Cpt O1

Tell Me

Gif Not Mine. Credit to Owner.

 


Would you be my girlfriend?

The boy folded the small paper note he had in his hand, and slowly slid it next to the girl who sat in front of him. He was nervously playing with his fingers, and sometime taking glances at her to see if she noticed the note yet.

It took about a minute for her to see it, or ‘57 seconds’, he would’ve said.

The girl slowly unfolded the paper and neatly opened it before starting to read the few words on it. A tint of pink blush appeared on her face as she bit her lower lip, a habit of hers when she’s happy.

He was scared. Was she not going to accept his feelings? He eagerly waited for her answered, keeping his stare fixed on her.

She looked up to meet his gaze and smiled. She slowly nodded timidly.

His eyes grew wider, and a rather loud ‘YES’ escape from his mouth, earning him glares. He quickly apologized; he forgot they were in the library. She quietly giggled at his actions. So their journey as a couple started there.

`

Kai and Jinah were heading home, silently. It’s been almost three months since they’re together, but it had always been like this. Silence dominating them.

“Kai!” a familiar deep voice called. Both two turned their head. “Aw, look at the couple turning their head in synch!” Chanyeol teased.

Jinah blushed, while Kai glared at his friend. He always comes up with some weird cheesy things.

“You free?” Chanyeol changed subject. Kai made a sign with his head to let the latter continue. “We’re one short, Suho hurt himself…” he briefly explained.

Kai turned his head to Jinah, and she smiled back raising her eyebrows up wondering why he turned to her.

“Are you in a rush to go home?” he asked.

Jinah shook her head, “Anni, go. I’ll watch you guys play.”

“Yes!” Chanyeol cheered as he pumped his fist in the air. Unconsciously, he hugged Jinah. The only female was surprised at first, but let him do. It took a few seconds before Chanyeol realized that he was hugging his friend’s girlfriend. He quickly released her from his bear hug and scratched the back of his neck, muttering a sorry.

Jinah shook her head, “It’s okay. Let’s go, or you guys will pull back the match too long.”

Chanyeol and Jinah started to walk, but Kai stood behind.

*We haven’t even hugged yet…* he frowned. *Yet, she’s letting another boy do it so casually.*

“Jongin-ah!” Jinah called. Hearing his name, he shook that thought away and looked at Jinah. He smiled, she was the only one allowed to call him by his real name. He then ran to catch up the two.

`

Not being a big fan of soccer, though she loves to watch Kai play, she could only understand that the 8 boys on the game were running after a ball and there were 2 goalies.

Noticing that she was bored, Suho went to sit next to her.

“I see you’re really into the game,” he chuckled.

Jinah shot up straight, knowing that someone had been watching her. She looked on the side and saw who was talking to her. “Suho oppa!” she frowned “You gave me a fright!” she laughed.

“Wae? Because you weren’t being attentive?” he asked.

Jinah blushed, “I-I am!” She turned her head back to the game, showing him that she was watching carefully from the beginning.

Suho chuckled as he watched the younger latter flustering about this. “Why aren’t you cheering for Kai?” he asked after a silent pause.

“Do you think he’d hear me with this crowd already screaming?” she pointed the fangirls.

The older boy laughed and agreed with her. “Kai’s lucky to have you as his girlfriend. Such a sweet and caring girlfriend you are,” he said as he pinched her cheek.

“Then it’s about time you get one too,” she back. The two laughed, momentarily forgetting about the game.

 

“Yeah!” Kai’s teammate cheered as he made a goal. Kai hi-fived his friends, and wiped his sweat with his shirt, turning himself to look at Jinah. *She isn’t looking* his shoulders dropped. Instead, she was laughing with his hyung. Her smile seemed brighter than when she was with him.

Was the way he treated her wrong?

Or maybe did she not actually like him?

That question was always on Kai’s mind. He didn’t know why she accepted his confession. Sometime he’d doubt their feelings. They hadn’t hugged, nor even held hands. Let’s forget about having their first kiss.

“Yah, Kai!” Chanyeol shouted his name to bring him back to the game.

`

“Wah, you were great today,” she smiled turning to look at him as they walked. *She saw?* he thought to himself. Running ahead, leaving Kai wonder what she was doing, she got a few meters away and kicked air. “Goal!” she turned around and made a peace sign.

Kai laughed at her cute actions and jogged at a quicker pace to join her.

“So you did see...” he said quietly, but Jinah still heard.

“Of course! Who do you think I am?” Jinah asked.

“The almighty Do Jinah!” they said at the same time.

