Chance

Waking Up With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Hanna felt herself constantly comforting the girl whom she calls her ‘best friend’. She held her hand and shook it continually every time her tears went down her perfected plump cheeks. She found doing this for quite some time now because of the fact she just can't leave alone her friend with the sight of her boyfriend under white sheets in the hospital due to an accident. 
 


Yui cried and gave her sudden grief because of what happened. No one wanted that accident to happen which was partly her fault. Within these past few days, she found herself being in an argument with Yabu who seems to be always there to calm her down just because of simple things that brings a spark of argument.



She just can't forget how her boyfriend tried to save her from the upcoming impact of the car, appearing out of nowhere. The next thing she knows is that she's now looking at him with swollen eyes and can't ignore the scene in which Yabu is covered with white bandages all over.




"He's lucky enough to be alive..." the voice of the person wearing a white coat sighed in despair as he breaks the news to the two girls... "but I'm afraid his eye sight was not spared. A piece of glass from the accident damaged a part of his pupils that affected the retina of his eyes. This can cause a permanent impairment and blindness" he continued to try and explain Yabu's current state.



"Isn’t there something to make him better?" Hanna asked in concern.



"I'm afraid I can't say yet... But I'll inform you if there's good news about his possible treatment." the doctor answered.

---------



It's been a few days since the accident and the two girls are watching over Yabu who's still not moving from his paralysed position. Yui, still feeling hopeless is always accompanied by her friend Hanna who never fails to give encouragement to her. 
 



"Hanna-chan, I have work this coming week... I can't look after Yabu-kun. Can you watch him for me?" Yui asked with plead. Being an idol herself is never easy with all her busy schedule. And let's face it... Taking care of a person in a hospital without a single idea when he will wake up is a bit of a bother for an idol like her.

Hanna just can't help but to nod as she knows how much pressure her friend faces both at work and in real life.

"Thank you... I'll be back" she whispered and went her way through the door.

--

 


"I'll be back..."



The words of Yui kept ringing on Hanna's head as she intertwined her fingers with each other with the thought of when is she actually coming back. It's been almost a week since Yui left and no progress is going on Yabu's situation. The disappearance of Yui was also not helpful for her. She tried calling the girl but all she gets is her voice mail as if being tracked is impossible. 



Being alone with Yabu, she went up and took a glance at the peaceful man succumbed in his own slumber. She just can't help but to notice how perfect he was with his hair covering half of his damaged eyes. Both his eyes were covered by bandages but his skin pattern complimented every corner of his face. She then felt the urge to come closer and touch his face which gave a sudden reaction from the latter.



To her surprise, Yabu moved his head slightly that made Hanna give off a soft smile on her part.



"Yabu-kun?" she whispered.



"Yui?" he answered silently... "I can't see anything..."



After hearing this, Hanna can't help but to feel her own heart sink down her chest. She felt sorry for Yabu for waking up not seeing anything and what's worse, he woke up without his loved one.



She then held his hand and shed a tear.
 


"Yui will be back Yabu-kun... It's Hanna"



"Hanna-chan?" he replied and pulled a weak smile... "I'll be okay, right?" he continued as if aware about what happened to him in the accident.



"Un~ of course..." Hanna replied before she felt a sudden vibration from her pocket which she recognised as her own mobile. This made her pull it from her pocket and answered the call. Another reason made her smile as she heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter