Winter Rose

Winter Rose

 

The winter stars, the illuminations on the roadside trees
The veil covering skies, the sound of the falling snow
Hug, hugging even the times we were apart
I want to kiss you softly, my love, more and more
I want to convey my deep feelings to you

My only hope is that, you be at my side
Yes, close to heart, close to my love
The one and only love is here in my hands
I will be here only for you, always
Close to heart, close to your love
Our love blends together, in our hearts, winter rose

 

The first snowflake touched the windowsill of Yunho’s cosy and warm house. Winter was here. He knew that it would be a cold and frosty night ahead. He smiled as he sipped his cup of warm chocolate before bed. Yunho snuggled under his blanket as he watched the moving shadows across his bedroom’s ceiling. He blinked a few times before wrapping himself up with his warm and snugly blanket and comforter.

Yunho awoke the next day to his phone blasting “ Keep Your Head Down “. He blinked confusedly as he stumbled towards his phone. He then flipped the cover open and placed the phone towards his right ear.

 

“ Y-Yoboseyo? “ Yunho muttered clearly still dazed.

“ JUNG YUNHO! “ a feminine voice screamed at him lovingly across the phone.

 

Yunho’s still sleepy eyes widen in shock as his ears registered the loud cheerful voice from the phone. He then looked at the phone’s little screen and smiled when he saw the name that appeared on the little screen of his Blackberry cellphone.

 

“ Oppa? “ the voice continued to call out for Yunho.

“ Ahh, yehh? Baby.. I-I’m here. “ Yunho replied as he immediately place the phone back towards his ears.

“ I bet you’re still in your boxers eh? Wake up already.. I’m coming over. “ the voice replied laughingly.

 

Yunho looked at himself and blushed red in embarrassment. He looked at the window and discovered that it had been snowing hard last night. He literally knocked his head as he couldn’t believe that he has slept almost despite the really cold weather outside.

 

“ Sunny’s going to kill me. “ he thought to himself regretfully.

“ You better put on something to wear. No more sleeping in boxers. It’s winter, are you trying to get sick Jung Yunho? What about your schedules and your fan meetings? I’m coming over! “ the voice on the phone continued to nag on.

“ I-I understand, Sunny baby.. “ Yunho’s replied was brief and full with regret.

 

Yunho put his phone down and proceeded into the bathroom for a warm bath. He came out from the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist. His eyes widen as he saw a pair of eyes watching him as he moved from the bathroom towards the bedroom.

 

“ JUNG  YUNHO. “ the voice called out from behind him. Soon after, a pair of arms shot out from his back with a towel to cover his body.

 

Yunho lost his balance and the both of them landed on the bed, one on top of the other. Yunho stared into her eyes and looked away in embarrassment.

 

“ Get dress baby, it’s cold. “ Sunny replied as she wrapped the additional towel across Yunho’s bare chest.

“ Someone’s impatient to see me. “ Yunho teases as he watched her sit next to him.

“ Just get dress Yunho. What’s with the in the morning? “ Sunny replied a little annoyed by the teases Yunho was giving.

 

Yunho put on his favourite casual t-shirt and shuddered as the cold fabric rubbed against his warm skin. He then proceeded with his jeans and styled his hair.

 

“ All set Sunny. “ Yunho smiled as he pinned her on his bed.

“ Yahh! “ Sunny struggled in order to get away from Yunho.

 

Yunho place kisses on her lips and Sunny stopped struggling. He smiled at her as he released her arms and pulled her into a tight embrace as they both lie on the bed.

 

“ I just love you so much. I don’t think words are enough to describe them Sunny. You are my life. “ Yunho said as his eyes sparkled looking at her.

“ Baby, I love you too. But you’re really different today..? Something happened Yunho? “ Sunny replied as she pecked Yunho’s lips and chin gently.

“ Nope. I just feel really grateful that we are both in love with one another? “ Yunho said as he sat up straight on the bed.

“ Let’s go shopping baby? There’s this one thing that I want to buy. “ Sunny stated as she wrapped her arms around Yunho’s waist and leaned on his back.

“ Yeah? Alright.. I’ll bring you there. “ Yunho replied as he rubbed her arms lovingly.

