Chapter two

White Love

Jeongmin stared blankly at Stephy's face. Pregnant? He didn't move, he didn't speak. He wasn't even breathing.

"Yah," Stephy called, tears threatening to escape.

"You're sure?" was all he could manage to whisper.

Stephy nodded. "I'm sure. I went to the doctor's office and got an ultrasound done." A tear ran down her face. "There's really a baby in my stomach."

"A baby..." His eyes shifted to her stomach. "And it's...mine?"

"I haven't been with anyone else, Jeongmin."

He took a deep breath. "How long have you known?"

"I wasn't entirely sure until last week, but I suspected it weeks before."

Jeongmin ran his hands through his hair, letting out a long sigh. "I can't believe this."

"Like I said, I'll go away." Stephy pleaded. "I'll handle this, okay? Don't let me...us...ruin your career."

She turned to leave again. She ran only a few feet before Jeongmin caught up to her. He ran in front of her, blocking her way. Not having the will in her to fight, Stephy gave in. She fell into Jeongmin's arms, crying silently. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Jeongmin lifted her chin, making her look at him. "Stephy," he whispered, staring intently in her eyes. Then he cupped her cheeks and kissed her lips sweetly. He lightly brushed his thumb across her cheek, wiping her tears away.

"J-Jeongmin?"

"Stephy, I love you. I love you more than my career, more than my fans. I love you more than anything in this entire world. And I will never leave you, nor will I ever let you go." He kissed her softly once more. "This is gonna be hard for us, and there's gonna be a fight ahead. But as long as I have you, the both of you, I'll be okay. We'll be okay."

"So...you're not mad? You want to stay with us? You're really going to risk everything...for us?"

"Did you really think I'd let you take care of our baby all by yourself?" He chuckled lightly. "No, jagi. I'm staying with you forever."

Stephy started sobbing again. Only this time, it was because she was so happy. She didn't think Jeongmin would respond like this. He held her until he felt her heart calm down. When Stephy finally stopped crying, he kissed her sweetly.

As quickly as Stephy's joy came, it was gone. "Oppa, we still can't be together."

"Why not?" Jeongmin frowned.

"We can't keep this a secret. Everyone will wonder about us."

He furrowed his eyebrows, thinking hard. "What if I tell everyone you're on vacation?"

"For nine months?" She laughed lightly. "People aren't dumb, Jeongmin. And besides, your fans have been following me lately. We can't keep anything secret from sasaeng fans."

"You're right," he sighed. "Then there's only one thing we can do."

Stephy nodded. They had to tell Starship and let them handle it responsibly. Even though Jeongmin had promised to stay with her, Stephy had a bad feeling about what was about to unfold.