I Love You

A Story

You jumped down the stairs, dressed in yellow shorts and a white t-shirt tucked in. Your eyes smiled, staring at your handsomely dressed boyfriend, Woohyun. Woohyun formed his mouth in an 'O' shape.

 

Woah, you are the prettiest princess I've ever seen in my life.”

 

You laughed, linking arms with him, “Where shall we go today Mr. Prince then.”

 

Woohyun laughed, “Shall the princess decide this time or perhaps you prefer to do a little more role play in this house alone.”

 

You rolled your eyes, letting go of his arm, “You can play by yourself then, I think I'm going to go mentally puke outside while planning a way to break up with my erted boyfriend.”

 

Woohyun pulled your wrist back, “Yah! I was just kidding.”

 

You giggled, “I know, I was too.”

 

The two of you walked out, laughing and fingers intertwined. Walking until the both of you walked into a nearby ice cream parlor.

 

The waitresses eyes lit up once she saw Woohyun, “Oh well how may I help you sir.” She tried talking in a flirty manner while batting her eyes.

 

Woohyun gave a slight smirk, putting his hand around your waist while you were too busy looking at the menu. As soon as you felt his hand, you shifted your gaze to him, giving a him a look as if he was weird enough.

 

What are you doing.”

 

Woohyun pulled you closer, “What. Can't I do this to my girlfriend. Are you embarrassed that someone as handsome as me is your boyfriend and you don't want to be glared at by other girls.”

 

You scoffed, “Never in my life would I be like that. You're my boyfriend and if any girl even tries, she won't even be able to see another guy's face again.”

 

The waitress's jaw dropped, Woohyun turned with a satisfied smile. Once your head shot her direction, she bolted into a smile, “How may I help this lovely couple today. May I say you two fit perfectly together, both of you very beautiful.”

 

Thanks. I'll get a.....”

 

We'll get a large cup of chocolate fudge.” Woohyun cut you off.

 

You pouted, “I hate it when you do that.”

 

What. When I order for my girlfriend because I know what she wants.” Woohyun placed a quick peck on your cheek, “You're so cute you know that.”

 

Yah!” You smacked Woohyun's arms. Leaving him behind, you went to go find a seat.

 

Woohyun chuckled at your behavior. Watching as you stared intently at the couple ring in your finger. He noticed when your bangs fell down to your eyes, how you would shake it to the other side. He noticed how you would secretly smile while touching the ring. And he noticed how every little detail you did was beautiful and elegant to him even if it might not be to someone else.

 

Excuse me sir.” The waitress called Woohyun, holding the two ice creams. The waitress gave an annoyed expression, “Is that all.”

 

Woohyun nodded, handing her some money, “Thanks.” Woohyun shot a wink at her which made her cheeks flare up. Woohyun laughed in his head. *Too easy*

 

Woohyun placed the ice cream cup in the middle of the table, once sitting down, he earned a kick in the shin from you.

 

Ow!” Woohyun rubbed the spot, “Why'd you do that.” You kicked him again, “Stop it, do you know how much that hurts.”

 

Giving him a glare, you sent one last kick to him, “Don't think I didn't see you wink at that waitress. How many times do you need to annoy me in just one day.”

 

Woohyun laughed instead, “Thank you but she just looked so pitiful.”

 

I know.” You said with the spoon still in your mouth, “I saw her trying to flirt with you, I'm not stupid when I see someone trying to get it with my boyfriend.” Woohyun stole the spoon out of your mouth. You tried taking it back, “Use your own spoon.”

 

There's only one.” Woohyun said innocently, “So we have to share.”

 

You stole the spoon back as soon as Woohyun plopped it into his mouth, “Yeah well I don't like sharing germs with other people.” Woohyun smirked, pulling his seat closer to yours. You stared at Woohyun for a few seconds, “What are you planning on doing.”

 

Woohyun shrugged, “Nothing,”

 

Stealing the spoon out of your mouth and placing a big junk into his. You couldn't help but laugh at his full mouth until he looked at you dead in the eyes. Grabbing your chin, placing his lips onto yours. Forcing your lips and mouth to open and passing the ice cream he had just ate. You tried your best to push him back, struggling until he finally let go of the kiss.

 

Woohyun wiped the liquid coming down his mouth, smirking and chuckling, “How's the germs for you now.”

 

You covered your mouth, flustering, and turning red. You just continued eating the ice cream like nothing happened. The people surrounding you looked away awkwardly, giving murmurs about how they shouldn't do that in public.

 

Babo.” You stated.

 

Exiting the parlor shop, Woohyun intertwined his fingers with yours.

 

You know, I'm surprised you didn't yell or scream at me back there.” Woohyun leaned closer, “Perhaps you accept me doing those things in public now.”

 

Playboy.” You rolled your eyes, “I didn't react because....”

 

I love you.”

 

You head shot towards his direction, “What?”

 

Woohyun looked away, starting to get embarrassed, “I love you.” Your heart fluttered and your cheeks turning more red. Woohyun smiled, seeing your expression.

 

I love you too.”

 

After walking a few more minutes, Woohyun pulled you to his motorcycle parked outside your house.

 

Get on,”

 

You placed the helmet on your head, “Where are we going.”

 

That's for me to know and for you to find out.” Woohyun got onto the motorcycle first, waiting for you to get on.

 

Wrapping your arms around his waist tightly, he zoomed off full speed making you hold on even tighter. Woohyun smirked, feeling your warmth overcoming him inside. The faster he went, the harder it was becoming for you to hold onto him. Woohyun stepped down on the brakes, hoping to go slower but instead going a bit faster. *Uh-oh*

 

Woohyun-ah!” You couldn't take it anymore, “Go slower!”

 

Woohyun made a reassuring laugh, “It's alright, nothing will happen!”

 

Woohyun! Please go slower!” You gripped his shirt tighter than usual.

 

Okay but tell me you love me!”

 

I Love You!” You screamed your loudest.

 

Give me a hug!”

 

You pressed your body up against his back, squeezing him hard, “Okay now slow down!”

 

______-ah!” Woohyun screamed.

 

What!”

 

I Love You!”

 

Slow down!”

 

Can you do one last thing for me!”

 

What!”

 

A tear slid down Woohyun's eye, “Close your eyes and hold tightly!”

 

*Honk Honk*

 

The impact of Woohyun's motorcycle smashing into another car, your gasp on Woohyun let go as you were flung off, your body dropping to the ground, catching the broken glasses of the other car, bouncing like a ball until to a complete stop. The cars stopped, the sounds of sirens rang, and your mind suddenly gave out.

 

*Beep....Beep...Beep...Beep*

 

He's losing too much blood!”

 

*Beep..Beep..Beep..............*

 

A sigh “Time of death, 12:05 pm.”

 

Your eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the bright lights. Trying to lift a finger or at least moving. Your mother ran to your side, crying and calling for a doctor or nurse. Everything seemed to come back to you, from the car crash to passing out on the ground.

 

W-Where's Woohyun-ah?”

 

The doctor walked in, “Kang ____ right?”

 

Y-Yes.”

 

It's a relief your still alive. Good thing you wore that helmet or you wouldn't even be here with us today. Lets see, you have some fractured ribs, broken bones and a little concussion but it'll be fine after a few weeks so you should just rest up your body and try not to move so much.”

 

Your eyes averted to your mother, “Where is he?”


“Honey.” She your arm, “He didn't make it.”

 

W-What do you mean.”

 

Your mother gulped, “Woohyun-ah......he passed while you were unconscious.”

 

Silence filled the air for a few seconds, “Y-You're lying.”

 

______-ah”

 

You're lying!” You screamed, shoving her hand away, “He's not dead! He can't be! You're lying to me!”
 

You held your mother's hand, walking down the hallway. Thinking in your head, *He can't be, he can't be*

 

Finally being let into the room. Your eyes widened as your lips started to quiver. Taking slow steps towards the lifeless body of Woohyun until your legs gave out. Tears ran down like a river. You gripped the hem of your shirt, standing up and supporting yourself.

 

B-Babo...” You lightly hit his non moving chest, “Babo! I thought you loved me!”

 

You walked out of the hospital for some fresh air. Tears still running down as a nurse followed you behind. Sitting on a bench in a place with the view of many trees. You gripped your hair, screaming and crying out all the frustrations, the sadness, and the anger. A gush of wind came, blowing your hair around and brushing warmth against your skin, a very familiar warmth. Looking up, time stopped and his figure stood. Hands in pockets. Well dressed in a suit and smiling like there was no tomorrow.

 

I love you.” The wind whistled, taking his image with it.