Haesica / Seven Tunes of Lee Donghae

Psychedelic [Super Generation Drabbles and Shots Collection]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Psychedelic

[6] Seven Tunes of Lee Donghae

 

 

 

Pairing             : Donghae x Jessica

Genre/Theme   : Romance, general

 

Pinboo’s spazzing on Donghae x Jessica:

If it’s not for Der Marchenclub, I would have never even thought of writing Haesica. As some of you might already know, I am an avid Aristocrats and Pyrotechnics, and wow, in all honesty, I really, really couldn’t believe that I’m actually writing a Haesica up until now, hehe. There’s just something so angsty about Haesica, and I really respect the bond that Donghae and Jessica have. Whenever I heard the song “Almost”, I am always reminded of Haesica. But I’ll try to write a happier shot for Haesica (besides, I really think that I need to change my image so that people will not assume I only write dark fic, hahaha), because I think this couple can be cute too. This may look like a drabble shots, but it’s actually a connected type of drabbles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1.         Rock Your World

 

          She cursed him even before she met him.

 

Jessica Jung, 20 year-old, blonde-haired (yes, this was not relevant, but she just dyed it a month ago, and it looked kinda good on her) enjoyed reading books more than anything. No, no, she was not the type of person who liked to read the hard stuffs; it was just the usual romance flick and sometimes, fashion magazines too. But she still considered them as literatures; and literatures should be enjoyed in peace, eh? The apartment she rented was a bit far from her campus area, and there were usually long periods between each of her classes. So when her second class ended, and she was in the middle of waiting for her third ones, she often sneaked to the rooftop of their campus building, and spent hours reading there. It was peaceful and tranquil there; she always thought the rooftop as her sacred sanctuary. That was why she found it utterly annoying, and curse-worthy, to suddenly have her perfect afternoon disturbed by it.

 

By him.

 

The rock melody was puzzling, and not to mention, totally distracting. Someone was playing guitar on her (well, technically, it was not hers, but still) supposedly calm rooftop. She had tolerated it for the first three minutes, but eventually, she lost her patience.

 

So she cursed.

 

And she slammed her book to the rooftop ground, stood up, and walked to the other side of the rooftop –where, the troublesome guitarist-wannabe was.

 

“Excuse me?!” she snapped, and had to shout at that, since his guitar sounds were really, really loud. “Someone else is also here; could you please bear that in mind?”

 

The guitarist was one that she had never seen before. But that was expected. Her campus was quite large, and Jessica only had a small circle of friends. But stranger or not, this person had dared to disturb her quality reading time.

 

The man (boy) jolted at her shout and immediately took his hands off the strings of his guitar. He blinked, as if puzzled, before he made his reply. “Uh, sorry?” he murmured his apology hesitantly. “Thought there’s nobody around. Hello,” he greeted as he scratched his ear –which, to Jessica’s mild anxiety, was pierced. She couldn’t see it clearly from where she stood, but she supposed there were at least three piercings on his left ear.

 

Jessica exhaled a deep breath. “Well, now you know,” she replied haughtily, before she made a sharp turn –intending to go back to her place to continue her read.

 

But not even three steps she took, and the disturbing sound of rock music was played again.

 

Jessica’s mouth gaped open and she turned around to face him again. “Hello?!” She was being a drama queen, she knew, but wasn’t she kind of famous for that?

 

The boy looked honestly puzzled. In timid voice, he asked again, “Yes?”

 

“Did you just play that again?”

 

“Er, yeah?”

 

“Didn’t I tell you that someone else is also here?”

 

“Yes, I know that now,” he replied, still confused.

 

Perhaps it was the heat, but his play-dumb attitude was really irking her. “Then shouldn’t you know not to play that again?”

 

“…Why?”

 

“Why?!” she repeated –aghast having to explain the little thing to him, “You’re being too noisy!”

 

“You mean I should stop playing the guitar because you’re also here?”

 

She glared at him. Just how dumb this boy could be? “Yes,” she hissed.

 

“Oh,” he replied slowly. “Sorry. I thought you only want to announce your presence here. I acknowledge it and well –”

 

Who in the world only came to yell at you only to announce their presence? Jessica furiously complained inside her head. But she tried to refrain herself. The boy may look like a badass rocker with all those piercings and black, grunge-style clothing. But judging by his replies, he could very well be an imbecile. Calm down, Jessica, she told herself.