Surprised, Jinah looked at him with wide eyes, “How did you know that?”

“You think I only know the quiet side of you?” he asked back, with a chuckle.

Jinah blushed. *So he must seen how crazy I’m with my friends!* she silently gasped.

They were only midway and both knew that their conversation had died like that, again.

Taking the opportunity of this silence, Kai took Jinah’s hand and intertwined their fingers. She looked down, seeing their hands together, and looked back up, staring at his side profile.

“W-wae? Can’t I hold my girlfriend’s hand?” Kai said as if nothing happened, but an obvious blush was on his face. *Cute* Jinah thought as she bit her lower lip.

`

Kai came back to his homeroom class to get his bag before going to Jinah’s class. But when he got there, he frowned. *Another dinnertime without Jinah* he thought to himself. He stared at the lunchbox for a long five seconds, before Sehun called him.

“Yah, Kai! What are you doing?”

Kai lifted his head to look at the younger boy and shook his head.

“Nothing. I’ll eat with your guy today,” he smiled.

The two went to join the other boys outside. Chanyeol was the first to notice them.

“Where’s Jinah?” he asked.

“Busy,” Kai briefly replied.

The boys looked at him, with pity. Kai always looked so down when Jinah isn’t around. But they’d still wonder how Kai hadn’t made a move on her. It’s been already a while since they were together.

Kai opened his lunch and was greeted by two pig pandas made out of rice. He chuckled to himself, *Today’s theme is panda.*

“Yaaah, you’re lucky to have Jinah make your lunch every day” Chanyeol complained as he looked at his friend’s food.

“You should learn how to cook then,” D.O stated.

“That’s because you’re a chief, you don’t eat bread every lunch” Baekhyun retorted.

Kai ignored their small bickering and ate his food enjoying it. Jinah might not be there in person, but she made this delicious meal for him.

`

“A-ah, I’m sorry…” Jinah tried to apologize to the boy she never met before, but just confessed to her. “As you may know, I’m in relationship with K—”

“But you two are almost never together!” he harshly said.

“It can’t be helped if I’m busy with school’s committee,” she defended herself.

“Aren’t you dating him out of pity?” he continued, “Everybody knows how nice you are, Jinah. You probably don’t even like him back but just accepted him because you were scared to hurt his feelings, isn’t?”  Jinah, taken aback, started to get nervous.

“You’re wrong…” she said whisperingly, her shaking voice was almost inaudible.

Seeing her expression, the boy looked at the ground feeling bad talking loudly to her. There was a minute of silence before she started talking again. Instead of being mad, Jinah quickly composed herself and continued to console him, “Here,” She handed him a strawberry candy. “This is my sorry to you.” she smiled, and lightly tapped his shoulder. “I’m sure you’ll find a much better girl out there.”

Like that, Jinah walked away quickly, wiping the tears that were starting to form in her eyes. On her way, she hoped she didn’t make Kai wait too long. However, Kai was hiding behind the wall, listening to their conversation earlier. *Almost never together* *Don’t even like him back* *Hurt his feelings* the words the boy said earlier kept repeating in his mind. He looked at her approaching. *Maybe, he’s right…* he thought, *Maybe she doesn’t like me.*

Kai stepped out of his hiding spot, surprising Jinah.

“You’re here?” she asked, “Sorry for the late, I had to deal wi—”

“Let’s break up.” Kai pronounced the three words he never thought he’d say.

Jinah was surprised by the abruptness. She frowned looking at him, not sure if she heard right.

“W-what?”

Kai looked at her in the eyes, “You never loved me, isn’t it?”

“What are you talking about? Jong—”

“Don’t call me that,” he suddenly cut her. Kai was never bothered by her calling his real name, hence surprising her with his tone, “You only pitied me and accepted my confession…” Hearing him, she recalled the confession of the boy earlier and shook her head.

“Listen I—”

“I don’t need any explanation,” like that, he walked away, without looking back at her once, fearing he would want to take back what he just said.

As for Jinah, she stood there still, looking at his back. A tear fell on her cheek. “But I love you…”

 

Kai dropped himself on his bed. He was facing his wall, but all he could see where picture he took of her. There weren’t one they took together. Even after three months, they had no pictures as a couple, barely had any skinship and never kissed. He smirked to himself. “Of course, she never loved me…” he whispered.

He was now sure his feelings were one-sided. Jinah couldn’t reject his confession because she was too nice. Everything back then, it was always him, him, and him.

 


So... this turned to into a twoshot...
Please anticipate for the next chapter~~