he knew of pain

Write Me A Story

 

Kyuhyun still couldn’t understand what his and Siwon’s status was even after than kiss. Nothing has been awkward or he tries to be and he sees Siwon just being Siwon so he presumes everything was the same. Siwon had been kinder though, probably more demanding of his company.

 

“Kyuhyun I need you to come with me,” Siwon said one day.

“Why?” asked a clueless and sleepy Kyuhyun.

“You’re not doing anything, might as well,” was Siwon’s answer. Confused, slightly embarrassed and secretly happy Kyuhyun stood up and followed Siwon’s suit with a pout on his face.

 

“Kyuhyun, printers, now.”

 

“Kyu, let’s go grab some coffee it’s too cold.”

 

“Kyuhyun, where’s that book you read the other time, show it to me.”

 

 

Despite how much he wanted to spend those times alone with Siwon, Kyuhyun has slowly run out of patience. What were they? He would understand that for some odd reason Siwon has a liking for him as his junior but for Siwon to just kiss him suddenly after saying he was abstaining from Romance, that just topples Kyuhyun’s logical possibilities. So when Siwon had started asking or demanding for his company again Kyuhyun decided to complain this time.

 

“What the , Siwon?” he muttered the moment they were alone in the hallway, just in front of the vending machine that is now currently serving just anything hot beverages for the winter season.

“Watch your mouth Kyuhyun,” Siwon reprimands as he bends over to get his coffee. “Hasn’t anyone told you off about that kind of language?” he ends as he blows over the hot liquid. Kyuhyun scowls at him.

“I’m not your man servant or your shadow to go or do anything you want me to do, you know,” Kyuhyun retorts as he rolls his eyes. “I’m a filler member, so I’m not supposed to do anything, and you’re supposed to have relinquished your position as Head by now, so stop acting like one.”

“Starting next year, for the rest of the semester I’ll be busy,” Siwon says after taking a small sip.

“So you’re cramming now, and you’re dragging me along?” exclaimed Kyuhyun.

“Yeah, I guess I am.” Siwon shrugged.

“Why?” exasperated Kyuhyun.

“Because I like you.”

“Come again,” Kyuhyun demanded softly, stunned and lost or anything smart to say.

Siwon smiled warmly. “You’ve seen me in an awkward situation which made me say something I somehow regret so I couldn’t tell you properly but yes, I like you Cho Kyuhyun, very much so. That’s why as much as possible, every minute I’d want you there. Even if it’s just for something trivial as having coffee drinks, or proof reading my manuscript.”

“I –” Kyuhyun wanted to kill himself at that moment, he has completely lost control over his tongue.

“Don’t pressurized yourself over this I’m not expecting anything, I just hope everything stays the same.”

“What the ?!” Kyuhyun swears. Siwon scowls.

“If you swear one more time I’m going to kiss you,” threatens Siwon.

“Bull,” Kyuhyun cusses with a smirk. Siwon chuckles and shakes his head in disbelief.

“Somewhere not public then,” Siwon mutters, Kyuhyun pouts and steps closer making a quick peck onto Siwon’s lips before starting to walk on ahead with his own coffee, “Coward,” he calls out as he continues to walk, regaining his confidence.

 

 

Kyuhyun has regained his composure, his center of gravity and although he had wanted to actually blast off into space like some space rocket, he didn’t want to be teased at. He especially doesn’t want anymore teasing from Donghae so he continues to act unwilling whenever Siwon would ask for him during club meetings. But because both of them had come to a mutual understanding on their feelings, the demands have come lesser but the hangouts after school had grown twice as much.

 

“Who is this?” his mother asked with a welcoming smile and had instantly grown a liking for Siwon when he sees him giving a polite bow immediately plus his respectful way of greeting.

“He’s going to be the ex-Head of the club be–”

“Ex?” his mother interrupted, with a slight frown.

“He’s a graduating student, go figure,” bluntly replied Kyuhyun. “Anyway, he’s going to be helping me with something school related,” relayed Kyuhyun.

“Okay, would you want some chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate?” his mother prodded.

“Yes please,” Kyuhyun smiled sweetly which shocked Siwon. They’ve spend some good quality time together but has yet to see the sweet, cute side of Kyuhyun and he just felt his heart swell seeing Kyuhyun acting like a little child in front of his mother and with the mention of cookies and hot chocolate.

 

Kyuhyun had noticed how Siwon had been gaping at him in awe. “I’m a shy person okay” he said as if that would be enough to explain his behavior. Siwon shrugs, he was just being contently happy after seeing two things in one afternoon – a smiling, childlike Kyuhyun and a blushing Kyuhyun and he thought it was even more precious that Kyuhyun hasn’t realized it at all.

 

 

*~*~*

 

Now, anyone knowing this would be confused as to why, oh why is the present Kyuhyun such a servant of Satan in his adulthood? Even though he was already born with a smart mouth, he was just an awkward, lazy timid boy and had somehow just encountered his first love.

 

Kyuhyun was still sixteen then, he was excited and even though he tried hard to conceal it, practically everybody in the club already knows why. It was already the end of school, or rather, the Christmas break was about to start with the end of classes that day. It was already that time where he’s going to give his material present to his boyfriend and the other one, the one that Donghae had offhandedly suggested, later for the first Christmas he and Siwon would be spending together.

 

 

“Okay, let’s start,” suggested the new Head of the club when everything was ready.

Kyuhyun looked around. “But Siwon isn’t here yet.” Everyone told him that he’ll come later, he must be just busy with other things and Kyuhyun finds it reasonable enough and the little party started. But as the minutes turned to an hour, Kyuhyun had begun to worry. Siwon hasn’t come yet. They had started giving out presents and still no Siwon.

 

“I’ll go check the faculty room, maybe the teachers’ got him doing chores again,” another member said and headed out. They had continued on with partying inside the library and no one really cared or reprimanded them, the library was closed for their party anyway.

 

 

“So where the heck is he?” Kyuhyun muttered when he saw the member coming.

“Kyu, you know,” the member hesitated. He scratched his nape and showed his phone. Kyuhyun’s eyebrows furrowed but looked over the phone. It was a picture of a  document – a Document of Transfer. Attached or written on it was Siwon’s name. “They said it was urgent,” the member explained softly, as he sees Kyuhyun having a dark aura around him. “They said Siwon was trying to put this off for some time, at least until graduation but he has to, and there was no other time so –”

Kyuhyun started to chuckle and pat him by the shoulder. “Why are you explaining to me with that look?” Kyuhyun says nonchalantly. But no matter how hard he tried to act indifferent, everyone in the room has seen how shocked and shaken he was, even more than everyone else.

“Kyuhyun,” Donghae starts softly.

“I’m fine.” Kyuhyun snapped. His hand has balled into fist at each side of him. He marched towards the door, anyone standing by it moved out of the way. “I’m going home,” he muttered quietly.

“How about your gift?” someone asked.

“I don’t care, throw it out, burn it, donate it. Clearly, it’s of no use now, a certain someone isn’t here,” Kyuhyun spats and walks off. Everyone was looking at each other. Donghae took one of the boxes and ran after Kyuhyun.

 

“Kyu,” he called. Kyuhyun had stopped midway from the white coated path and turned around. Donghae stretched out a medium sized rectangular box. “This is yours,” Donghae breathes. Kyuhyun took it from Donghae’s hands but when he read the card attached to it, his eyes narrowed and his blood boil. Kyuhyun dropped the box and trudge off. “Kyuhyun,” Donghae calls out again and tries to catch up to him. “It’s not like he did it on purpose.”

 

“Yes Donghae, he didn’t do it in purpose,” Kyuhyun started coldly. “He didn’t purposely tell me anything for those weeks we’ve been together. He didn’t purposely at least say goodbye. He didn’t do anything and I don’t want anything coming from him,” exclaimed Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun bit his lower lip.

“You can cry,” Donghae whispers.

“Why?” hissed Kyuhyun.

“Because, you know,” and Donghae starts to sniffle.

“Wow, Donghae, I’m the one that’s just been thrown off like trash, so why are you the one crying?” Kyuhyun doesn’t know if he should continue being angry, betrayed and hurt or just laugh at how comical his friend was.

“Well, obviously, you don’t want to shed it out,” Donghae pouted. “You’re ing hurt, and your eyes want to ing cry so why not Kyuhyun? Seeing you like this hurt me even more and I just couldn’t stand it.”

“Fine, I’m going to do all the staying angry as hell that I’d want to eat him alive if ever we meet then you do all the crying and moping okay?”

“Kyu, I ain’t your crying lady.”

“Yes Hae, you aren’t. You are my crying, soft hearted best friend.”

“Not funny,” Donghae muttered as he wipes off the tears.

“Well, since when have I been funny anyway? And while I’m on the subject of killing someone mentally might as well kill the Christmas spirit with it, right?”