 

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

 

As soon as the both of them reached the mall, Sunny zoomed across the mall forgetting Yunho. Yunho widened his eyes in shocked as he sighed in disappointment. All that was left of her was just the scent of the sweet strawberry perfume she was using.

 

“ S-She just left without me. “ Yunho muttered sadly as he pouted to himself.

 

Yunho tried to hide his disappointment as he walked through the mall by himself. It was Christmas tomorrow. The mall was beautifully decorated with Christmas pine trees of various sizes. The ornaments on the trees jingled as people touched them making lovely little jingly sounds. Yunho smiled as he saw two little children running around a Christmas tree. There were also red, gold and silver decorations all around the main entrance of the mall. Words like “ Merry Christmas “ and “ Seasons Greetings “ filled the halls interiors.

Yunho stumbled across a jewellery shop as he was enjoying the magnificent Christmas decorations of the mall. He went into the shop and was in awe. Pieces of jewellery of all sizes could be found in this wonderland of gold, silver and diamond. On the right of the shop, trays after trays of rings of all sizes, shapes and designs stretch across the display table of the shop. Where else towards the left side of the shop, necklaces and bracelets of the finest quality were displayed on the table. Yunho walked slowly as he took a look at each of the fine and delicate piece of art carefully.

 

“ Good day sir. May I help you with something? “ a shop assistant came towards him, flashing a friendly smile.

“ Well, I was just looking around. But, can you suggest me something as a Christmas present for my girlfriend? “ Yunho stated politely as he looked towards the shop assistant before glancing back towards the tray of rings on the display table.

“ One moment sir. “ The shop assistant bowed before going behind the counter, swiftly picking up a few jewellery pieces which she thought might be up to Yunho’s liking.

 

The shop assistant returned a few moments later and started to brief Yunho on every single piece she picked out especially for him, hoping that the piece would be something he was looking for.

 

“ This ring here, is a limited edition 20 karat gold ring with additional diamonds in the shape of a crane. “ she explained politely.

 

Yunho nodded before the shop assistant continued again.

 

“ The symbol of the crane simply means longevity in life. And this ring here, it’s pure silver with a gem-filled butterfly design on top of it. This is one of the most sought after designs in this shop. “ the shop assistant continued briefly.

 

Yunho decided to get the ring with the butterfly design and also a necklace with a pink –coloured love ornament on it as a Christmas present for Sunny. He told the shop assistant to wrap and to place the jewellery pieces in a well-decorated box. The box chosen by Yunho was a small tiny box with miniature love-shaped patterns decorated all over the box. Inside the box sat the butterfly designed ring and the apple ornamented necklace. Yunho prayed that Sunny would be happy with the Christmas present that he was about to give him. He has also added a small little note to be attached to the side of the tiny box. In the note, Yunho wrote…

 

Dear Sunny,

Baby, Merry Christmas.

I hope you love this little surprise I’ve prepared for you. It’s not much but it’s sincerely filled with my love for you. Thank you for all that you have done for me. Those times when you stood by my side, comforting me when I was down and just cuddling up with me to cheer me up when I was sick. I cherish each and every moment of us being together and I hope our love for one another would never fade.

I had loved you from the bottom of my sincere heart and I will continue to love you from now on. Let’s love and share our happiness and sadness together from now onwards. You are the angel of my heart always.

Your love,

Jung Yunho

 

Yunho attached the small note on the box and put it into the pocket of his large black leather jacket. Soon after, Sunny came running towards him. She hugged him tightly as her arms wrapped around Yunho’s waist. She smiled as she let her cheek rest on Yunho’s broad and warm chest.

 

 

The crowds overflowing in the golden and silver malls
You are running to me with a small box in your hand
Watching you at that moment, my heart leaps
I want to kiss you forever, your love, surely
I’ve finally found my answer

My only hope is that, you be at my side
Yes, close to heart, close to my love
We should be able to believe in our love
I will be here only for you, always
Close to heart, close to your love
We can even share our loneliness, in our hearts, winter rose

 

 

“ Baby, where were you? “ Sunny spoke as she looked up towards Yunho’s face.

“ Walking around the mall. You left without me! “ Yunho replied as his disappointment returned. He pouted towards her unknowingly and Sunny giggled uncontrollably.