 

“But isn’t this a public place?”

 

She widened her eyes at his attempt of arguing. The two seconds of silence passed simply because she could not believe he tried to argue back. But his expectant eyes were waiting for her reply, so she ended her silence period faster. “Exactly because this is a public place, you should bear other peoples’ concern too.”

 

“Are you disturbed by my music?”

 

She hated how she had to explain every little thing to him. “No, I have an eargasm by hearing the pleasant melody from your brilliant music –of course I am, Idiot!”

 

He cowered back, as if she was a dragon and she was ready to blow some fire to him. She took that as an offense, but decided to let this one pass. “Besides, I’m here first, so you should respect my right first before you pay heed of yours.”

 

“Ah. I understand now. Sorry about that,” he said as he quickly slung the strap of his guitar off his shoulders and unplugged the cable connecting his electric guitar with the amplifier. Jessica waited until the boy finished tidying up his things and finally walked towards the door that led to the stairs down. Before he closed the door, he murmured again, “Sorry, again.”

 

She ignored him, and already made a walk towards her original spot to read the page where she left at.

 

“Good riddance.”

 

 

2.         And All That Jazz

 

Minutes actually mattered, because when Jessica came to the rooftop again the day after, the stupid guitar boy was already there. He turned around when he noticed the door was opened and beamed brightly at her.

 

“Hello! This time I got here first, so it’s okay if I play the guitar now, isn’t it?”

 

Jessica was not sure whether the boy intentionally wanted to purposely annoy her or not. Either way, she just stared at him as if he was a weirdo, and murmured to herself, “Fine. I’ll just go somewhere else. You go ahead and play with your stupid guitar and –“

 

“Ah wait!” he said as he extended his arm to reach her.

 

She stared in horrid at the way he was holding her arms and snapped him out of it. “What’s wrong with you?!”

 

“Ah, you see, I am new here,” he said as he scratched his ear again. “I am from Mokpo, and I haven’t made any friends –“

 

“No wonder. With this kind of personality, I don’t see why you can get new friends soon.”

 

“ –and you are the first few people who actually talked to me. So I was wondering if you’d stay and listen to my music?”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow and gave an expression that basically said ‘And-why-in-the-world-would-I-need-to-do-that-for-you?’

 

“You seem like the trendy Seoul girl,” he reasoned after he read her expression. And she had to face palm herself for his weird and corny choice of word. “I’d like to know whether this kind of music can be accepted.”

 

Jessica crossed her arms before her torso, and tapped her fingers on her arm impatiently. “I don’t like rock music.”

 

“What music do you like then?”

 

“Jazz,” she replied without giving it much of thought. No, she did not like jazz either. She was more of a book type of person rather than the music type of person anyway.

 

“Cool! I think I know some songs! Please sit, and ah, what’s your name again?”

 

“Jessica,” she replied automatically –and cursed herself. She did not want to meddle any further with this freak, for goodness sake. Why would she have to tell her name?

 

“Jessica-sshi, hi! My name is Donghae. Lee Donghae. It means the east sea and –“

 

She already made a turn around.

 

But he reached for her arm again.

 

Irritated, and nearly whined, she replied, “What now?”

 

“Won’t you stay to listen to my music?”

 

“No.”

 

“Just one song?”

 

“No.”

 

“I will not bother you again afterwards?”

 

She sighed. She did not know many guys from Mokpo, or wherever place he mentioned. But she was sure that it was nearly impossible for someone already in college to still have a personality like this. What? Was he the male version of Rapunzel, trapped inside a tower and was never granted any access to socialize? The boy did not seem to understand the basic principle of socializing. Well, Jessica was definitely not an expert of socializing, but at least she knew how not to annoy people.

 

But despite anything, she asked, “You won’t bother me anymore after?” She felt kind of stupid a moment after, because certainly she had the perfect control of choosing not to be bothered by him. She did not have to fulfill his queer wish to escape him.

 

“Unless you want me too,” he replied with a cheeky smile.

 

And there must have been something weird with his smile –because when he grinned that way and like that (he was not teasin

Please log in to read the full chapter