I suppose it's... you?

Waking Up With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Hanna took a deep breath as she tenderly patted Yabu’s shoulder who seems to be having a hard time thinking about an operation that can change his future. He just hopes that everything will be okay… everything will be fine… everything will go as planned and be able to see again.

 

He felt Hanna squeezing his hand tightly which made him squeeze back and smile at her. He can’t see anything with his damaged eyes but the gentle touch of Hanna is enough to make him secure that he’s not alone with this battle.

 

Tomorrow is the big day. Hanna and Yabu just waited and prayed for a miracle to happen with the hope of his operation to be a success.

 

“Thanks for making me do this…” Yabu said with a weak smile but a sense of worry is still evident on his face.

 

He thought for a while and just hoped that his girlfriend Yui is here with him. He just can’t help but to reminisce their fun times together however, his own thoughts faded when suddenly, Yui’s figure on Yabu’s imagination is easily replaced by Hanna’s vision. This is unusual for him.

 

He’s been thinking about Yui since she left and just hoped that she’ll come back for her. However, the creeping image of him and Hanna replaced those moments inside his head.

 

“You’ll be okay… after tomorrow, you’ll be able to see again” Hanna said with a tint of reassuring tone on her part. She then placed a soft peck on Yabu’s forehead and allowed him to rest for his big day tomorrow – the day of his much awaited eye operation.

 

However, Yabu’s attempt to rest is disturbed by the sudden opening of the door that revealed a very familiar figure that took Hanna by surprise. Hanna heard the sound of the opening door which made her turn and look around for clues on who the person was. To her shock, she saw Yui standing casually on the door and walked slowly towards her direction.

 

She then gave a small smile on Hanna that didn’t fail to give her a tingle on her spine.

 

“What are you doing here?” Hanna remarked within her presence. She just can’t help but to curse her existence after leaving Yabu just like that. To her dismay, Yui just smirked at her and let her facial expression do the talking.

 

“Thanks for taking care of my boyfriend… I’m just here to take him back!” Yui replied then went pass through Hanna’s shoulder, ready to approach Yabu under his white sheets.

 

-

 

“Hanna-chan… Did someone come?” Yabu asked as he heard another set of footsteps near him.

 

“Yabu-kun…” Yui started and held Yabu’s hand tightly.

 

By this, Yabu went quiet as he perfectly remembered that voice. The voice that he fell in love with… the familiar sound that he never thought that will come back to his side after all this time. She just thought that Yui left him for good.

 

“Yui?” he asked, still quite unsure.

 

“Hai~ I missed you…” Yui replied with a silent smile on her face. She then gave Yabu a tight hug and suddenly a soft kiss which made Hanna’s heart sink down her chest after seeing this.

 

“Why are you here?” Yabu said after they broke their kiss… “I thought you’re not coming back anymore? Hanna-chan said you’re not coming back…” he continued while giving off a longing expression on his face. It is true that he missed Yui so much. He just can’t imagine life without her… until Hanna came.

 

“I’m not gonna do that! I love you… And I’m here to be with you through your operation” Yui said which made Yabu develop mixed emotions inside him. He knows he still love Yui, but uncomfortable feeling is still lingering through him.

 

After this scene, Hanna then felt the urge to turn around and leave the couple alone. She is indeed furious about the fact that Yui came back just because she knows that Yabu have the chance to regain his vision.

 

“Whatever makes you happy…” a sudden tear left her eye as she walked slowly outside Yabu’s room.

 

--

 

“Hanna-chan?”

 

However, Yabu suddenly called for Hanna as if knowing what she’s thinking. Hanna is only a few steps away to reach the outside of the chamber but Yabu’s voice stopped her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter