Forsaken

Perfectly Imperfect (On Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Poor guy,” Jessica propped her chin with her hands on the table.  “He ended up as your victim instead of me, Miss…Puppeteer.”  A vicious one.  She tried that on her too but she failed.  “Give up.  It won’t work on me.”

Yoona molded her fists into rock.  “What is really your magic?”

“It’s a secret.”  She can’t tell her that she didn’t know.  “Or maybe, I’m unaffected simply because…I’m the princess of Macedonia.”

 

“Your words were pretty sharp, Hime-chan.  It could cut through one’s soul.”

Two guys arrived unexpectedly after Yoona walked out.  Junmyeon snapped back to reality too.  “Hyungs?!” 

Jessica’s expression turned into grim upon recognizing them.

“We’re here to see if Hime-chan has improved her darting skills,” the fair-complexioned guy responded.  The Prince of Skyesha, Hyukjae, played with the darts on his palm.  He's the only person who calls her Hime-chan.

“Have you gone above 90?” Prince Siwon of Kalifa, said with a smiley face.  Err—was he mocking her?  “Let me take care of the practice site.”  And in a snap of his fingers, the wooden target sprouted out of the ground several meters away from them.

Jessica massaged her throbbing forehead.  Another irritating day it is.  These guys are Junmyeon’s friends.  Like her, they are next in line to the thrones and the most powerful in their countries.  But she hated their guts.  So, she decided to leave them.  However, Prince Siwon built big boulders around the area.

“What in the world did you do to our garden?!”

“Relax, Hime-chan.  This is another realm.  Your garden is on the real world.”

Her blood pressure rose.  She picked a pebble and threw it at Hyukjae.  Before it could hit him, he created air blades to stop it.  But in an instant, they returned to the real world.

“Do not show off if you still can’t control both your magic perfectly.  It is more shameful,” Jessica already reached her limit and snapped at him.  The guys were rendered speechless.

How did she know that?  Hyukjae gaped at her.  Aside from being an air bender, he is also an illusionist.

Jessica might be weak in terms of power but she is knowledgeable.  Basically, she grew in the world of books, right?  She is aware that pure element holders—the crown princes—also possess other types of magic.  That makes them the strongest in their countries.  However, only a few can master both at the same time.

“Thank you for volunteering to help me, Gentlemen, but you need more practice than I am.  I am leaving.  I believe I have no business here anymore,” she walked away elegantly and retired to her room in the palace.

After taking off her mask, she remembered the book she got from the archives.  Now is the perfect time to read it.  She settled on her bed and examined it with excitement.  Only to find every page blank.

Talk about useless effort of sneaking up in the restricted section.

“Jessica—”

“Heavens?!  Junmyeon, learn how to knock, wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter