for that damned man... That damn bastard was the reason Tao was such a broken down reck. Tao roared out to the snowy night in pain. Hot tears escaped his eyes and soon froze on his cheek. Tao scowled. His tears shouldn't be wasted on pitying himself. Tao stood up and continued to his depressing home.

"I'm home mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa!" Tao knew he was living alone. After his step-father abandoned him for his gold-digging mistress, he took on the illusion of his family since being alive. Tao... was slowing going insane. He questioned himself all the time? Every little thing made him obsessed. Was he obsessed with Niu Mikun? 

Tao set his books down on his desk in his room. He undressed and wore more comfortable clothing. He gently slid underneath his covers that whispered his name softly. He drifted off while thinking of Mikun.

He awoke in a classroom. There she stood directly infront of him. Her eyes were blank and emotionless as ever... Tao marched over to her frozen stature. Tao blinked in shock as she uttered, "Huang Zitao, do you believe I'm real?" Tao nodded and reached out to touch her. The moment his fingertips brushed against her brittle skin, she disappeared like sand flying away in the wind. Zitao froze in disbelief. Was Niu Mikun a figment of his imagination?

 Tao shot up from underneath his covers. He reached for his journal and pen and started writing,

February 25th, 2013

I had a dream about Niu Mikun. She told asked me if I believed she was real... Is she real? I'm... I'm not crazy... She's real. She's real! Just like mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa... They never died. They just went on vacation... I'm not going crazy..

 

Cold tears covered the page. Niu Mikun was real. She was just cold hearted. Tao's frustration didn't help anything. Frustration with school. Frustration with his family. Frustration with his life. Frustration with Mikun. Frustration with himself. Tao turned the page and began to write again, 

Just like caffeine. If I loved her, I'd only become obsessed.

She's bad for my health... But I still want her.

She tells me, "I'm too cold for love."

I want to hold her, engulf her in a blanket of my love.

I'll ask her to dance. She looks off and shuns me.

Do I love her?

Her harsh personality is like winter cutting my skin.

She's the coldest thing ever.

No avalanche or mountain can compare to her heart.

He sighed as the new school day begun. Oddly, Mikun was a little... more out of it. During lunch, he stood behind in class waiting for her. He paused when he noticed she was right before his face. Her lips starting moving but he heard no sounds.

 

"Even when spring comes and flowers bloom,
And summer comes, making memories melt down…

The four seasons never suited me in the first place.
I’m a cold child. My harsh personality is
like winter that cuts through the skin.
The cold wind. It’s needless to say.
To me, having a cold heart is everything.
My heart is like the winter ocean.
You’d know when you approach me on a ship.
That I’m not an island, but an iceberg.

I’ve lost my focus. My eyes are frosted.
Because my cold memories were being stepped on,
I only kept screaming without an Adam’s apple.
I was an icy road with nothing but painful scars.
My heart collapsed like an avalanche.
When I pulled myself together,
it was a lightless night again.
Even when the sun, named you, rises,
the snow-covered mountain will not melt.

It’s cold here. Even though
I hide my hands in my pockets
It’s too cold. Even though I put
my hands together and blow on them
Because my heart is frozen solid,
my lips keep becoming chapped.

I’m the only one who’s cold.
Even when I wrap my body with blankets
It’s too cold. Even when I throw
myself into someone else’s arms
Because my heart has a hole,
even though I try to cover it,
the wind keeps escaping.

Though spring visits flatteringly,
I stand on the edge of fall.
My memories have stopped at winter.
I’ve locked up my warmness.
Inside the chapped skin of my dry heart.
My memories are trapped in the frozen river.
They hold on to me, and don’t let go of my hands.
Ever since I learned about the cold separation,
spring, when flowers bloom, have never come again.

To me, cherry blossoms bloom like
snowflakes. It’s cold here.
To me, the sunshine only hits me like a blizzard.
I’m the only one who’s cold.
Whatever I touch, they all become frozen.
I’m afraid that I might hold your hands.
Becacuse, if you become close to me,
your heart might catch a flu, too.

It’s cold here. Even though
I hide my hands in my pockets
It’s too cold. Even though I put
my hands together and blow on them
Because my heart is frozen solid,
my lips keep becoming chapped.

I’m the only one who’s cold.
Even when I wrap my body with blankets
It’s too cold. Even when I throw
myself into someone else’s arms
Because my heart has a hole,
even though I try to cover it,
the wind keeps escaping.

I’m cold as ice. I’m cold as ice.
I’m cold as ice. So cold.

Even when spring comes and flowers bloom,
And summer comes,
making memories melt down… Here, it’s…

It’s cold here. It’s too cold.
Because my heart is frozen solid,
my lips keep becoming chapped.

I’m the only one who’s cold. It’s too cold.
Because my heart has a hole,
even though I try to cover it,
the wind keeps escaping"

She sang to him... like a caged birdfull of fright, loneliness, and hope. She wants help. She's too cold. "I'm too cold... too cold. It's cold. H-Help." Tao embraced her. He could barely feel her heartbeat... She was cold as ice... She shook violently and choked out cold tears. She was real. Despite crying cold tears, she was crying. Tao smiled optimistically. "T-Thank you Tao... I'm s-sorry." She reached up on her tip toes to wrap her frail and frigid arms around his neck. Tao stared out through the window. The blizzard was calming down... just like Mikun.

 

The End.

Author's Note: I really loved this prompt & song... I kept rewriting this entry so many times it's not even funny. I have no plans for winning because I still need improvement. I really worked hard to improve my writing style with this one. Ah~. It' still extremely cliche though. Thank you for helping me improve you guys~