“ What? “ Yunho muttered looking at Sunny giggling at him.

“ Baby, don’t pout. It’s funny. “ she said and burst into a cloud of giggles again.

 

Yunho stared at her and rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed with her giggles. Sunny stopped and went towards Yunho again. This time she whispered into his ears, sending Yunho ears into euphoria.

 

“ S-Stop that! “ Yunho said as he shuddered at her whispers.

“ Haha, who’s the y one now? “ Sunny teased Yunho as she poked Yunho at the sides cutely.

“Y-Y-You.. alright.. y-you w-win! “ Yunho muttered as he moved awkwardly to escape Sunny’s itchy and desperate fingers from poking him.

“Right, I have something for you. “ Sunny said as she took out a large sweater from the shopping bag in her arms.

 

Yunho eyes sparkled as he saw the black and grey stripped sweater in Sunny’s hand. He smiled as she put handed it to him, asking him to have a look.

 

“ Thanks baby. You’re the best! “ Yunho said as he pulled her close and hug her tightly against his chest.

“ No problem. Where’s mine? “ Sunny asked as she peck him on his cheek.

“ Somewhere? Let’s go home? “ Yunho winked as he held her hand and walked them both to his car.

 

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

 

Once they were home, Yunho carried Sunny into his bedroom and closed the door. He then took off his jacket and placed it on the coat hanger at the side of his room. He secretly dropped the tiny box into Sunny's handbag without her knowledge. He smiled as he turned to face her. Sunny’s eyes widen in shock as she continue to pay attention to what the man in front of her was doing.

 

“ Baby, we aren’t.. I-I’m not ready.. “ Sunny stuttered nervously as she tried to get up from the bed.

“Not ready? Not ready for what? “ Yunho questioned, puzzled by her nervousness.

“ I’m n-not ready for the both of us.. you know.. I’m not ready to sleep with you. “ Sunny said with her head hung low.

Yunho burst out laughing so hard that he nearly sat down rolling on the floor. Sunny soon realized that she was thinking too much and her face blushed bright red in embarrassment. Yunho wiped his tears and he struggled to stop laughing and then went on to sit next to Sunny on his bed.

“ Look, we aren’t married. We just dated.. for around 10 months. It’s impossible for us to advance that fast. So don’t worry Sunny.. “ Yunho replied as he patted her head gently.

“ Y-You’re really caring Yunho. I’m sorry that I thought of you that way. “ Sunny said as she looked down. Her fingers fumbled nervously against each other as she waited for Yunho to talk.

“ Hey.. hey.. It’s okay. Things happened.. and people misunderstand sometimes.. It’s alright. “ Yunho said calming her reassuringly as he pulled her into a warm hug.

“ I love you. “ she muttered as she nuzzled into Yunho’s chest.

“ I love you too, Sunny. Forever. “ he replied as he kissed her head gently.

 

Sunny soon fell asleep in his arms. Yunho smiled as he gently placed her down on the bed and covers her up with the blanket. He then laid next to her, pulling her into his warm embrace. He kissed her forehead as she snuggled closer into the warmth of Yunho's body.

 

" Let's stay like this forever Sunny? Let there be only happiness for the both of us. Let us love and care for each other forever. You're my love and my winter rose forever. " Yunho muttered silently as he watched her sleeping peacefully.

 

 

⇝ Yunho’s POV ⇜

 

Dear Sunny,

My only hope is that, you be at my side. Close to heart, close to my love. I will be here only for you, always. Close to heart, close to your love.

 

 

 

For each memory we hold up to this moment
Please forgive this day, no more tears, no more lies
Tonight shall be the time our happiness would be rewarded
We are strongly tied together, so strongly

My only hope is that, you be at my side
Yes, close to heart, close to my love
The one and only love is here in my hands
I will be here only for you, always
Close to heart, close to your love
Our love blends together, in our hearts, winter rose

 

 

 

 


 

 

I'm sure the readers are wondering if Sunny received the present given by Yunho? She wasn't aware that Yunho had slipped it into her handbag. I'll leave it to the readers imagination as to the events that follow after my ending of this story.

I hope you, my readers enjoyed my story. Please look forward to more stories from me in the future. Comments are greatly appreciated.