Meeting her

Please don’t break!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-17 September 2012-

I become a prey on my own, stirring my spoon
Battle royal, a profession where I must survive
If you waver you’re disqualified, move it just begun

Murderous looks keeping each other in check
When I turned around after running for a long time
I had lost my innocence and became a villain
No one will forgive me

I will survive as I live
I must survive until the end

The sound of shouting fills the hall
The hand gesture that forces more stimulation
A layer is taken off, fully gesturing ally
Even though it looks beautiful, the inside is mangled from rotting

I successfully endured with a sober mind
One person pours tears, saying it’s now too much
This reality tangled with lies and impossible insistence
I’m scared to face it

--Battle Roya – ZICO--

 

As soon as the last words left his mouth, the cheering of the crowd became even louder, making him unable to hear the music anymore. Zico took in a deep breath. He could feel his heartbeat slowing down every single second.

Tick – the hand of the clock moved – tock – his heart slowed down.

It wasn’t good. It was a signal for him to stop rapping unless he wanted to spend his next hours bounded to the bed of the hospital, struggling with the pain.

Just as he put his foot on the first step, his vision blurred for a second, making him stumble a bit. Hie head was pounding. The pain was so annoying yet he managed to smile.

“Are you alright?” Kyung asked him when he reached their table.

“Yeah” Zico barely mumbled.

“You should take it easier.”

“I will…”

“Really. Take it easier. You’re making all girls faint in here.” Kyung laughed.

He was right in a way. All the girls in the club were with their eyes on Zico, giggling like some kind of maniacs when he looked their way.

“I hate attention.” Zico sighed.

“You hate attention but you rap on the stage every night. That’s not too logical, isn’t it?” Jaehyo pointed out.

Zico shrugged. He couldn’t understand it himself. It was strange but being on the stage made him feel alive.

“Ah, so gorgeous!” Kyung sighed as he kept his eyes on a certain girl.

“Who?” Zico looked where Kyung’s gaze was fixed. As always, his friend was with his eyes on a girl – a beautiful one – but still, a girl.

“Ice queen.” Kyung grinned. “Do you remember the guy who was angry last week? The one screaming because he was frustrated to have gotten slapped by a girl?”

Zico nodded. It was impossible to not remember him. He put up a great show.

“She’s the one who slapped him. She rejects every boy that tries to approach her. I don’t get why she comes here when all she does is sitting alone in her corner.” Kyung shook his head.

“There are people like that as well. Everyone is having fun in his/her way.” Zico said.

After a bit more bickering, Kyung gave up. There was no reason for them to argue. They were both equally stubborn.

As Zico quietly sipped on his drink, he couldn’t help but look once or twice at the mysterious cold girl. Even though there were lots of boys eying her, she didn’t pay any attention to them. Her long dark hair was like a curtain that blocked her from meeting all the flirtatious looks thrown her way.

“Oppa~” some girls squealed, breaking Zico’s train of thoughts. They were clingy. A bit too much. They were hugging his arm as if it was something normal. Well, for him it surely wasn’t.

“Excuse me.” Zico awkwardly said as he stood up. He tried to get away from them but he wasn’t doing too great. In his attempt to walk backwards he accidentally bumped into a guy who was holding two drinks. Of course they had to spill and exactly on “Ice Queen”’s clothes. Zico’s face became white. He wasn’t in the mood to be made a fool by this girl and after hearing the rumours going around about her he was sure he wasn’t going to get away too easily.

“S-Sorry” he stuttered and bowed. “I swear it wasn’t on purpose!”

“Whatever.” The girl rolled her eyes. She stood up and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter